David W. Phillips
To become an effective part of your company as an Operations Manager.
I have many years of management experience that has been enhanced by extensive training and a solid education. My experience started as a die cast operator and then moved up the corporate ladder to the position of area manager. Since retirement in 2005 I have worked as a part time consultant for Chrysler.
SUMMARY OF QUALIFICATIONS
Attended many classes and seminars beyond my educational background that include NADCA Dale Carnegie Phoenix and QS9000.
August 1971 - August 2005
Chrysler Corporation Kokomo Casting Plant
1. September 2005 - March 2009 Worked as a consultant for Chrysler. Work included cycle time and quality improvements training new Supervisors and Area Managers and vacation replacement.
2. September 1987 - August 2005 Third shift area manager responsible for safety quality costs delivery and morale. Areas of responsibility included production quality tool room and maintenance. Machine sizes ranged from 400 to 4000 tons (Prince B&T Castmaster and IDRA). Many of the machines were part of a cell concept that includes Fanuc ABB or Rimrock robots trim operation and cooling stations. Parts produced on these machines include valve bodies transfer plates clutch housings pistons extensions starter housings alternator end-shields oil and water pump housings cam caps steering gear housings transmission cases (front and rear wheel drive) engine blocks. As Area manager I was responsible for 11 supervisors 3 engineers and 300 hourly employees).
3. June 1987 - August 1993 Tool room area manager responsible for overseeing 6 supervisors and 120 tool makers across a 3 shift operation. Responsible for tool and die repair and preventive maintenance in regards to meeting uptime requirements.
4. March 1982 - June 1987 Die Cast production supervisor responsible for meeting safety production and quality of employees.
5. August 1971 - March 1982 Die cast operator and troubleshooter responsible for running quality parts productivity preventive maintenance and housekeeping.
Graduated from Kokomo High School
Graduated from Indiana Vocational Technical College
Welding Certificate (1 year course)
Nominated to Who s Who in American Junior Colleges
General Studies Associate Degree from Indiana University
Dean s list
Bachelor of Science in Business Management
Indiana Wesleyan University
Dean s list Cum Laude
India - die, pune, 16949, engg, cast, die cast, ts,...
Germany, Weiden, BY - die, sep, grad, 2015, des, guard, visa, indesign,...
Manager Tool & Die
Canton, OH - die, crane, crane operator, die maker, tooling,...
Customer Service Engineering
Canada, Whitby, ON - die, die maker, tool, maker, parts, bookkeeping,...
India, Palampur, HP - die, cutting, a.m., clean, jyoti, himachal, please,...
Engineering Die Maker
Chickamauga, GA - die, die maker, cast, tool, maker, welding, dies,...
High School Service
United States - die, journeyman, tool, apprentice, die maker,...