JOHN E. GASPARI II*** **** ******* ***** ****
: (815) ***-****
Chicago, Illinois 60613 firstname.lastname@example.org
An accomplished results-oriented professional with over 18 years’ experience in global quality systems, program / project management and supply chain. A proven record for successfully managing a domestic and international supplier base (specializing in Asia, Europe) while visiting over 450 suppliers across the globe. An exceptional collaborator able to bridge internal, customer and supplier interests. Experienced in managing the consolidation of a commodity base while ensuring supplier quality and customer satisfaction was maintained. A team leader with the ability to negotiate, motivate, guide and encourage others to meet and surpass objectives while working together in a team. I am currently working on my Masters in Management.
WMS Gaming, Waukegan, Illinois September 2010 -
Through imagination, talent and technology, we create and provide the world's most compelling gaming experience
Sept 2010 – Global Senior Supplier Development / Quality Engineer
• To regularly visit Global Suppliers to assess/ audit their processes, capabilities, and systems to report back whether required standards can reasonably be met or maintained by my observations.
• Ensures Supplier’s overall system continually improves meeting customer requirements.
• Reduce quality non-conformances (NCR) and cost of poor quality, through the use of quality tools (SPC, Lean, Six Sigma, KPI) and validate improvements through defined measurables.
• Assist performing failure and root cause analysis for nonconforming components and products.
• Utilize problem-solving techniques to minimize process variation.
• Drive supplier development projects to enhance supply chain capability in both processes and systemic quality improvements.
• Evaluate potential new Suppliers and support Strategic Procurement and Sourcing in selection of new Suppliers.
Chrysler LLC, Auburn Hills, Michigan / Belvidere, Illinois June 2010 – Sept 2010
Automotive Manufacturer World Headquarters.
2010 – 2010 Advanced Supplier Quality Specialist
• Customer advocate for CN’s while driving communication with engineering and suppliers.
• Conduct supplier audits while prepping for new launches and releases.
• Engage CN collaboration process ensuring S2/PDR/V1 PPAP timing integrity maintained.
• Liaison between Belvidere /Auburn Hills with all program issues and timing violations.
• Coordinated the 3 launches of the Chrysler Caliber, Patriot and Compass for the new 2011 release for all interior components and all chemical components within the vehicles.
• Managed all dimensional and appearance reviews for all components and assemblies.
ROBERT BOSCH LLC, Broadview, Illinois 2004 – April 2009
Automotive aftermarket products and components division
2007 - 2009 Senior Program / Project Manager
• Attended over 47 customer / sister location visits, pre launch meeting and negotiations.
• Coordinated cross functional and cross divisional activities in order to ensure distribution of information, launch readiness and adherence to deadlines and on time launch.
• Coordinated 42 product launches working with major OE customers, field reps, and logistics for on time delivery, cancellation of obsolete parts (283 part numbers cancelled).
• Managed, tracked and reported on product/vehicle launches, total cost of ownership of inventory, tracked over 1,600 engineering changes and 14 plant transfers (over 240 transfer part numbers) by working with customers (internal and external), internal sales, planning, purchasing all materials, customer service for overall fulfillment of orders.
• Executed key and secondary processes including OES Product Launch, OES Engineering Change, OES Plant Transfer and OES Cancellation and CAR, eNPE (established over 462 new parts), Packaging, and Escalation Policy while keeping inventory as lean as possible.
• Served as the primary liaison to the OE Program Management and Engineering functions for assigned business units as well as the primary contact for OES Corrective and Preventative Actions. Closed over 90 customer CARs within two years in the OES group.
• Coordinated corrective & preventative actions (CAR response time went from 0% on time to 90% on time response) to minimize Bosch exposure and risk for OES Customers.
• Negotiated a 3% cost reduction from sister facilities.
2004 - 2007 Global Senior Supplier Quality / Development Engineer
• Responsible for working with the Manager of Q&E, supply chain, quality, and product management functions to select, develop and improve global sourcing / supplier quality, overall supplier performance and customer satisfaction.
• Ensure Supplier Quality activities met all customers, internal, and registration requirements while streaming lining our process and running lean.
• Planned and led the Supplier Quality program, ensuring all outsourced manufacturing, ordering and fulfillment met Bosch specifications and service requirements.
• Worked with over 92 third party suppliers to reduce nonconformances & associated costs, conducted audits and managed CAR process.
• Reduced supplier quality issues by 23% in the remanufacturing program (6 suppliers).
• Bring 10% of our supply base onboard with traceability on remanufactured product lines.
• Traveled internationally for new supplier selection, develop systems and delivered Quality System training including assisting, including supporting all US and Mexico locations.
• Supported supplier rating system, on time delivery and management review activities.
• Setup all aspects of training program in Atlanta for 25 suppliers for CAR, root cause & 5S.
• Monitored assigned operations to assure compliance with approved methods and quality standards, including the global resourcing of the water pump program to China.
• Increased overall first pass acceptance from 33.6% to 54.3% with supplier training.
TOWER AUTOMOTIVE, Chicago, Illinois
2003 – 2004 Quality Supervisor/Supplier Quality
• Responsible for setting up the quality system and creating procedures to ensure that quality and total customer satisfaction was achieved.
• Managed 30 quality technicians and quality engineers.
• Issued over 128 supplier corrective action requests and dealt with all quality concerns.
• Set up supplier quality program and receiving inspection documentation for 2000 parts.
• Lead the MRB (Material Review Board) over 1400 entries were logged in the MRB area.
• Approved 76 supplier PPAPs, issued quality reports and discrepant information.
• Conducted 12 procedure applicable internal quality audits and reported findings.
• Led continuous improvement team within the quality organization including 5S and lean.
• Served as the liaison for customer and third party inspection firm of 50 employees.
BOMBARDIER, Sturtevant, Wisconsin 2000 – 2003
2001 - 2003 Buyer
• Responsible for buying production parts in accordance with departmental objectives, engineering, quality and production requirements with approved commodity strategies incorporating new year model planning and scheduling.
• Negotiated LTA with all key suppliers while implementing net 90 for 60% of suppliers.
• Purchased over $18,000,000 per year in commodities, for 10 production facilities.
• Prepared, negotiated and managed RFQ, LTA, T’s and C’s.
• Ensured proper supplier involvement during product development for optimized part design while serving as the primary liaison between customers and suppliers on each project.
• Headed consolidation project outsourcing 100 vendors to 1 distribution organization, streamlining ordering process, cutting carrying costs and reducing supplier base maintenance cost from $150,000 annual to $50,000.
• Achieved a 5% cost reduction with my 31 major suppliers.
• Cut tooling maintenance cost by 50% for service tooling for injection molding business.
2000 - 2001 Global Supplier Quality Engineer
• Responsible for 72 manufacturing vendors to ensure materials met all production standards, assisting in improving quality management systems and purchasing processes.
• Collected samples of defective products/materials to qualify the impact to manufacturing.
• Initiated corrective actions and performed follow up.
• Determined level and approved over 208 PPAP parts, paperwork and packaging.
• Conducted 130 supplier visits (over 100 supplier audits) following six sigma process and BMCA requirements.
• Sorted suspect materials to ensure continual production (over 500 rejections).
ITW IMPRO, Mokena, Illinois 1995 – 2000
1999 - 2000 Quality Engineer
• Responsible for developing, initiating and managing quality procedures.
• Oversaw and verified shift production operators and Quality Coordinators.
• Trained quality staff in Singapore and Malaysia in QS9000 requirements.
1995 - 1999 Supplier Quality Engineer
• Responsible for day-to-day production quality, all purchasing, inventory and assisting customers with quality issues.
2009 – Volunteer Lakeview Pantry – Chicago, Illinois
• On site food distribution / Replenishment of products, including all distribution o
• Unload weekly deliveries and local chain food stores, categorizing of onsite donations, process, package, and deliver to the elderly, disabled and homebound.
Governors State University, University Park, Illinois
Bachelor of Business Administration in Marketing, 2000
North Park University, Chicago, Illinois
Masters in Management, 2012. (Currently attending Masters Courses).
Certificate Organizational Development 2011, Certificate in Conflict Management 2011, Certificate in Leadership 2010, Project Management Certificate 2008, Statistical Process Control, Inspection Management, Plexus Internal Quality Auditor Training, Team Problem Solving. Six Sigma green belt, TS 16949, ISO 14001, ISO 9001 Rand E. Winters– Auditing the automotive core tools, Plexus -Internal Quality Auditor, SAI Global- Lead auditor course ISO 9001:2000 / TS 14969:2002, Excel Partnerships- Integrated Quality & Environmental Management Systems Auditing, ASQ- Customer/ supplier Audit, Powerway – Audit Manager / CAR Auditing, ASQ – Quality Audits for imp