INDEPENDENT TECHNICAL WRITER
Senior technical writer with exceptional writing ability, a strong technical background, and the knack for producing good work fast. Demonstrated ability to work effectively with diverse nationalities, personalities, and customers.
“Larry reported to me for a number of years when he was our lead technical writer for the Cisco 7600 product line. He consistently demonstrated a high degree of technical expertise on the products he supported, and quickly came up to speed on new products … He consistently produced a high volume of documentation that earned some of the best customer satisfaction scores at Cisco. I'm pleased to recommend Larry.” R.Thayer, Publications Manager, Cisco Systems
“Larry and I have worked on a number of projects involving the launch of key HW products, SW releases on the 7600 platform…Larry has been instrumental in the success of our platform by helping clearly articulate the product, its features and its support information. A great asset to our team!” Murali Gandluru, Sr. Product Manager, Cisco Systems
“Larry worked closely with our Product Marketing team to generate technical documents for the Cisco 7600 platform. He was very conscientious and reliable. His documentation was consistently accurate and clearly written. I enjoyed working with Larry and was very happy with his results.” Thomas Morphopoulos, Product Marketing, Cisco Systems
Corestaff Services 2011-2012 Technical Writer
Wrote Emergency Operating Procedures (EOPs) for data center electrical and mechanical equipment (switchgear, UPSs, diesel generators, chillers, etc.) for Amazon Data Center Global Services in Sterling, VA.
Keane Federal Systems 2010-2011 Consultant
Developing and documenting policies/processes for producing Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) for project that provisions a new data center for the US Courts Office of Information Technology (OIT) at the Thurgood Marshall Federal Judiciary Building (TMFJB), Washington, DC.
Future Edge Consulting 2010 Contract Technical Writer
Developed SOPs describing financial business processes for a database system used by the US Army's Technology Applications Office (TAO) at Fort Detrick in Frederick, MD.
Cisco Systems 1999-2009 Senior Technical Writer / Documentation Lead
* Senior technical writer/documentation lead for Cisco 7600 router documentation; for each of past four years documentation has exceeded its target customer satisfaction numbers.
* Documented router hardware features (20%) and software applications (80%) delivered on Cisco IOS trains. Documentation types include installation guides, configuration guides, release notes, command reference guides, system manuals, and quick start guides.
Below are some of the documents that I worked on at Cisco Systems; if you’re viewing an electronic version of this resume, you can click on them to see them; otherwise, you can cut and paste:
* Participated in software development life cycle (SDLC) meetings as documentation representative.
* Followed Cisco’s proprietary Great Engineering Methodology (GEM), a concurrent engineering lifecycle approach, for producing documentation deliverables.
* Led a team of twelve writers tasked with producing a soft switch documentation set.
* Developed and maintained external web site for customer access to Cisco 7600 router product documentation at http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/routers/ps368/tsd_products_support_series_home.html
* Performed project management function to track features on software release trains, create documentation plans and schedules, delegate feature-writing assignments, schedule reviews, and ensure documentation ready for release date.
* Worked closely with subject matter experts (SMEs) to ensure technical accuracy.
* Researched command line interface (CLI) in lab to determine and verify commands.
* Member of teams tasked with developing a uniform documentation model and moving documentation to XML.
* Telecommuted full-time from home office 2007-2009.
Pulsecom 1996-1999 Documentation Group Leader and Sr. Technical Writer
* Directed documentation group and wrote manuals for a provider of communications access solutions (ADSL, D4, DLC, Series 5) to Local Exchange Carriers (LECs) and Internet Service Providers (ISPs).
CONTRACT WRITER ASSIGNMENTS 1992-1996
* CTel Corp. - User manuals, marketing collateral (product brochure, data sheets, print ads, and direct mail) for E1/T1 non-intrusive monitoring system with Windows based GUI.
* Watkins-Johnson - Circuit descriptions for Digital Signal Processing equipment (Multi-Channel Receiver, Tunable Demodulator).
* Pulsecom - ISO 9001 documents to track engineering design process for manufacturer of digital transmission systems (channel banks, CO bays, plug-ins).
* LCC, L.L.C. - Online user guide for GUI for program that analyzes cellular networks.
* Stratus Telecom Development Center – Reference, proposal work, and user manuals for SS7 telecommunication services platform for telephone service centers.
* Logicon, Inc. - User manual for program used with Paradox to manage database.
* METS, Inc. - Test procedures, proposals, system overviews, data sheets, software design documents, and user manuals for a mobile data and voice communications network.
Core International 1991-92 Technical Writer
* Software and hardware manuals for disk drives, disk arrays, optical drives, and data backup systems.
Encore Computer Corp. 1990-91 Sr. Technical Writer
* Marketing material (data sheets, product brochures), software release notes, and user, diagnostic, and system manuals on UNIX based real time computers and large scale networking (TCP/IP and X.25 protocols) systems.
CONTRACT WRITER ASSIGNMENTS 1989-1990
* Henschel Corporation – Shipboard communications manual (MilM15071E).
* Satellite Transmission Systems - System manuals for satellite earth stations.
Gould Inc., Computer Systems Division. 1984-1989 Sr. Technical Writer
* Programming reference, diagnostic, and operation and maintenance manuals (MilM-38784) for a flight simulator computation system for the US Air Force.
* Bachelor of Arts, English State University of New York at Stony Brook
* Certificate in Digital Technology Suburban Technical School Hempstead, NY
Co-author of The Homeowners Property Tax Relief Kit (McGraw-Hill). Other writing credits include The McGraw-Hill Real Estate Handbook, 2nd Edition, The Foreclosure Listing's Guide To Buying Foreclosures, Florida Hotel and Motel Journal, Business Today, Executive Update, Business 95, Independent Business, and Physician’s Management.
Corel Draw, Documentum, Excel, FrameMaker, MASS 11, Microsoft Word, PageMaker, PowerPoint, UNIX, XMetal, DITA, HTML, Acrobat, Photoshop, RoboHelp, Visio, Windows XP, Windows Vista, Word 7.
Management Technical Writer
Gainesville, VA - technical writer, writer, sharepoint, nm, cyber,...
Technical Writer Manager
Woodbridge, VA - writer, technical writer, editor, harris, script,...
Arlington, VA - technical writer, ms word, writer,...
Management Technical Writer
Alexandria, VA - technical writer, writer, pmo, editor, improve,...
Fairfax, VA - technical writer, consultant, lauren, peoplesoft,...
Senior Technical Writer-Editor
Arlington, VA - technical writer, writer, pages, technical, qa,...
Centreville, VA - top secret, technical writer, writer, copy, korea,...