|LARRY LEE FORRESTER
*** ******** *****
Muskegon, MI 49445
Extensive experience in maintenance and operations planning for pulp and paper mill. Background includes supervision, training, SAP, lockout/tag out, safety. Possesses excellent organizational and analytical skills with a reputation for meeting tight schedules.
ABB INC. Muskegon Mich. 2006-2009
Full Service Maintenance Group
Paper Machine Shut Down Planner (2006 – 2009) Plant Shut Down
Reported to Deputy Site Manager, responsible for planning Paper Machine shut downs work.
• Planned shutdowns using Microsoft Project
• Created bid packages for work that requires additional manpower
• Walked contractors through work to be bid for out sourced jobs
• Responsible for purchase requisition to contracted manpower and for materials
• Maintain lubrication inventory and ordered supplies as needed
• Corrected B.O.M.s thought SAP as they were found to be incorrect or made additions as needed
• Managed up to 30 people as Mechanical Supervisor 3-4 weeks/year. Managed all contractors during shut downs.
• Worked with storeroom to control inventory
• Kited all repair material needed for shot downs
• Responsible for tracking Machine roll location and rebuild of roll removed
• Development of job plans
SAPPI FINE PAPER, Muskegon, Mich. 1977-2006
World-class manufacturer of pulp and paper products.
Pulp Mill Maintenance Planner (2001-2006) Pulp Mill Shut Down
Reported to Maintenance Superintendent, responsible for planning and scheduling shutdowns in 24/7 Wood yard and Pulp Mill. Also took corrective action in response to unplanned emergencies. Managed up to 8 people as Mechanical Supervisor 6-8 weeks/year. Managed all contractors.
• Consistently exceeded equipment reliability goals during both planned and unplanned maintenance.
• Effectively utilized internal labor to minimize need for contract maintenance personnel.
• Coordinated necessary training to improve critical skills in order to drive cross-training among crafts.
• Led several quality task forces which achieved reduced downtime and also reduced length of outage.
• Implemented maintenance improvement strategy to significantly reduce lost-time and first aid accidents.
• Successfully led all planning and scheduling for pulp mill and wood yard outages.
• Procured good and services necessary for outages – had authority for up to $5,000.
• Used SAP to write work orders, purchase requisitions and to update inventory.
Larry Lee Forrester, Page Two
Pulp Mill Maintenance Coordinator (1991-2001)
Reporting to Pulp Mills Superintendent, developed plans for regular shutdowns. Also managed up to four Supervisors as acting Pulp Mill Superintendent for 12 weeks.
• Worked with Operators to troubleshoot production and equipment problems.
• Coordinated procurement of all chemicals and raw materials to achieve just-in-time inventory.
Pulp Mill Supervisor (1977-1991)
Supervised 9 operators and scheduled operations to ensure a continuous and safe flow of pulp to the paper machines. Also supervised the training of new personnel. Monitored pulp inventory, initiated work orders and authorized shutdowns.
Completed a Planning & Scheduling course through AAB University
Microsoft Project training
Metso Paper Machine Maintenance School
4 semesters, Michigan State University, East Lansing, MI
U.S. Army, Honorable Discharge
Rank at Discharge: Sgt, E-5
Similar ResumesMaintenance Supervisor
Kalamazoo, MI - ndt, millwright, equipment mechanic, pulp, carton,...Engineer Quality Management Manager Manufacturing
Decatur, AL - aec, nastran, fea, murfreesboro, cae,...Nurse Registered Practitioner Assistant Medical
Sebastopol, CA - cnor, rhit, perioperative, fnp, np, practitioner,...Resume
Westfield, IN - call center, asset protection,...Project Manager Management Construction Business Analyst
Memphis, TN - plats, surge, painters, drying, pulp, gp,...Manager Maintenance Supervisor Service Project
Muskegon, MI - mechanical supervisor, pulp, state university,...Sales Customer Service Experience High School
Port Gibson, MS - jenkins, disabilities, therapy, greenville,...Manager Quality Management Machine Operator Sap
Columbus, GA - sap, machine operator, available upon request,...IT Advanced Support Technician
Frederick, MD - flexnet, clearquest, juniper, virtualization,...Medical Accounts Payable Coding Assistant Experience
Houston, TX - picu, nicu, coder, endo, neonatal, cognos, coders,...