|Sonya M. Simpson
**** ******* **. #*
Laurel, MD 20723
Objective: Objective: To obtain viable employment as a recruiter, branch manager, HR recruiter or any
talent acquisition related field.
Adventist Behavioral Health/Systems Recruiter 12/08/08 to Present
Recruiter for Annapolis, Eastern Shore, Rockville, MD
• Manages new hire general orientation.
• Facilitate internal and external recruitment
• Collaborate with Director in developing and implementing recruitment and retention strategies
• Manage project implementation as assigned.
• Ensure new hire documentation is compliant with regulatory guidelines.
• Promote and adhere to department’s customer service expectations
• Ensures consistent application of compensation philosophy to hiring managers and applicants.
• Implements department initiatives within budgetary guidelines.
• Source applicants for assigned positions/departments
• Screen all applicants for quality.
• Interview applicants, making recommendations to Directors
• Extend offers to successful applicants after the Directors make their decisions.
• Host recruitment open houses, attend job fairs, etc.
• Tracks recruitment statistics, making recommendations to increase quantity and quality of hires.
• Place recruitment advertising with career builders, monster, Washington post, Adventist
website, and other healthcare boards/newspapers.
• Track salary/benefit information in the market, making recommendations to the HR Director
and compensation department.
The HR Source / Contract Recruiter 09/08 to 12/5/08
1099 Contractor/Behavioral Health, Rockville, MD
• Full-Cycle recruiting with the Potomac Ridge Behavioral Health Hospital
• Recruit for Acute Care Behavioral Health candidates which included but not limited to:
Psychiatric Registered nurses, Social Workers, Chemical Dependency Counselors, Special
Education Teachers, Psychiatric Technicians and Act ivies Therapist.
• Oversee the hospital wide recruiting, interviewing and selection process to assure the hiring of
appropriate candidates for vacant positions.
• Manage the company’s web page boards in posting all new open requisitions. (Washington post,
career builders and monster)
• Represent the department as first line of communication.
• Maintain new candidate records and facilitates flow of information and documents
• Assist Director with special projects
• Coordinate the orientation program for the hospital
• Ensure new hire documentation is compliant with regulatory guidelines.
• Develop and implement recruiting strategies.
• Present offers to new candidates.
Victory Management Services, LLC / Owner/Operator 01/08 to Present
1099 Contractor /Recruiter Direct Hire, Travel, Per Diem (all Areas)
• A talented Virtual Recruiter to bring my 11 years experience and dedication to your company.
• Utilize me to help you to build your core staff.
• As your Virtual or Contract Recruiter – Keep a home office, work both with clients and
candidates to fulfill employment needs that meet and exceed expectations.
• I am also available to work on-site if your needs demand more personal time.
• Full-cycle recruiting in the following area: Allied Health, Nursing, Physicians, Dentist, Support,
Clerical, Professional CEO, CFO, COO, Directors and Managers, IT and Administration.
• Sales and business development from: Flu clinic’s, home visit assessments, hospitals, doctors
offices, nursing homes, government and private industries.
• Formulate an appropriate recruitment plan and utilize all my resources to deliver an ideal
• I will source and pre-screen all candidates.
• Submit resume and other supporting documents for your review
• A proven track record of success with both clients and candidates at the professional through
• Able to proactively manage multiple tasks and have the initiative to complete tasks from
inception to completion.
• Sound business judgment in selecting techniques and timetables for obtaining solutions and
• Possess excellent interpersonal and management skills
• Demonstrate superior verbal, listening and written communication skills
General Healthcare Resources, Inc./ Senior Nurse Recruiter 10/07 to 6/08
Ellicott City MD/ Territory DC and MD
• Agency Instructor for St. Joe Hospital Medical Center: Train RN Staff to use their system.
• Responsible for building and maintain hospital accounts in the Maryland and DC area.
• Developing new business in the DC and MD area.
• Responsible for maintain hospital nurses, using various date bases.
• Responsible for weekly in person sales calls.
• Salary negotiation and closing the deal.
• Place ads, marketing ads, and mailers.
• Persuasive, intuitive and effective communicator with nurses and clients.
• Communicate with clients in DC and MD to ensure placement accuracy.
• Responsible for all recruiting activities in assigned region
• Schedule and plans recruiting events, such as: interview dates, job fairs.
• Accountable for developing and utilizing recruiting source, including internet, job boards,
employee referrals, special recruiting events, and networking to source external candidates.
• Work within assigned budget.
• Process new hire paperwork to ensure all necessary documents are completed and are in
US resources Healthcare/Brentwood, TN/Specialty Nurse Recruiter 1/07 to 8/07
Contractor for Holy Cross Hospital in Silver Spring, MD
• Responsible for sourcing, screening and interviewing applicants for employment.
• Recruit candidates to staff vacancies within the nursing units of the Hospital.
• Coordinates the interview to hire process for new employees.
• Serves as a resource and advises hospital managers on various Human Resource policies and
procedures, employment regulations and JCAHO requirements.
• Maintains appropriate documentation of recruitment/employment decisions.
• Participates in the development of recruitment strategies and process improvements to support
the recruitment function.
Nursefinders, Inc./Chevy Chase, MD
Branch Manager (Medical Staffing) 5/00 - 01/07
• Responsible for administrative duties associated with building the staffing department.
• Work closely with the Area Director to achieve effective management of
• well-planned programs.
• Develops programs to foster revenue and gross margin growth.
• Develop and execute sales plans with the assistance of the Area Director/Regional Vice
• Create sales growth opportunities by developing community relations and
• identifying referral sources.
• Increase community awareness of the department/location through: media exposure, local
publications, job fairs, community involvement, etc.
• Perform all duties involved in the recruiting, interviewing and hiring of clinical filed employees.
• Provides weekly reports of sales activity, growth, gross margins, field employee recruiting and
placement activity, etc.
• Responsible for building market share and top revenue in the Clinical staffing business through
sales and marketing efforts in the assigned territory.
• Follow up on clients with contract needs, problem and services needs.
• Communicates effectively both orally and in writing.
• Work closely with Nursefinders' clients in identifying needs and filling those needs.
• Trains and supervise additional personnel, when needed, in all aspects of clinical staffing.
Nursefinders, Inc / Chevy Chase, MD, Baltimore & Virginia
Staffing Supervisor/Office Manager 04/98 - 05/00
• Manage Client Service Representatives and Client Service Supervisors
• Assists in the recruitment and selection of Client Service Representative and Client Service
• Coordinates work schedule and manage day to day operations of Client Service Reps.
• Acted as telephone receptionist and follow telephone guidelines set forth by manuals.
• Receives and coordinated home care service requests.
• Verified credit and insurance information
• Scheduled appropriate employees to meet home care client needs, under the direction of the
Clinical Director or supervising RN.
• Track physician orders, case conferences, recertification’s, in-services, and supervisory visits.
• Make sales calls to clients and prospects as designated by the Branch Director.
• Interview and reviews applications as outlined in Nursefinders manuals. An administered and
scored skill inventories.
• Check references by telephone or letter.
• Determined employee availability and schedules.
• Verified Health information on Employee Information Cards consults with employees who need
to update their health certifications and filed records of employees whose health certifications
have lapsed in the inactive files.
Providence Hospital/Washington, DC
Staffing Assistant II (Nurse Administration) 09/99 - 12/2004
• Coordinates work schedules and manage day-to-day operations.
• Verifies nursing licenses with the appropriate state agency annually.
• Maintenance of human resources dbase and provide reports as needed.
• Communicate effectively with health system personnel at all levels.
• Receives call-in, notifies appropriate staff members, identifies needs, and secures
• Process the Patient Classification Systems data and distributes reports.
• Facilitate communication in the Nursing Office and serve as a resource for staffing, scheduling
policies and procedures.
• Assist in troubleshooting and maintaining computerized systems with the staffing office.
• Process, completes, and communicates schedule changes from the Nursing Areas. Assist in the
education and training of new staffing assistant.
Pardoe Real Estate ERA/Washington, DC
Part -Time Front Desk Receptionist (e/o weekend) 08/99 -08/00
• Responsible for word-processing, filing and answering phones.
A & S Towing /College Park MD
Part-Time Repo Recovery Specialist 09/97-05/99
• Coordinating legal suites against 90+ day delinquent accounts.
• Assemble data and gather any additional documentation to complete an
• Executed aggressive skip trace efforts, utilizing methods that do not violate federal & state laws.
• Manage financial areas of the branch business including, payroll/billing
• functions. Accounts receivable and account set-up.
• Responsible for the weekly payroll for over 100 field nurses.
• Record instant pays requests and creates checks and distributes weekly paycheck.
Silver Spring Auto City, Inc/Silver Spring MD
Collection Manager 04/95-12/97
• Account reconciliation and research. Establishing repayment schedules.
• Monitoring collection efforts and to determine loss prevention concerning bad debt accounts.
• Ability to expeditiously review an account and determine what investigative steps is needed.
• Verifies and ascertains credit reports on all accounts.
• Acted as Assistant Comptroller when needed, handle bank deposit and daily closures.
Teamster Warehouse Employees Local 730/Washington, DC
Office Manager 08/93-04/95
• Prepared correspondence, memos, and various types of reports.
• Responsible for ordering big purchases for staff members (phone systems, computers &
• Perform detailed reference and technical skill checks.
• Developed sound and effective programs through attending workshops and
• Delegated responsibility to administrative and supervisory personnel to insure effective
• Coordinated meeting, travel and training arrangements.
Drug Enforcement Administration/Washington, DC
Legal Technician II (Contract -Ebon Research Systems) 11/90-07/93
• Updated and maintained dbase files dealing with Asset Forfeiture old and new cases.
• Act as liaison between state and federal agencies and DEA headquarters.
• Analyzed police and case agent reports to determine probable causes for said asset to be
forfeited to the Federal Government.
• Responsible for logging of all Moines seized and released with the Eastern Region.
Adventist Healthcare Education Institute/Rockville, MD 2008-2009
Courses: Leadership academy courses, Behavioral Interviewing, Meeting Facilitation, Service Excellence
and Accountability that works.
March 12, 2009 – May 21, 2009
UMBC Technology Center at University at Shady Grove/Rockville, MD
Courses: Strategic Management, Workforce Planning and employment, Human Resource Development,
Total Reward (compensation and benefits), Employee and Labor Relations, Risk Management
(Occupation Health, Safety and Security).
Champion Realty Inc./Odenton MD
Courses: Principles and Practice of Real Estate for Salespeople –Maryland Completion: 2005
Prince George's Community College/Largo MD
Courses: Management, Business Owners Success Series (Boss), Basic Medical Terminology, Spanish I and
II for health Professionals. Completion: 2002
National Institute Division of Workforce Development/Bethesda, MD
Courses: Medical Terminology I/II, Windows, Time Management, Basic Timekeeping, and effective
writing I, WordPerfect for windows. Completion: 1996
University of DC/Washington, DC
Courses: Basic Programming (COBOL, Basic Language, and Data Processing)
Information Systems. Completion: June 1988
Operating Systems Experience:
StafPak+ People Soft
TSS Job Diva
AS400 Meditech Nurse Training
PCI.JTM Nurse Training Max Hospital email system
Team Captain – National Alliance on Mental Illness – Raised $3906.00; 2009
Co-Caption – Employee Moral Team – Adventist Behavioral Health
Team Member – Human Resources Summit Committee – Adventist Behavioral Health
Similar ResumesProject Manager, Compliance
Lynn, MA - cisa, grc, ax, wbs, basel, fp, pwc,...Sales Business Development Marketing Real Estate
Grapevine, TX - rpo, bpo, emc, keywords, mortgage, recruiters, sme,...Manager Business Development Project Sales Customer Service
Colorado Springs, CO - bdm, wfm, 125k, ubuntu, ats, unlimited, recruiter,...Manager Sales Human Resources Real Estate Management
Jerome, MI - cover letter, phr, rep, realtor, producers, cover,...Director-HR, Director-Recruiting, Manager-HR, Manager-Recruiting, Exec
United States - rpo, cdi, hr business, forging, sample, infotech,...Core Team Recruiter - 17 years experience
Sarasota, FL - eoe, taleo, sourcer, rpo, h1b, wireline,...San Diego Full Time Occupational Therapist Ccrc/Snf/Hh Experience
San Diego, CA - therapist, occupational, occupational therapist,...Customer Service Patient Access Assistant Representative
Westminster, CO - patient access, upcoming, ipad, scrub,...Sr. Recruiter
Chantilly, VA - computer operators, polygraph, rpo, vacancies,...Recruiting Director / Manager
United States - architect, recruiter, allen, engineer, search, www,...