BAKUL (BOB) PATEL
Highly analytical R&D / Production Chemist with a proven track record of producing DOE and results in an organized and timely manner to satisfy both company and client approval. Background in chemistry, product and process improvement for semiconductor, petrochemical, polymer and biotech industry.
NANOSYS, Palo Alto, CA 4/2009- 6/2010
• Supported new products development activities and teams, generated new products and processes that were fully capable of meeting all customer and internal requirements.
• Maintained records of laboratory activities and notebooks in a professional, accurate manner. Maintained records as per QSR, GMP and ISO guidelines.
• Performed specialized tasks as trained in an independent fashion, requiring minimal ongoing direction, once procedures are established.
• Improved quantum dots scale-up, purification, process optimization, technology transfer and process validation.
CHEVRON, Richmond, CA 2008 -2009
R&D Chemist (Contract)
Major responsibilities were synthesis (Polymerization) of Poly Isobutylene in a Glove Box.
• Set up Chiller, Glove box and Glass reactor to appropriate conditions to perform DOE for synthesis of PIB.
• Collaborated with supervisor to established objectives, milestones, and timelines for completion. Reported progress and results to Supervisor on a regular basis.
• Coordinated tasks and functions with other staff members in a cohesive, effective manner.
• Maintained good housekeeping, safety practices to Chevron standard at all times.
Applied BioSystems, Pleasanton, CA 2007-/2008
Production Chemist (Contract)
• Scaled-up manufacturing of oligonucleotide and simultaneously carried out Synthesis of DNA in 12 Synthesizers (model # 3900).
• Accurately operated at a consistent and exemplary level of efficiency, producing high quality and accurate results. Routinely operates to QSR, GLP, ISO and safety guidelines.
POLYMER TECHNOLOGY GROUP, Berkley, CA 2005-2006
R&D Chemist (Contract)
• Scaled-up R&D Organic chemistry synthesis work for new product development of eye contact lenses manufacturing solutions for Fortune 500 companies.
• Established and maintained lines of communication to ensure the timely and accurate flow of information. Regularly interacted with QA/QC, Production, Planning and R&D.
• Participated in new product/process transfer. Ensured required documentation completed. Collaborated with R&D/ process development to establish transfer timelines consistent with targeted introduction date.
• Employed lean manufacturing practices to improve manufacturing operation, reduced waste, improved efficiencies, and reduced cycle time.
DUPONT ELECTRONICS TECHNOLOGY, Hayward, CA 1999-2004
R&D/Formulation Chemist II
• Planed and conducted research to generate basic knowledge in semiconductor cleaning and potential new cleaning/etching products.
• Participated in Patent application and product commercialization (EKC630, 640,650), which were generated $10-12M per year.
• Recognized for strong work ethic and leadership, awarded promotion within a year.
KOMAG, San Jose, CA 1988-1998
Sr. Plating Engineering Tech/ R&D Engineering Tech
• Assumed full responsibilities for manufacturing, monitoring, characterization and new product qualification for 95 mm and130 mm size hard disks.
• Monitored processes to minimize downtime for Electro less Plating, EDC (tape texturing), CMP polishing, Etch line and Clean Line operation.
• Utilized SPC methods to develop new control charts and maintain ISO9000 standard.
• Implemented goals for continuous improvement of processes-yield, cycle time and cost.
Bachelor of Science, Chemistry, S.P. University, V.V. Nagar, India
University of California Extension Courses: Plasma etching and reactive ion etching and Semiconductor Process, ABC of Semiconductor Processing
University of Wisconsin-Madison: Mixing and Scale-Up Filtration, SPC by Donald J. Wheeler,
US Patent 6,777,380 Composition for Cleaning Organic and Plasma Etched Residues for Semiconductor Devices
MS Office Suite, SPC by Minitab (Regression Analysis, ANOVA, Factorial Designs), JMP.
United States - infantry, army, campbell, combat, samuel,...
Quality Assurance Supervisor, Production Supervisor
Fresno, CA - haccp, fresno, animal, meat, ice, microbiology,...
Marketing, Business Development, product management
Minneapolis, MN - airport, aviation, mn, mba, brand, portfolio, b2b,...
Mechanical Draughtsman / Designer
India, Ghaziabad, UP - sugar, draughtsman, equipments, machinery, mills,...
West Chester, PA - reed, aa, patricia, layout, publishing, morris,...
Mount Pleasant, SC - manufacturing engineer, maintenance manager,...
Grayson, GA - welder, frank, tulsa, welding, salary, dates,...