Bhola972- ***- ****
• Senior Business Analyst with 7 years of experience in business process analysis/modeling, business requirements gathering, database design and development of Web Based, and Client/Server applications.
• Experience as Business Analyst with expertise in Finance, Insurance, processes, Business Process Engineering, Systems/ Solutions Engineering, Strategic Planning, and Systems Analysis.
• Proficient in business process modeling, documentation, and testing using Rational Suite (Rational Rose, RequisitePro, SoDA, ClearQuest, Robot) as well as MS Visio and MS Project in combination with UML 2.0 diagramming techniques.
• In-depth knowledge of creating use case, activity, logical, component and deployment views with rational tools to extract business process flows and workflows thereby helping development and quality assurance teams in understanding the requirements.
• Results-oriented Joint Application Development (JAD) Facilitator and meetings coordinator with excellent interpersonal skills.
• Managed content using Docushare 5 and DocushareCPX and integrated it with other products like Liberty, Xerox Advanced Multifunction Devices.
• Assisted in SOX and Six Sigma Procedures.
• Analytical, methodical, and resourceful approach to problem solving, identifying and documenting root causes and corrective actions.
• Performed Gap Analysis to check the compatibility of the existing system infrastructure with the new business requirements.
• Expertise in broad range of technologies, including business process tools such as Microsoft Project, Primavera, MS Access, MS Visio, technical assessment tools, Data Warehousing concepts and web design and development.
• Strong oral and exceptional written business communication skills.
• Hard working, positive thinking, self starter with a strong goal orientation.
• Excellent meetings facilitator with excellent inter-personal and conflict resolving skills.
• Proven success as a business analyst through the years, providing a well-balanced understanding of business relationships, business requirements, and technical solutions.
Masters in English Literature, Tribhuvan University, Kathmandu, Nepal.
Travelers Insurance company, Dallas, TX Sep’ 10 – Till Date
Role: Sr. Business Analyst
Description: Travelers offer a wide variety of property and casualty insurance and surety products and services to businesses, organizations and individuals. Products include automobile, homeowners, umbrella, condominium, tenant, flood, identity theft, boat and yacht.
• Developed Scope model as a basis for defining and delimiting the scope of business analysis and project work.
• Incorporated RUP methodologies in all phases of the project lifecycle, from inception through roll-out.
• Gathered business requirements through interviews, surveys, prototyping and observations of account managers.
• Provided strategic and tactical inputs and coordinated with business functions and technical project teams.
• Linked business processes to organizational objectives, perform critical path analysis, and identify opportunities for business process improvement.
• Conducted JAD sessions with Management, SMEs (Subject Matter Expertise), Vendors, Users and other Stakeholders for open and pending issues to develop specifications
• Analyzed and prioritized user and business requirements, as system requirements, that were included while developing the software.
• Translated business requirements to Charters, Service Agreements (SLA’s) and Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s).
• Prepared High Level Logical Data Models and Business Requirement Documents (BRD) supporting documents containing essential business elements, detailed definitions, & descriptions of the relationships, to analyze and document business data requirements.
• Developed Requirements Tractability Matrix (RTM) for functional coverage.
• Created UML Diagrams like Sequence Diagrams, Activity Diagrams and Process Flow Diagrams to elaborate the new processes.
• Used MS Visio to create Use Cases, Activity Diagrams, Collaboration diagrams
• Updated the project plan regularly & provided the status of the project to all involved groups.
• Coordinated daily activities with the IT Developers, QA and Product teams along with the project management group.
• Created UI mockups and presented it to the project team for review.
• Assigned and tracked problems to the appropriate software development team for fixes.
• Wrote Test Cases and Test plans and developed strategies with Quality Assurance group to implement them.
• Interacting with the developers on resolving the reported bugs and various technical issues.
Environment: Agile Scrum, Rally, MS Visio, SQL Server 2008, MS Office Suite, HP Quality Center, N-unit Automation tool.
Fidelity Investments, Cary, NC Jan’ 09 – Aug’ 10
Role: Business Systems Analyst
Description: The FIDC/401K system was targeted towards Fidelity’s Retirement and Pension solutions to its clients. It provides features such as calculation of eligibility, different eligibility requirements by source, automatic determination of employee’s status based on census data ,automatic determination of Key and/or Highly Compensated Employees ,Vesting calculation options by source of money, calculations of contributions, discretionary and formula contribution allocations for multiple sources, including safe harbor, cross-testing/new comparability, points, age-based, integrated and tiered matching and many, many more features that help Fidelity meet the unique needs of your clients
• Managed the output requirement project for various Life insurance products.
• Played key role in System Development Life Cycle Process consisting of: Design and Gap Analysis, Business Requirements, Systems Requirements, Test
Criteria, and Implementation to have the outputs of project dealt with the automation of correspondence directed to Insurance policy owners.
• Correspondence included solicitation letters, financial transaction confirmations, and quarterly and annual policy statements.
• Coordinated participation and sign-off of various business partners and customers.
• Created business requirement documents and integrated the requirements and underlying platform functionality.
• Interfaced between Business new product builders and System platform builders.
• Worked with systems area to translate business needs into system requirements.
• Made sure the test cases and test process guarantee accountability to business and systems requirements.
• Involved in the testing phase right from the Unit testing to the User Acceptance testing.
• Used SDLC (System Development Life Cycle) methodologies like the RUP and the waterfall.
• Use Cases and other Process Flow Models were designed using Visio and Rational Rose.
• Involved in jobs and analyzing scope of application, defining relationship within & between groups of data, Star Schema etc
• Tuned the batch programs and online transactions to alleviate performance problems.
• Developed & executed several Optimized queries in SQL on this data.
RUP, UAT, GAD (Gap Analysis Document), MS Visio, Windows
AmSouth Bank, Orlando, FL Sep’ 07 – Dec’ 08
Role: Business Analyst
AmSouth Bancorporation (AmSouth) is a regional bank holding company which offers a broad range of bank and bank-related services through its subsidiaries, AmSouth's principal subsidiary is AmSouth Bank (the Bank), a leader among regional banks in the Southeast, it’s other subsidiaries include AmSouth Leasing Corporation, a specialized lender providing equipment leasing, AmSouth Investment Services, Inc., a registered broker-dealer that provides securities brokerage services, and AmSouth Capital Corporation, which originates asset-based and secured cash-flow loans.
• Involved in Inception Phase and prepared vision statement and initial data models that contain Business Requirement Documents and supporting documents that contains the essential business elements and detailed definitions.
• Working with clients to better understand their needs and present solutions using structured SDLC approach.
• Gathered user and business requirements through open-ended discussions, brainstorming sessions and role-playing.
• Documented the user requirements Analyzed and prioritized them and converted them as system requirements that must be included while developing the software.
• Analyzed data and created class diagrams and ER diagrams for designing databases.
• Suggested web security using encryption and authentication technologies for reporting and complaint filing procedures.
• Planned and defined Use Cases created Use Case diagrams, Scenarios and Use Case Narratives using the UML methodologies.
• Query optimization using SQL Profiler and performance monitors to enhance the performance of database servers.
• Converted various SQL statements into stored procedures thereby reducing the Number of database accesses (since Stored Procedures passes the whole block at one time.)
• Created Activity Diagrams, Sequence Diagrams and ER Diagrams.
• Created Mock-up forms in MS word for better visualization and understanding of the software solution.
• Tracked change requests and monitored workload and schedule.
• Facilitated JAD sessions with management, development team, users and other stakeholders to refine functional requirements.
• Scheduled meetings with developers, System Analysts and testers to collaborate resource allocation and project completion.
• Created and managed project templates, use case templates, requirement types and tractability matrix in Requisite Pro.
• Managed workload, schedules and coordinated status review meetings with project managers, business managers and team members.
• Authored progress and completion reports which were then submitted to project management on a weekly basis in MS project.
• Identified various frequently used modules with in the application as well as the peak user volume for load testing purposes.
• Analyzed the test results from QA teams using Performance Studio Analysis to create various scenarios.
• Developed strategies with Quality Assurance group to implement Test Cases in Test manager for User Acceptance Testing.
• Collaborated with Quality Assurance Analyst in Automated and Manual Black box testing.
• Helped in creating end user manuals and procedure manuals.
Java, J2EE technology, Windows Advanced Server, Liberty,UNIX / Oracle Platform, MS Visio, RUP, Rational Rose, Rational Clear Quest, Rational ClearCase, Rational requisite pro, rational test manager, Rational Robot.
Champion Mortgage, Parsippany, NJ Sep’ 06 – Aug’ 07
Role: Business Analyst
Automation of Mortgage based loan system
This project was aimed at automating the entire mortgage system with the intention of closing more loans in less time. The final accepted system helps the lenders in automating the origination, processing and closing functions of the mortgage system, thereby increasing the operational efficiency of the system. The system was designed using Java in the front end and Oracle at the back end.
• Served as a liaison between mortgage specialists and the project team.
• Responsible for gathering user requirements and specifications for designing a mortgage based loan system using and documenting the same.
• Extensively involved in maintaining requirements traceability and communicating any changes to these requirements to different business groups and programmers.
• Led and conducted JAD sessions for requirements gathering, analysis and design of the system.
• Created context and workflow models, information and business rule models, Use Case and Object Models during the analysis using Rational tools.
• Designed the system, prepared UML and sequence diagrams using Rational Rose.
• Responsible for writing detailed descriptions of user needs, program functions, and steps required for developing or modifying software programs using Rational Rose (UML).
• Prepared Functional Specification Documentation (FSD) and communicated these to the stakeholders.
• Actively interacted with different business groups to perform Gap analysis to identify the deficiencies in the system by comparing the actual objectives with the system objectives desired.
• Conducted Business Requirements, Functional and Technical meetings with Business groups.
• Used MS Visio for Process modelling and Business Process flow diagrams.
• Extensively involved in regression testing during various phases of the application.
• Used Aggregator stages to sum the key performance indicators used in decision support systems.
• Troubleshot the designed jobs using the DataStage Debugger.
• Tuned DataStage transformations and jobs to enhance their performance.
• Wrote PL/SQL statement and stored procedures in Oracle for extracting as well as writing data.
Rational Rose, Rational Req Pro, RUP, WinRunner, LoadRunner, MSOffice2003.
Providian Financials, San Francisco, CA Jan’05 – Aug’06
Role: Business Analyst
Providian Financials, one of the largest bankcard providers in the nation, offers broad range of lending, deposit and membership based products. Providian offers online services such as 24-hour online account access to credit card accounts, instant online account opening for deposit accounts, instant decision credit cards for Aria visa card, Providian (Visa and Master) credit cards and loan comparisons through GetSmart.com
Project OLA (On line Access): 24-hour online access to Aria and Providian credit cards, where customers can login and view the account information (Current and Previous Account history) and can make online payments and change their Contact information (Such as Contact Address, Phone Number and Email Address if available), and can contact customer service representatives for questions.
• Assisted the senior business analyst in defining the scope, and defining business rules of the project. Also assisted in gathering business requirements, doing gap analysis and documents them textually or within models.
• Responsible for writing Functional Requirement Specifications (FRS) and User Requirement Specification (URS).
• Understand and articulate business requirements from user interviews, and workshops and then convert requirements into technical specifications.
• Developed prototype of new information processing application.
• Involved in maintaining and managing different versions of Documents using Rational ClearCase.
Windows, Java, JSP, SQL, Oracle, Rational Rose, Rational Requisite Pro, UML, RoboHelp and Proprietary protocols