TRACIE HOUGABOOK, MSW
Jonesboro, Georgia 30238
Social Worker (Entry Level)
Master of Social Work: Clark Atlanta University, Atlanta, Georgia.
Graduated: May 2011; Emphasis: Family and Children.
Scholarship recipient, School of Social Work Academic Scholarship.
Bachelor of Science in Psychology: Clayton State University, Morrow, Georgia.
Graduated: May 2008; Minor: Human Services.
Children Social Worker Intern, McDonough, Georgia
School Social Worker Intern, Jonesboro, Georgia
• Designed and implemented a screening protocol for developmental children at risk
• Supervised children having a range of moods and behaviors
• Provided emotional and psychological support to children
• Provided support and advocacy for clients dealing with the legal system
• Completed assessments and discharge planning; dealt with crises
• Facilitated weekly parent support groups
• Screened clients for appropriate referral and liaise with other agencies
Haven House, August 2010–April 2011
• Assessed needs of emotionally disturbed youth with severe behavior and learning problems
• Managed caseload of 25 students to assess academic performance
• Co-facilitated a support group of 10 students to build self-esteem
• Implemented crisis intervention using empathy and active listening
• Expanded knowledge of community resources; make referrals
• Collaborated with Community Coordinator to promote awareness of gang violence
Mundy’s Mill High School, August 2009–May 2010
WORK AND VOLUNTEER EXPERIENCE
Therapist, Atlanta, Georgia
• Administered individual assessments, treatment planning, and psychotherapy
• Instructed behavior intervention strategies to promote success in daily activities
• Documented assessment and treatment planning utilizing BIRP Progress Notes
• Provided in-home therapy services to adult mental health clients
• Attended weekly team treatment planning meetings
• Developed a list of community resources for client use
Stepping Stone of Atlanta, June 2010-December 2011
Community Specialist, Fayetteville, Georgia
Trainer, Fayetteville, Georgia
• Assisted clients with locating housing resources, community support groups, and other resources to assist with recovery and wellness
• Designed a community resource booklet for clients use
• Provided emotional support and feedback to clients
Total Faith Global Missions, March 2005–August 2008
• Recruited, trained, and supervised 14 volunteers for community outreach programs
• Trained 20 to recognize the need for conflict resolution
• Developed a mentoring program for youth ranging in ages 10-16
• Provided counseling to families in crisis
• Developed Training Manuals for leadership teams
Total Faith Global Missions, August 2008–February 2009
• Windows 2000XP (advanced knowledge), Microsoft Word (advanced knowledge),
PowerPoint (advanced knowledge), SPSS (intermediate knowledge), excellent written and verbal communication skill, proficient with augmentative communication
• National Association of Social Workers
Mental Health Manager
Jonesboro, GA - therapist, paraprofessional, life, mental health,...
Customer Service Office
Smyrna, GA - therapist, nurses, family, dispatcher, office,...
Lawrenceville, GA - therapist, respiratory therapist, respiratory,...
Oxford, GA - therapist, states, hours, treatment, lcsw, week,...
High School Service
Atlanta, GA - therapist, family, was, cpr, age, springfield,...
Wellness and Fitness Coordinator
Atlanta, GA - therapist, fitness, dates, cpr, train,...
Health and Wellness Coordinator
Norcross, GA - therapist, fitness, dates, train, cpr, patients,...