Call Center Customer Service Insurance Financial Services
*** *********** **
KATY, TX *****-1458
(281) ***-**** [HOME]
(516) ***-**** [CELL]
OBJECTIVE: Customer Care Call Center position
EDUCATION: University of California, Berkeley
BA in Economics
Minor in Demography
Both completed in May 1996
Mar 08- Feb 12 Invesco Investment Services, Inc. Houston, TX
Title(s): Dealer Services Senior Technical Representative
• Served as a dedicated contact/relationship manager for Broker/Dealer firms Morgan Stanley, BNY Mellon, Citigroup Smith Barney, Charles Schwab, First Clearing, and other smaller firms. Analyzed and researched daily FundSERV NSCC trade rejects and cost basis issues for dealers. Assisted dealers with price protections and resubmission of rejected trades. Researched and reclaimed outstanding losses for broker/dealer firms and helped reconcile wires. Settled outstanding dealer trades and processed needed maintenance on brokerage-held accounts.
• Processed daily work from department work queues, such as transfer requests, account liquidations, dealer adjustments, Letter of Intent maintenance, account set ups, omnibus house account processing, and manual wire requests. Helped dealers place wire order trades. Researched and pulled documents regarding dealer commissions fees for company management and home office personnel of various Broker/Dealer firms.
• Participated in annual department procedural reviews and various company projects. Answered incoming calls from home office personnel and internal employees regarding department policies and procedures, trades, and work items. Assisted department in daily job functions, responsibilities, and projects. Mentored and trained new hires.
Oct 06-Mar 08 Invesco Investment Services, Inc. Houston, TX
Title(s): Client Services Technical Representative I/II
• Answered inquiries and processed financial trades from shareholders, broker/dealer firms, and internal clients in call center environment. Applied and explained company procedures and guidelines to address client needs. Processed adjustments on financial trades when needed for mutual satisfaction of client and Invesco. Checked trades for other representatives to verify correct processing.
• Educated shareholders and brokers on various funds and investment products offered by Company. Guided shareholders and brokers on tax and legal implications for different financial trades, scenarios, and desired transactions. Researched issues regarding fund reorganizations, mergers, and corporate actions. Downloaded and submitted statements and tax forms to brokers and shareholders.
• Performed research and pulled financial documents for internal and external customers regarding account problems and discrepancies. Documented information obtained through research and phone calls. Submitted requests to Correspondence department to send customized letters to external clients when requested. Worked with other internal departments to resolve disputes and obtain further information to respond to customer inquiries and requests.
Dec 05-Aug 06 York Claims Services, Inc. Melville, NY
Title(s): Senior Litigation Claims Adjuster
• Assisted supervisor in Litigation department of TPA firm in analysis, processing, and settlement/defense of lawsuits from attorney-represented medical insurance providers against various insurance carriers. Negotiated bulk settlements with plaintiff attorney firms when needed. Researched fraudulent claims with Fraud department. Set reserves for claims. Gave authority and provided backup supports to In-House Counsel for defendable lawsuits.
Dec 02-Oct 05 GEICO Direct, Woodbury, NY
Title(s): Senior Claims Litigation Specialist; Level I/II Claims Examiner
• [Senior Claims Litigation Specialist]: Processed high caseload of lawsuits against Company from attorney-represented medical providers within specific allotted time frames. Pulled relevant supports for lawsuits. Determined through review of lawsuits, supports, and state law whether lawsuits to be defended or settled. Answered interrogatories and processed legal correspondence for In-House Counsel
• Created suit referrals for suits determined to be defendable, with brief summary and legal analysis as to basis for defense. Negotiated settlements with plaintiff attorney firms for non-defendable suits. Received over 90% quality audit rating in position and had 100% attendance since date of hire. Selected to participate in company “Claims Leadership Program” to learn about supervisory responsibilities in Company.Helped train new hires.
• [Level I/II Claims Examiner]: Processed payments and denials within appropriate time frames for injured claimants for billing from medical providers per fee-schedules and CPT codes, along with lost wage payments. Analyzed individual claims and determined relevant treatment per injuries listed on police reports and medical forms/correspondence.
• Detected policy coverage problems and existence of fraud with individual claims. Delayed billing for additional information, if needed, to substantiate payment. Reviewed medical peer reports and narratives from physicians to determine appropriate treatment and length of insurance coverage for claimants. Set reserves on claims. Interacted and assisted coworkers and medical providers with individual claims via e-mail and phone.
Nov 99-Nov 02 Continental Airlines, Houston, TX
Title(s): Website Support Supervisor/General Sales Agent
• [Website Support Supervisor]: General sales duties in high-volume call center. Supplied technical support and troubleshooting advice for customers and employees in using company website and online reservations. Provided information and resolved disputes involving company guidelines and operations.
• [General Sales Agent]: Worked in high-volume call center and to assist travel agents and external customers with general domestic reservations and travel packages. Handled and resolved problems for irate customers and upsold different travel packages for callers. Provided general information about airline operations and policies to service callers'needs. Calculated and made adjustments for ticket pricing issues.
• Advanced knowledge of MS Word, Excel, Outlook, and Powerpoint. Proficient in using both Macintosh
and Windows XP/7 operating systems. Typing WPM = 55.
• Series 6 license, expires on 02/14
• Speaks English, some German and Spanish.
Similar ResumesSales Business High School Loss Prevention Community College
- setter, appointment setter, loss prevention,...Customer Service Manager Data Entry Business Call Center
- tm, information specialist, standing,...Warehouse associate
- vincent, murray, jonathan, basketball, dallas tx,...Customer Service Sales San Antonio Management
- cip, accounts payable clerk, payable clerk,...Customer Service Call Center Entry Level Sales
- strength, rodriguez, customer service call,...receiving,shipping,order pulling
- phil, order puller, richland, pallet, situations,...Customer Service Sales Quality Control Call Center
Flower Mound, TX
- dock worker, dallas tx, tyler, information system,...Sales Operator Forklift High School Technician
- wind technician, trimming, receiving clerk,...Senior Associat-Asset Management
- lawyer, cfa, laundering, khan, qatar, ernst,...Customer Service Sales Call Center Business Development
- sandy, setter, adt, new business, health services,...