Project Manager Business Software Management Customer Service
Cell: (516) ***-****
STEPHEN M. WEISS
INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY EXECUTIVE: CIO / CTO
Emerging Information Technologies • eCommerce B2B • Client Server • Server Based Computing
EXECUTIVE Executive with extensive experience developing and restructuring businesses in the healthcare,
PROFILE banking and telecommunications industries. Worked with business partners to achieve growth in profitability and customer satisfaction. Hands-on executive with strong business, managerial and technical design skills. Successful track record developing and maintaining productive relationships with clients, senior management, vendors, and regulatory agencies. Reputation for taking on difficult projects and consistently working within tight deadlines and budget constraints.
• Executive Leadership and Supervision • Multimillion-Dollar Budgeting
• Business Development • Cost Reduction/Margin Improvement
• Turn Around & Crisis Management • Business Continuity Planning
• Customer Focus Needs Analysis • Team Building
• Large Scale Project Management • Technical Infrastructure
PROFESSIONAL ALLEGRAMD, Boca Raton, FL 02/2010 – present
EXPERIENCE AllegraMD is a Business Process Outsourcing company providing clerical and back office staffing functions for the medical community and Financial Services industries. AllegraMD performs medical billing, remittance posting, A/R follow-up as well as sales lead generation for the DME industry.
Chief Information Officer/CTO
Designed and implemented the company web-services and implemented the firm’s five9 CRM system. Developed and implemented company wide technology infrastructure.
Manage technical operations providing billing, collections, client services, payment posting and reconciliation services for our customers and business operations for the firm.
• P/L responsibility
• Vendor and Contract negotiation and management
• Created and implemented all aspects of the firm’s technical infrastructure:
o Windows Servers
o Custom CRM Database and tracking systems
• Created and implemented business process and procedures
• Built and staffed teams to support customers
• Manage day-to-day operations of the firm
MDWERKS INC, Deerfield Beach, FL 03/2005 – 12/31/2009
MDwerks is a financial services company providing lending and factoring for medical claims. MDwerks also bills and provides collections services for its customers. Using proprietary developed software it evaluates medical receivables quality to prevent rejection by insurance carriers and to extend and track lending to our customers.
Chief Information Officer
Developed proprietary software for claims billing, collections and lending. The SaaS J2EE system receives claims and payments via ANSI X.12 EDI 837 and 835 files respectively. SoftShare is used to transform the EDI data for storage in an Oracle database. Ingenix software is used to automatically evaluate claims for taxonomy, diagnosis and treatment coding errors. Funding is offered for valid claims. The system calculates lending interest and other fees. There are extensive hyper-linked reports available.
• Managed firms IT Budget of $3.5 million
• Directed application development and support teams (15 staff)
• Created functional specifications and system designs for all development including: lending/funding risk analysis and automated P&L reporting
• Negotiated and executed contracts with external vendors: IBM, Oracle, Ingenix, Bank Of America, Emdeon and Terremark NAP Data Center
• Migrated technology from IBM WebSphere to open source JBOSS platform
• Implemented Business Continuity Process with data redundancy between our main office facility and data center, laptops and Voice Over IP (VOIP) phone service
• Delivered cost savings and increased profitability via automation and new business process
• Created policy and procedures, enforced HIPAA audit controls and compliance
• Developed and implemented the firms Operations and IT HIPPA and SOX policies
ENTERPRISE TECHNOLOGY CORPORATION (ETC) 3/2002 – 2/2005
ETC is a boutique software consulting firm catering to Broker Dealers, Brokerages and Money Managers.
Chief Technology Officer
• Managed all aspects of the firms operations, technology and projects with clients
• Managed Mutual Funds books and records application development project, $2.5 million budget for a large securities firm in New York
• Brought in new J2EE and Microsoft .NET technology for the firms projects
IMAGINE NETWORKS 12/1999 – 2/2002
The company’s product is a prepaid stored value debit card used for telephony, ATM cash withdrawal and Point Of Sale purchases.
Chief Technology Officer
Co-developed business strategy and designed the software and proprietary hardware to support operational and transaction processing requirements. Responsible for all aspects of technology, vendor management, overall project management and back office processing.
• Managed large multi-vendor project team with $4 million development budget
• Designed overall system architecture:
o Tandem based transaction processor connecting to payment networks and drives a network of devices to collect cash and dispense cards
o HP/Unix based General Ledger, Settlement software and CRM system
o Linux/Intel gateways to accept web and phone based transactions. Built using an APACHE web server on one end and a Tandem protocol line handler on the other.
o Web front end for customer service application
• Identified and managed external vendors to modify existing products and develop new software
• Developed specifications and worked with leading off premise Automated Teller Manufacturer (ATM) to develop proprietary hardware device to accept cash and dispense debit cards
• Designed business process and software for customer support organization
• Met with and presented business plans with external partner senior executives
• Performed contract negotiations and reviews
ASTRATEK 4/1997 – 12/1999
VP software development that created software products for sale, with a professional services group that built products for major software companies. Responsible for developing new business, managing relationships and creating solutions for customers.
• Successfully bid and completed the following projects:
o Developed a smart card architecture for CITRIX’s WINFRAME product and provided RSA based encryption that was incorporated into WINFRAME
o Integrated Windows NT security with DCE security (KERBEROS) and SMB based security for IBM
o Developed Internet product registration software used in Windows 98 and Windows 2000 for Microsoft
o Developed a test harness for the SMS product group at Microsoft. The harness automated the testing of SMS and included components for unattended installation of Microsoft OS and application software. The system allowed Microsoft to significantly reduce the size and expense of their testing staff.
BANKERS TRUST COMPANY 1984 – 4/1997
Vice President, Product Manager
• Part of the management team and Product Manager for an internal software company started by Bankers Trust.
• Managed the Software Products group of 32 developers and support personnel that produced several shrink-wrapped software products for sale.
Vice President, Project Manager, Data Security
• Project Manager for a Data Security Single Sign On System. The solution allowed the bank to meet the Feds mandate that it not degrade existing security while migrating from their existing DECnet network topology to a TCP/IP based network.
Vice President, Data Feeds Group
• Designed and developed a bank data distribution system that allowed heterogeneous systems to exchange data in real time. The data included internal bank information and external Market Data Feeds from Reuters, Telerate and Comstock.
• Designed and implemented a system that integrated PC based workstations with the banks internal Market Data Feed system. This system allowed Traders to use PC workstations to use market data in their spreadsheets and analytical software.
Assistant Vice President, Project Manager - Hong Kong
• Expatriated to the banks Hong Kong office to expand the decision support systems for trading activities in the region.
Assistant Vice President, Project Manager
• Managed teams and developed:
• Global Report distribution system
• Corporate Electronic Mail System
PATENTS CO-AUTHORED SEVERAL TECHNOLOGY PATENTS: PAYMENTS AND IDENTIFICATION
EDUCATION BUFFALO STATE COLLEGE, Bachelors of Arts in Chemistry
ADDITONAL SUNCoast RHIO – CTO/VP: Implemented CONNECT Gateway, Managing esMD Gateway Project EXPERIENCE implementation with CMS
Vandam Consulting Services – SVP/CIO: Responsible for Business and IT Strategy
Madison Heights, MI - cleaners, sac, nurse, packer, housekeeper, hospice,...Manager Sales Technician Production Customer Technical Support
Memphis, TN - fiber, samples, boiler, coating, technician,...Sales Customer Service Call Center Management
Tampa, FL - call center, recruiter, admin, tampa, help desk,...San Diego High School Experience Maintenance Operations
Scott, LA - offshore, rigging, drilling, smaw, welding, water,...Business Analyst Quality Assurance Project Manager
Stamford, CT - business systems analyst, user acceptance,...LMS Applications Analyst
Lake Worth, FL - engineer, administrator, systems engineer, asp,...Healthcare Business System Analyst
Eden Prairie, MN - developer, business analyst, dental, edi,...Data warehouse Business Analyst
somerset, NJ - business analyst, etl, informatica, cognos,...Customer Service Manager Data Entry Real Estate
United States - manager position, enclosed, florist, recruiter,...Entry Level Experience Assistant Office Physical
Bucksport, ME - entry level, chemistry, nh, instrument, aide,...