|Craig M. Shigemasa
**** ********** ***** #****
San Jose, CA 95110
Seasoned financial professional with 10+ years of experience in corporate finance, accounting and financial planning. A high level of technical skills, quantitative and financial abilities along with excellent communication skills. Able to master numerous accounting software systems in a short period of time.
• Analyzed warehouse operations for all three shifts. Took ownership of the task and increased communication between everyone involved. Within three months all three shifts were working together as a team. The warehouse turnover was zero and inventory and billing errors were minimal.
• Set-up procedures to address inventory requirements (.i.e. receiving, returns, promo’s and damages). Trained and educated company personnel on procedures. During the physical inventory the variance dropped from $45,000.00 to less that $100.00
• Project Management. To supply airlines with in-flight meals. Planned, scheduled and implemented program. Increased production by 3,000 sandwich’s per week. Sales increased from $4,000 per week to $15,000 per week. Top 3 Producer in the nation for franchise.
• Modified a budget excel spreadsheet for a cable company. All departments were linked (10) and produced a consolidated report. In bedded formula’s sped up the process. 1 per could handle the process versus 2-3 people previously. Also, the time frame for completion was reduced by 3-4 weeks.
• Set-up financial procedures for a T-shirt printing company. Documented all revenue sources to insure all financial data were collected. Also, minimized duplicate reporting when procedures were followed since information was obtained from different countries and states.
• Set-up procedures and a billing schedule for Service Contract Sales. Addressed concerns by management and customers. Within 4 month Service Contract Sales increased by 35%.
• Design and implemented cost cutting program for payroll and expenses. Within 2 months no overtime and expenses were reduced 30% below budget.
01/11 to Present Sr. Accountant/Manager, Healthy Pets,Inc., Re-organized, re-assign and coordinated accounting staff (5) workload. Segregate accounting functions. Set-up Policy and Procedures and cleaned-up prior years financials. Processed and reconcile all major vendor accounts. Created spreadsheets to aid in complex reconciliations, analyzes purchases and assist in tracking major vendors line Amazon. Liaison with CPA.
09/99 – 12/10 Ameriprise Financial/American Express Financial Advisors, Inc., Financial Advisor, a Financial Services Corporation. We address the clients complete financial situation thru the Financial Planning process by assisting the client in prioritizing their goals, gathering their information, analysis, propose realistic solutions, implement their plan and review their progress. We help our clients in areas like Tax Planning, Retirement Planning, Estate Planning, Money Management, Accumulation Strategies and Insurance/Protection issues.
04/04 – Present Accountemps/Robert Half, Inc., Senior Accountant, a Specialized Employment Services Corporation. Worked with numerous companies doing various accounting functions such as Monthly Financial Statements, Analysis and reconciliation of accounts including bank statements, Audit worksheet preparation, Journal entry preparation and posting, Accounts payable, Create and program excel worksheets, other accounting functions.
11/96 – 06/99 VA, Inc., General Manager/Controller, a Video/Electronics Corporation. Responsible for the day to day operations of the company including all accounting functions. Also, maintained a retail operation insuring adequate levels for supplies and inventory, merchandise tagged and priced, equipment serviced and maintained, procedures followed to insure controls over cash, merchandise and company assets. Supervised a staff of 2.
08/94 – 09/96 Subco Corporation D/B/A Blimpie Subs & Salads – Waimalu, President, a Fast-food Franchise Corporation. Responsible for the day to day operations of the company including all accounting functions. Increased sales volume from approximately $16K/month to $63K/month ranking us as one of the top producers in the nation for this chain. Supervised a staff of 13.
Certified Trainer (POS), CounterPoint & CounterPoint SQL, 2010
Advance Skills, Microsoft Excel, Word and Access.
Proficient, ERP Systems (SAP, Peoplesoft, and Lawson)
Including Quickbooks, MAS 90/200, Great Plains, Peachtree.
Licensed Financial Advisor, Series 7 & 66.
BBA-Accounting, University of Hawaii at Manoa, Honolulu, HI
MBA, Chaminade University of Honolulu, Honolulu, HI
Similar ResumesSales / Construction
Santa Clara, CA - available upon request, available upon,...Project Management, Office Manager & Administrative Support
San Francisco, CA - speech, land, administrator, landscape, technician,...-
Campbell, CA - campbell, ca, us,...Manager Office Production Assistant Management
El Cerrito, CA - tester, artist, ui, qa, 3d, www, pipeline,...Controller/Accounting Manager
San Jose, CA - accountant, developer, jose, san jose, oracle,...Senior Accountant
San Jose, CA - accountant, jose, sap, san jose, hyperion, bw, erp,...Accounting Manager/Senior Accountant
San Jose, CA - accountant, india, accounting staff, controller,...Restaurant Spanish Ca Co Ericsson Hills Ave Present
Camarillo, CA - restaurant, eric, ericsson, seafood, spanish,...Staffing and Sales Manager
Fremont, CA - cover, recruiter, recruiters, siebel, army,...Sr. Accountant
San Jose, CA - accountant, controller, cpa, jose, san jose, hotel,...