|JOSE M. ARANA
**** ********* ***** • Round Rock, TX 78681 • Home: (512) ***-**** • email@example.com
Director of Operations with 20 years of experience in production, ranging from consumer products and medical devices to information technology infrastructure manufacturing. Particular strength in plant start-ups and the development of self-directed work teams. Results oriented individual who utilizes leadership, teamwork, planning and motivational skills to accomplish safety, quality and productivity objectives.
Strategic Planning Production Scheduling Capacity Analysis
P & L Analysis Lean Manufacturing Customer Oriented
Budget Preparation Staff Development English / Spanish
Chatsworth Products, Inc., Georgetown, TX 1998 – 2011
Director of Operations (Feb 2011 – Oct 2011)
Directed all the plant operational activities in the Georgetown facility including production planning, supply chain, manufacturing, maintenance, tool-making and manufacturing engineering. Developed the plant operations plan to ensure that safety, quality, performance to promise, lead time and total delivered cost expectations were met. Collaborated with efforts associated with launch of new ERP system.
• Improved the On-Time Delivery from 93% to 99% by reducing the number of material shortages.
• Increased inventory turns by 25% by decreasing amount of raw materials and outsourced parts.
• Coordinated the implementation of lean manufacturing practices.
• Reduced the amount of recordable injuries from 16 in 2010 down to two in 2011.
Director of Manufacturing (2004 – 2011)
Oversaw the manufacturing operations at the Chatsworth, New Bern and Georgetown facilities. Prepared annual manufacturing plan and the production department’s budget for all three facilities. Coordinated the realignment of products among the operating units to ensure lead times and total delivered cost expectations were met; and that machinery and space resources were being efficiently utilized. Ensured safety programs and quality procedures were implemented and maintained across the company.
• Improved sheet metal utilization, resulting in annual cost savings of $1.8M.
• Reduced the amount of quality defects (DPMO) by more than 20% for two years in a row.
• Recommended the purchasing of new fabricator to increase production capacity and reduce dependence on outsource vendors. Cost reductions of over $500K per year were attained.
• Led Production Department in activities associated with new product launches.
Production Manager (2001 – 2004)
Directed the manufacturing operations of the Chatsworth and Redding facilities. Prepared production budget and monitored monthly expenses to ensure they were in alignment with Annual Operating Plan. Prepared production schedules in conjunction with team leaders, and determined if there were any equipment, material or manpower deficiencies that could put at risk the timely completion of orders. Performed line balancing of manufacturing operations to optimize personnel and equipment utilization.
• Reduced amount of late orders per day from $40,000 to less than $2,000.
• Achieved 100% On-Time Delivery for a whole year.
• Decreased the amount of WIP in the sheet metal and extrusion areas from one week to two days.
• Reduced the amount of machine downtime by keeping inventory of long lead-time spare parts.
Production Supervisor – 2nd Shift (1998 – 2001)
Supervised over 60 employees involved in the cutting, fabrication, welding, powder coating and assembling of information technology infrastructure. Ensured equipment and tools were used safely and were maintained in good operating conditions. Provided support during year-end physical inventory by coordinating the activities associated with the identification and counting of parts.
• Increased team’s capability to better handle spikes in demand by cross-training employees.
• Assisted in the design and implementation of in-process inspection procedures.
• Shipped orders in less than five days by setting up finished good kanbans.
Patriot Manufacturing, Inc., Hammonton, NJ 1997 – 1998
Hired and trained production personnel required for the start-up of the glass unit manufacturing operations on 3rd shift. Coordinated the efforts of 15+ employees working in the intercept, extruder, notcher, glass cutting, washer and oven operations. Led the custom window product line, which included employees working in cutting, machining, welding, glazing and final assembling operations.
• Helped implement lean manufacturing techniques in the custom window product line.
• Reduced extruder line downtime by scheduling butyl drum replacement during employee breaks.
Vanity Fair, Inc., Jalisco, Mexico 1995 – 1996
Under the direction of plant manager, led the start-up of a sewing plant in Lagos de Moreno, Mexico. Performed line balancing, and prepared weekly production schedules for nine production lines. Worked closely with head mechanic to ensure machines needed for new products were set up in a timely manner.
• Led one of the production teams to best quality record in the plant for 6 straight weeks.
• Conducted JIT and line balancing trainings for production employees.
Colgate Palmolive, Inc., Juncos, Puerto Rico 1993 – 1995
Member of the core team that led the start-up of a three-shift toothbrush manufacturing facility. Trained new hires on all the production operations and quality tests associated with them. Supervised a group of 20+ team members working in the injection molding, tufting, labeling, blistering and packaging operations. Assured toothbrush manufacturing operations complied with GMP regulations.
• Designed and implemented the material handling system for entire operation.
• Wrote SOP’s for all the manufacturing activities as required by ISO 9000 standard.
Wesley Jessen, Inc., Cidra, Puerto Rico 1992 - 1993
Area Production Supervisor
Led production team in the manufacturing of contact lenses. Ensured compliance with GMP's, ISO 9000, and FDA regulations. Identified root causes of lens rejection, and shared information with upstream manufacturing operations. As a result, the clean-inspection operation yield increased from 96% to 98% and annual savings of $100K were attained.
Texas State, San Marcos – First year MBA program
University of Puerto Rico, Mayagüez, Puerto Rico – Bachelor in Science in Industrial Engineering
Familiar with MAS90, PowerCerv and Epicor ERP software
Similar ResumesManufacturing Engineer Design Project Sales Development
San Diego, CA
- machine design, 510k, product development engineer,...Project Manager
- kandahar, geotechnical, thomasville, radiologic,...Manufacturing Quality Assurance Manager Engineering
- process controls, supplier development,...Executive Director/Operations Manager
India, Iloilo City, WB
- com ph, demonstrator, ipm, dap, miriam, pesticide,...Engineer Mechanical Maintenance Preventive Manager
- prc, loc, email address, batangas, tesda, pacu,...Babysitter
Beverly Hills, FL
- babysitting, babysitter, pt, jean, cook, girl,...Project Manager Engineer Systems Software Java
Huntington Beach, CA
- fort worth texas, worth texas, hibernate, j2se,...Arabic Translator & Interpreter
Farmington Hills, MI
- advisers, interpreter, translator, kbr,...Entertainment transactional attorney
Beverly Hills, CA
- groovy, practitioner, jacobs, trademark, dublin,...System Developer, applications; Data analyst
- visual basic, solo, multithreaded, exposure, etl,...