P.O. Box ***, Point Lookout, Missouri 65726
Cell: (417) ***-****
OBJECTIVE: Seeking a summer internship in special event planning
College of the Ozarks, Point Lookout, Missouri Graduation Date: May 2014
Majors: Special Events Management and Computer Information Science
Minors: Business and Spanish Cumulative GPA: 3.98
Special skills: Proficient in Microsoft Access, Excel, Word, and have basic knowledge of website design, Java, C++, and Sequel programming languages
Catering and Special Events Management (Fall 2011) – Mastered the event planning process; planned and designed the Dewey Short Visitor Center Grand Opening for over 200 guests
Advanced Event Management (Spring 2012) – Coordinated with a jazz band, famous Missouri impersonators, a photographer, and others to implement the Dewey Short Visitor Center Grand Opening
Resident Assistant, College of the Ozarks McDonald Dorm, Point Lookout, Missouri (May 2010–Present)
• Direct events such as scrapbook frenzy, karaoke night, and jewelry making for McDonald Dorm residents, using budgeting, publicizing, and catering skills
• Supervise McDonald Dorm by enforcing the college’s rules, answering phones, and posting announcements
• Mediate between dorm residents and offer peer counseling
Front Desk Assistant, The Welk Resort, Branson, Missouri (June 2011 – August 2011)
• Efficiently checked guests into and out of their rooms
• Guided new workers by demonstrating hotel policies and genuine care for guests
• Responsibly handled financial accounts and mastered the hotel’s computer software programs
Track Associate, Track 5, Branson, Missouri (June 2010 – August 2010)
• Dependably operated theme park rides by ensuring safety and enforcing rules
• Demonstrated customer service by directing individuals onto the rides and providing information on Branson's local attractions
EVENT PLANNING EXPERIENCE:
• Dewey Short Visitor Center Grand Opening VIP Dinner, Branson, Missouri (2012)
• Invoke Women’s Retreat, Branson, Missouri (2012)
• Wedding Ceremony and Reception, Ava, Missouri (2010)
• President’s List (2010 – 2011)
• Dean’s List (2009)
• First Degree Black Belt (2009)
• Who’s Who Among Students (2012)
ACTIVITIES and INTERESTS:
• Leadership Development Track (2010 – Present)
• Hotel Restaurant Management Club (2011 – Present)
• National Character and Leadership Symposium (2012)
• Dave Ramsey’s College Curriculum “Foundations in Personal Financing” (2012)
• College of the Ozarks Alumni Club (2012)
• Students in Free Enterprise (2012)
• Patriotic Travel Program for Character Education (2011)
• The Call Leadership Program (2010)
Manager Years Experience
Tucson, AZ - missouri, heavy equipment, tucson, arizona, civil,...
Manager High School
Imperial, MO - missouri, louis, bartender, st louis, michelle,...
Customer Service Manager
St. Ann, MO - missouri, home health, ophthalmic,...
Customer Service Manager
St. Peters, MO - missouri, registered, banquet, property manager,...
Smyrna, GA - missouri, writer, columbia, 2013, restaurant,...
Creve Coeur, MO - missouri, physician, medical billing, inside sales,...
Looking for job,resume inside
St. Louis, MO - missouri, louis, year experience, warehouse worker,...