** years of wireless and telecommunications experience
Managed multi-million dollar CDMA, Wimax & LTE products and services: Responsible for Product Planning: P&L, Business Case development, Roadmap, Evolution path, Sales Training. Provided product direction to cross functional teams of 100+ designers and test/verification engineers.
Managed and developed Wireless Application Solutions (VOIP, VIDEO, Push to Video, IPTV etc) over 3G and 4G networks: Responsible for working with third parties, developing partnerships (identifying synergies with NT products), to assemble a viable ecosystem and go to market solutions.
Business Development Expertise: Evangelized CDMA, Wimax and LTE products, services and applications to Tier 1& 2 customers. Responsible for presenting solutions to the customers and to arm the account teams with the right product knowledge that will enable traction with the customers.
Standards Advisor for 3G/4G Access standards: Contributed to 3GPP2 standards as Vice Chair of Advanced Technology Working Group 3GPP2. Member of Wimax and 3GPP (LTE) forums since inception.
Handset, Smart phone and Chipset exposure: I have worked very closely with Tier1 & 2 Chipset vendors and Smart phone operating systems. I have worked with Qualcomm, Sequans, Beceem and Intel chipset vendors for CDMA and Wimax over the past few years.
Lead Integrated Project Teams : Responsible for providing product direction to the different teams involved in the product lifecycle (Design, Test, VO, Supply Chain, Marketing and Commercial pricing teams) to take different release of the product from Market Readiness, Business Readiness through to Channel Readiness/GA.
Competitive Intelligence: In-depth understanding of 3G/4G competitive landscape.
Participated and Presented at various Tradeshows 3GSM, MWC, CTIA etc
Developed training material in collaboration with Award solutions for 3G/4G: Experience teaching classes of 50+ both at University of Texas (Taught undergraduate C++ and Algorithms classes) and Nortel (Product training to different regional sales and accounts teams).
Wimax & CDMA Senior Product Manager at Nortel 04 – Present
Wireless Access Standards Advisor at Nortel 01 – 04
Senior software designer at Nortel 99 – 01
Master of Science Computer Science 2000
University of Texas at Arlington
Bachelors in Electronics and Communication Engineering 1998
Nagarjuna University, India
Roles & Responsibilities
Senior 4G Access Product Manager
• Wimax Portfolio Owner: As a Wimax PLM at Nortel networks I have delivered End to End Wimax solution CPE, BS, ASG, CSN and OSS/BSS components. I have developed Roadmap, Evolution Plan, MRDs and FRSs for key features for both BTS and ASN GW which were developed in Nortel. Worked closely with Bridgewater and other third party CSN partners to assemble the eco-system.
• Thorough understanding of PHY and MAC layers, Scheduler, OFDMA, MIMO and Beam forming technologies. Worked closely with Arraycom to incorporate their Beam forming solution in to Nortel product. Good understanding of ASN features IPCS, ETHCS, VLAN, Simple IP, Mobile IP, QOS etc.
• Driven vendor selection aspects for Wimax. Contributed and participated in technology due diligence process for vendor selection for CSN Nodes, Wimax BTS etc.
• Delivered BTS-CPE IOT Strategy: Developed IOT strategy, plans and prioritization with chipset vendors Sequans, Beceem and Intel
• Evangelized Wimax and LTE products, services and applications to Tier 1& 2 customers. Responsible for presenting solutions to the customers and to arm the account teams with the right product knowledge that will enable traction with the customers.
• Lead Integrated Project Teams : Responsible for providing product direction to the different teams involved in the product lifecycle (Design, Test, VO, Supply Chain, Marketing and Commercial pricing teams)
• Developed customer outreach strategy for the new Wimax 3P BTS
• Executed Wimax world demos 2007 & 2008
• Executed Wimax architecture changes: Profile-C and Handoff improvements.
• In depth understanding of Wimax Macro/pico & Femto models
Senior CDMA Applications Product Manager
• Developed End-to-End VOIP/Video solution eco-system for IMS and Non-IMS models
• Delivered App release 1.0 and 2.0 for VOIP, PTT & Video over EVDO and Wimax
• Expertise in bringing new vendors to the table through a RFI process and assimilating them in the End to End solution framework after the Business Case appraisal and Technology Due-Diligence. Expertise in different models for introducing applications in to the market (Hosted Solution model etc).
• Developed VOIP applications ecosystem over EVDO.
• Delivered Push-to-Talk application for EVDO currently deployed in the Sprint-Nextel network. Responsible for tuning the Nortel EVDO access attributes to match Sprint Push-to-Talk requirements.
• Developed Video applications Push to Video, Video Conferencing and Video Portal applications. Worked closely with companies like Qualcomm, Mobitv, Radvision, and Mobile Tornado to develop these applications.
• Developed Integrated Application Client that would deliver Messenger like look and feel with integrated VOIP/Video/Chat/Files sharing applications.
• Expertise in different mobile operating systems and application deployment platforms. Assembled BREW applications in partnership with third party vendors. I have experience with Symbian, Blackberry and Widows Mobile OS platforms. Expertise in JAVA and J2ME application environments for mobile applications.
• Expertise in Application Performance over DO network. In-depth understand on QOS (Service Flows aspects) and End to end delay constraints on the EVDO network.
• Expertise in IMS and Non-IMS framework for different applications.
• Expertise in device management technologies and also the frame work that will allow deliver and down load of applications to the devices.
• Good understanding of Mobile Web and WAP gateways.
• Show cased VOIP and Push to Video application over EVDO at CTIA.
Wireless Access standards Advisor 3G/4G
• Member of 3GPP SA2 and RAN 2 working groups till date. Involved in the development of LTE specifications.
• Contributed to Wimax Forum for 2+ years. Contributed to the development of System profile Definitions in Wimax. Familiar with the Wimax forum certification model. Driven Nortel Wimax BTS towards certification. Thorough understanding of Wimax NWG Specification. Participated in the Wimax Profile A/B/C discussions extensively at the Wimax NWG.
• Contributed and Participated in IEEE 802.16e development. Thorough understand of 802.16d/e specifications
• Contributed and developed CDMA Access Standards as the Vice chair of Advanced Technology working group TSG-A 3GPP2. Involved in the development of 1xRTT IOS and EVDO Rev-A/Rev-B specification. Developed End to End QOS Model for EVDO network. In-depth understanding of Air Interface QOS Model and Service Flow mechanism .Developed inter-technology handoff models 1x-DO , 3GPP2-3GPP. Introduced SO67 contributions in to EVDO Specification
• Contributed and Participated in IETF groups ROHC/Sip/Sipping/netlmm/nemo/mip6
• Developed training material in collaboration with Award solutions for 3G/4G: Experience teaching classes of 50+ both at University of Texas (Taught undergraduate C++ and Algorithms classes) and Nortel (Product training to different regional sales and accounts teams).
Senior Design Engineer
• Expertise in Software development, OO methodologies and Design Patterns.
• In-depth understanding of Real-time OS VxWorks and RTOS
• Developed content based billing capability for GGSN on Shasta 5K platform.
• Delivered Q2630 (AAL2 signaling) feature for BICC project.
• Developed MTP Layer 2 for NT WG product.
• Delivered a new Optical TDM card as a part of UMTS2.0 release.
• Prime for Packaging architecture UMTS 1.2/2.0 Releases.
• Delivered MG Partitioning feature UMTS1.2.
Plano, TX - device, 3g, nortel, android, lte, cisco, sr, cox,...
Quality Control Supervisor Years Experience Manufacturing
Johnson City, TN - cnc, millwright, journeyman, crane, helper, tn,...
Johnson City, TN - pharmacist, pharmacy, aide, tn, johnson, city...
Vice President, Business Development
Stamford, CT - content, telecom, sales, sales executive, wireless,...
DALLAS, TX - dba, oracle, developer, sql, etl, pl, linux, java,...
Business Project Test Testing Sales Management
Plano, TX - tester, java, c#, informatica, qa,...
RF Performance Engineer
Hudson, NH - rf, engineer, cdl, tester, bsc, cdma, www, huawei,...