HUMINT Ops, Intelligence Analyst, Collection Manager
|David J. Sultzer
***** ******** ***
Waldorf, MD 20603
Home: (240) ***-**** - Cell: (240) ***-**** - Deployed mobile: 01193-799719958
Summary of Professional Qualifications
More than twenty years of experience as a senior level HUMINT technician, an analyst, a skilled strategic debriefer, interrogator and intelligence collection manager.
* Supervised and managed intelligence collectors and analysts in various strategic and tactical environments.
* Excellent communication skills with the ability to communicate at all levels within the Intelligence Community and various Law Enforcement agencies.
* Strong leadership abilities supervising a diverse workforce - military, government, contractor and foreign.
* Proven record in developing training programs and doctrine for Human Intelligence personnel.
* Maintains a TS/SCI Security Clearance.
Counter IED Operational Integration Center Northern, VA
HUMINT Analyst June 2007 to Present
* Leads, coordinates and manages the first HUMINT element for a C-IED exploitation support team which operates on a rotational basis in Iraq and Afghanistan, while also supporting State-side HQs.
* Prepares and briefs multiple agency staff visits, at all levels, within CONUS and overseas to inform inter-agency partners about team capabilities and value in support of military action efforts.
* Manages a team effort to support the delivery of information, to and from, tactical and national level IED exploitation labs/elements/agencies to identify technical insurgent TTPs and capabilities.
* Assists in providing valuable counter IED insurgency information to intelligence fusion centers to develop products for use by on-the-ground military units.
* Deployed to Iraq and Afghanistan in support of the C-IED mission to mitigate the success of IED insurgent networks, and exploit Tactics, Techniques and Procedures.
Joint Improvised Explosive Device Defeat Organization (JIEDDO) Arlington, VA
HUMINT Officer June 2006 to June 2007
* Assists in coordination with federal, state and non-governmental agencies and synchronizes their efforts to gather information and intelligence on personalities involved in terrorist and insurgent IED activities that threaten U.S. and Coalition personnel worldwide.
* Prepares and staffs information memos and briefings related to assigned intelligence analyst operations.
* Assists in identifying JIEDDO intelligence requirements for terrorist and insurgent IED activities.
* Assists in ensuring collection by appropriate agencies and analyzing collected information and intelligence to tailor it for incorporation into the JIEDDO joint common intelligence picture.
Combined Joint Task Force - Horn of Africa, Deployed Camp Lemonier, Djibouti, Africa HUMINT Team Leader November 2005 to May 2006
* Answered joint command priority intelligence requirements (PIR) in an austere environment of the Ogaden Desert in East Africa.
* Managed a Strategic HUMINT Team in a joint environment while collecting against national level intelligence requirements.
* Provided real-time force protection information to military, governmental and non-governmental agencies operating in the region.
* Wrote more than 100 Intelligence Information Reports (IIR) to fill key strategic level intelligence gaps.
* Advised General Officers and the U.S. Ambassador to the East African region of Ethiopia, Somalia, Kenya and Yemen on regional concerns that effect U.S. decision-making in the region.
Regional Team Chief October 2004 to April 2005
* Appointed as the North Africa/Europe Regional team chief and charged with the responsibility of intelligence exploitation of 89 detainees.
* Managed and supervised a team of 16 combined military and civilian contractor interrogators and analyst.
* Responsible for developing and managing Special Interrogation Plans to extract strategic intelligence concerning Islamic extremist groups.
* Reviewed and practiced quality control through editing and approving all Summary Interrogation Reports (SIR) and Intelligence Information Reports (IIR).
* Managed short-fused, high-priority taskings that resulted in the precision management of detainee dynamics throughout a seven-camp enemy combatant detention facility.
* Appointed the Central Asia team chief to manage and exploit 170 detainees and personally responsible for reviewing, editing and releasing approximately 120 SIR reports and 45 IIR reports.
Iraq Survey Group, Deployed Mosul, Iraq
Strategic Debriefer July 2003 to January 2004
* Operated as a Strategic Debriefer for the Iraqi Survey Group, Defense HUMINT Service, while deployed in Iraq during Operation Iraqi Freedom.
* Focused on national level intelligence requirements levied on Weapons of Mass Destruction programs developed in Iraq via overt HUMINT collection operations.
* Assigned as the senior debriefer to reorganize and restructure the intelligence collection cycle of the
Mosul Operating Base to improve quality and quantity of intelligence reports in Northern Iraq.
* Proposed a collection management program to allow for more effective targeting of HUMINT assets
to gather critical intelligence on Iraqi WMD programs.
* Charged with the responsibility as the only overt debriefer to return to Northern Iraq to re-establish HUMINT operations for a new operations base, after the former Base was destroyed by a vehicle-borne IED.
Combined Joint Task Force - 180, Deployed Bagram, Afghanistan
Strategic Debriefer/Interrogator August 2002 to November 2002
* Conducted 43 interrogations of suspected Al Qaida terrorists and other detained individuals for both tactical and strategic intelligence and force protection information.
* Performed liaison duties with Afghan military personnel at the Kabul Military Academy which provided a unique awareness of political situations.
* Provided Persian-Farsi/Dari language support thru detainee and source interpretation and translation of documents and pocket litter at the Bagram Collection Point.
Detachment 427, Defense Intelligence Agency Brooklyn, NY
HUMINT Project Officer December 2001 to May 2006
While assigned to a DIA detachment in New York, over a five year period, I was deployed to key positions throughout the world.
* Planned and conducted HUMINT collection operations under various programs, while coordinating activities with local and national agencies in support of operations.
* Conducted accurate and detailed assessments of important HUMINT sources and submitted reports that were responsive to Intelligence Community's priority requirements.
* Identified and exploited a highly significant source who provided key intelligence information on oil-field security in Northern Iraq prior to Coalition Force ground war.
* Forged unique intelligence relationships with the FBI and the Department of Homeland Security to assist in the GWOT.
* Mentored and coached junior debriefers to ensure successful screening of data, good preparation and approach to debriefing potential HUMINT sources.
103d Military Intelligence Battalion, Multinational Division North Bosnia-Herzegovina
Tactical HUMINT Team Chief November 2000 to November 2001
103d Military Intelligence Battalion, Ft. Stewart, Ga.
Tactical HUMINT Team Chief April 1999 to November 2000
Analysis and Control Element, 103d Military Intelligence Battalion, Ft. Stewart, Ga.
All Source Intelligence Technician April 1998 to April 1999
Defense Language Institute, Monterey, Ca
Student May 1995 to March 1998
Science and Technology Section, 66th Military Intelligence Brigade, Augsburg, Germany
Strategic Debriefer May 1994 to April 1995
Foreign Intelligence Activity, INSCOM, Ft. Meade, Md.
Reports Officer/Strategic Debriefer March 1992 to April 1994
103d Military Intelligence Battalion, Wuerzburg, Germany
Interrogator January 1989 to February 1992
Defense Language Institute, Monterey, Ca.
Student February 1988 to December 1988
Civilian Education :
Master�s degree in Public Administration In Progress
Master�s Certificate, Strategic Organizational Leadership Aug, 2009
Monterey Peninsula College Monterey, CA
Associate of Arts Degree, Persian-Farsi 1998
Regents College Albany, NY
Bachelor of Arts Degree, Liberal Arts 1995
Regents College Albany, NY
Associate of Arts Degree, Liberal Arts 1994
Military Education :
Strategic Debriefer Course, Fort Huachuca, AZ
Counterintelligence Force Protection Source Operations Course, Fort Huachuca, AZ Reed Interview and Interrogation Course, Chicago, IL
Surveillance Detection Course, DIA, Miami, FL
HUMINT Collection Operations Course, DIA, Washington, D.C.
Military Operations Familiarization Course, DIA, Washington, D.C.
Advanced Network Analysis and Targeting Course, Bagram, Afghanistan
Lean Six Sigma trained * certification pending
Foreign Disclosure Representative (FDR) with DDAL # TF-Paladin 10-005, on 22 Jan 2010
Analyst Notebook, Palantir, Axis Pro, Pathfinder, Geobrowser, WEBTAS, CIDNE, ORA, BATS, Query Tree, M3, DCGS-A, Coliseum, Gemini, WISE, Intelink, Falcon View, ArcGIS, Remote View, Google Earth, WIRE, JDIMS, DIMS and Microsoft Office Suite
Legion of Merit, JIEDDO Headquarters, 2007
Bronze Star, Afghanistan, 2003
Persian-Farsi Defense Language Proficiency Test 2/2, Sep 2000
German Defense Language Proficiency Test 2/2, Sep 2000
Similar ResumesIntelligence Officer
Sierra Vista, AZ - physical security, infantryman, humint, combat,...Computer Forensics Guru
United States - forensic, engineer, army, fda, vitae,...Intelligence Analyst
St Louis, MO - sigint, humint, nco, platoon, polygraph, us army,...Declassification Analyst
Upper Marlboro, MD - dod, content, analyst, information management,...Help Desk Computer Repair and Support Technician
Hialeah, FL - technology manager, android, support technician,...Collections Manager
Mountain View, CA - avery, django, dojo, html5, css3, 12345, rails,...Senior Support Technician/HelpDesk Analyst
Myrtle Beach, SC - application support, steward, helpdesk, cabling,...Engineer Manager Project Engineering Construction
Irvine, CA - electrical mechanical, dear, pashto, dari, farsi,...Project Medical Experience Services Tester Professional
Springfield, VA - pashto, polygraph, dari, farsi, mep, iran, sci,...