|DAVID L. ETTER, CPA
**** ********* *****, **** ****, MS 38637 Cell: 901-***-****
email@example.com Home: 901-***-****
An intelligent, decisive and analytical management professional with excellent team leadership skills. Quickly evaluate a problem area or emerging issues, identify and communicate the necessary actions and develop and execute a plan to resolve the problem or complete the project. One of the key items in developing any plan, however, is to identify risks involved and assuring mitigation and contingency plans are in place to deal with those risks, an area that’s been identified as one of my strengths. So overall, my management style is to place an emphasis on teamwork, attention to detail and a constant focus on risk analysis and contingency planning.
Decision Maker/Leader Problem Solver Sales/Financial Manager Researcher
Communicator Listener Portfolio Manager P&L
Customer Service Quality Manager Relationship Builder Planner
Effective Communicator Detailed Oriented Highly Skilled Reliable
Energetic Team Player Able to Meet Deadlines
Offering a proven 30+ years track record in accounting/financial management based positions in corporate settings and public accounting settings with increasing responsibility. Experience is supported by proven leadership abilities combined with strong analytical and technical skills. Have assisted with the direction of accounting system upgrades, computer automation, financial analysis, and audit and management team development projects. Have developed and implemented systems proven to increase overall efficiency and profitability. Additional skills, strengths and capabilities by category include:
• Fixed asset management
• A/R & A/P control
• Management of all ledgers
• Development of auditor relations/communications
• Reviewing internal control structures/cash receipts and disbursements
• Cash flow management
• Financial statement preparation
• Working with executive management/ownership to determine goals and using personal initiative to develop and manage strategy to ensure goals are achieved
• Have a history of “getting things done”, effective problem solving and increasing the productivity of tasks/teams
• Background includes a diversity of strengths in areas including (1) task planning, resource coordination and project management; (2) personnel/team leadership and staff training/development; (3) client relations development and management; (4) problem solving and research.
PERFORMANCE-DRIVEN ACCOUNTING SPECIALEST
Quality-focused accounting professional with cross-functional competencies in all phases of accounting, payroll processing and financial analysis. Solid interpersonal skills with the ability to contribute as a team player and interface with professionals on all levels. Responds to operational and financial challenges with confidence, determination and focus. Strengths include:
Payroll Processing Budget & Finance Profit & Loss
General Ledger Client Relations Team Leadership
Financial Reporting Financial Analysis Account Reconciliation
01/2010-Present Senior Managing Director – Conduit Mortgage Capital. Investment Banking firm.
I analyze client’s portfolios, make recommendations, and provide research and analytics. assist clients, salesmen and traders implement strategies and ideas. I also implemented sales. Every day I utilized accounting and finance as part of my job. Management of all ledgers, cash flow management and financial statement preparation.
06/2008-01/2010 Senior Managing Director – Manhattan Investment Group (MIG). Mortgage Banking Company – Memphis, TN.
Recruited branch managers and loan officers. I also, advised the company on accounting and finance issues that they faced. This included handling all the accounting functions of both the receivables and payables. Management of all ledgers. Cash flow management. Financial statement preparation.
01/2008-06/2008 Associate/Sales Representative – Cornerstone America (Black Stone) – Memphis, TN.
I sold insurance. I also advised the company on accounting and finance issues. Management of all ledgers. Development of auditor relations/communications.
01/2006-12/2007 Vice President of Institutional Sales – Duncan-Williams – Memphis, TN.
Analyst/Researcher/Sales. I analyzed client’s portfolios, made recommendations, provided research and analytics. Assisted clients; salesmen and traders implement strategies and ideas. I also implemented sales. Every day I utilized accounting and finance as part of my job.
01/1991-12/2005 Associate Director – Bear, Stearns & Co., Inc. – Atlanta, GA.
Broker/Dealer. I analyzed client’s portfolios, made recommendations, provided research and analytics. Assisted clients; salesmen and traders implement strategies and ideas. I also implemented sales. Every day I utilized accounting and finance as part of my job.
01/1989-01/1991 Manager – Bruno & Tervalon, CPAs – New Orleans, LA.
I performed audits, prepared tax returns and consulted with clients. In addition, I utilized the firm’s credibility to obtain over $1 million in USDA jobs. Supervised 10 staff members.
01/1987-01/1989 Salesman/Analyst – UMIC & NBC Bank – Memphis, TN.
01/1986-12/1986 –Firstbanc Federal – Gonzales, LA – Chief Financial Officer. I helped run the bank with the CEO. We worked as a team.
01/84-12/85 – Ferguson & Co. – Dallas, TX – Chief Consulting Officer. We consulted with banks and savings & loans on mergers, acquisitions and stock conversions. In fact, the FHLB has stated that I was personally responsible for converting 25% of all S&L’s from mutual to stock.
01/1982-12/1983 Regier, Carr, Monroe and Wallace – Oklahoma City, OK. A regional CPA firm. I performed audits, prepared tax returns and consulted with clients. Supervised 10 staff members.
01/1976-12/1981 – Lester Witte & Company – Kansas City, MO. A national CPA firm. I performed audits, prepared tax returns and consulted with clients. We were bought by Peat Marwick and I spent one year with that firm. Supervised 20 staff members.
Licenses and Certifications
Series 3, 7 & 63.
Certified Public Accountant
Life, accident and health license.
BBA – Accounting-Cum Laude-Wichita State University
AICPA – Accounting and finance courses for over 20 years. I also taught AICPA courses.
Bloomberg, Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft PowerPoint, Windows, QuickBooks
Similar ResumesAccounting Manager / Business-Financial Analyst / Senior Accountant
- hyperion essbase, essbase, cognos, hyperion,...SCCM, IT Generalist
- roadmap, enterprise architecture, closed, sccm,...Accountant-General (Finance and Accounting) - Full-Time
- memphis tn, jde, cognos, acd, ambassador, sap,...Project Management Business Analyst Manager Process
India, Chennai, TN
- dynamics ax, cloud computing, rup, updates,...Manager Management Business Accounting Manufacturing
- kraft foods, implementations, milpitas, oxley,...Strategic HR Leader
- practitioner, guru, cognos,...Project Manager Management Customer Service Sales
- loan specialist, cognos, underwriter, childcare,...Veteran Technology Sales, Project Management and Business Development
- force com, sfdc, tuscaloosa, salesforce com,...Customer Service Manager Administrative Assistant
- policies, screening, auto parts, pan, cognos,...Customer Service Business Management Director
- jde, cognos, cip, mgr, accountant, peoplesoft,...