CHENNAKESHWARA REDDY VELAGALA
No:62, PROSSER STREET, WOLVERHAMPTON, WEST MIDLANDS, WV10 9AR
Tel: 00447508801740 Relocation: Yes
e-mail: ***************@*****.*** Availability: Immediately
Visa: Post study work
A hard-working, dependable and self-motivated graduate with ability to work independently as well as in a team. Looking for a challenging position in an organization where I could meaningfully and productively exploit and apply my skills relating to the real world projects there by gaining the hands on expertise and looking for an opportunity that will leverage organizations as well as my career growth prospects. Has boldness and vision to initiate new ideas and implement approaches through strategic direction.
Worked for Vimta labs in Hyderabad (India) as a lab technician from May-2007 to September-2008.
SUMMARY OF EXPERIENCE:
Media preparation as required and growth promotion tests (GMP)
Aseptic preparation of samples for microbiological analysis
To check exact pH is maintained for the samples prepared
Pipetting of diluted samples
Entering sample information into Laboratory Information Management System (LIMS)
Investigating + sterility testing for bulk and finished products
To actively maintain and promote a GMP, ensuring that the highest standards of housekeeping and safety are maintained
Isolation, sub-culturing and maintenance of organisms
Bacterial Endotoxin test, Endotoxin test validation and bioburden test
Identification of gram stain level
Sampling and microbial analysis of water
Preparation of standard operating procedures(SOP)
Daily equipment checks and calibrations
First class bachelors degree in biotechnology, Intermediate and sslc
Elected as class representative in sslc and intermediate
Travelled the length and breadth of India and to some extent in England
Worked for voluntary blood donation camp and donated blood (best part of my life)
Dedication to work
Hard working nature
Excellent communication skills
Good practical knowledge
Ability to learn quickly
• Microbiology: Aseptic techniques, microbial selection, identification, bioreactors, Electron and fluorescence microscopy, food trials, assay development for antimicrobials, handling of pathogens.
• Molecular Biology: PCR, DNA cloning, DNA extraction/preparation, DNA isolation from Bacteria, Yeast and Animal cells, gel electrophoresis, DNA Probe labelling, DNA sequence analysis, molecular (16S rRNA) phylogenetic analysis, DNA-DNA Hybridization, bacterial transformation, clone analysis (restriction, Southern blot), site-directed mutagenesis, library construction.
• Chromatography: Paper chromatography, Thin layer chromatography and Ion-exchange chromatography.
• Electrophoresis: SDS-PAGE (Reducing and non-reducing) and SDS-PAGE Gradient gel.
• Immuno methods: ELISA, Rocket immuno electrophoresis, Western Blot: Semi dry, wet, Dot blot, Southern Blotting and Northern Blotting.
Developed by making oral presentations, campaigning, organising meetings, Motivating young people, efficiently communicating and negotiating with people from various backgrounds at highly paced environments with great attention to detail as a part of Class representative and education.
Competent with IT skills on operating systems. Competent with Microsoft packages such as Excel, Word, Power Point, Outlook, extensive knowledge on Clustal W, data analysis and molecular biology software. Familiarity with bioinformatics and WWW-based microbiology and molecular biology services.
MSc Applied Microbiology and Biotechnology- “MERIT” awarded in 2010
University of wolverhampton, UK
• Modules include: Genes and Genomes, Gene Technology, Environmental Biotechnology, Fermentation Biotechnology, DNA Data mining, Master laboratory techniques, Research Methods, Food born diseases and Pathogen Analysis.
• Research Project: Has worked on Day-Night Blood pressure variability to examine the relationship between mood states, salivary secretory IgA (sIgA) and cortisol levels with BP variability at selected time points in normal subjects by ELISA technique. The results obtained were not conclusive, as some of the participants had reverse dipping from morning to evening.
B.Sc Biotechnology, Biochemistry and Genetics Grade “First class” awarded in year 2007. The Oxford College of Science, Bangalore, India.
• Subjects Include: Cell Biology, Biostatistics, Biophysics, Genetic Engineering, Immunology, Animal Biotechnology, Cytogenetics, Biochemistry, Microbiology, Industrial Biotechnology, Plant Biotechnology, Molecular Biology, Biochemistry and Genetics .
• Laboratory Techniques: Bacterial work (Media preparation, Streaking methods, Observation of Bacteria under Microscope), Chromatography, Electrophoresis Techniques, DNA extraction, Immunology Methods( ELISA, sandwich ELISA, ) Plant tissue culture (MS media preparation, Callus induction, Somatic embryogenesis, )
• Project Training: “Human Genetics” – Analysis of Mendelian traits frequency among the group of population.
• Workshops : Medical Microbial Techniques and Immunotechniques.
I enjoy playing cricket, volleyball, chess, caroms and shuttle. I like listening to all type of music. I also enjoy going out with friends. Another big interest of mine is travelling and meeting new people.
Date of birth: 14 February 1986
REFERENCES:- Available on Request