|SUMMARY OF EXPERIENCE
- Over ** years of software engineering experience involving full life cycle development of mission critical, production software in progressively increasing levels of responsibility.
- 14 years experience architecting and implementing solutions in Java, including over 8 years with J2EE and Oracle.
- Experience leading in-house and offsite development teams performing new development, enhancements and post-release support.
- Experience with System Development Lifecycle methodologies including Waterfall and Agile.
- Experience managing direct reports and performing employee selection, mentoring and performance assessments.
- PMI Certified Project Management Professional.
- ITIL Foundation V3 Certified.
Jan’06 to Present: Principal Software Engineer/Manager II, Raytheon Company, Rosslyn, VA.
Full life cycle development of Identity Management Software (J2EE, Web Services, SOA, Oracle) for the Automated Biometric Identification System (IDENT) owned by the Department of Homeland Security.
- Development Resource Manager for Raytheon on the Department of Homeland Security’s US-VISIT Program for IDENT modernization. Managed and mentored direct reports, supported career development, coordinated work assignments and conducted performance reviews.
- IDENT Exchange Message (IXM) Lead for the Rapid Response Release to facilitate criminal history searches against DOJ-FBI’s Integrated Automated Fingerprint Identification System (IAFIS) from the US ports of entry. Responsible for the design, implementation, and integration of new SOA services as well as enhancements to existing services.
- Lead Developer for the translation of US-VISIT’s GJXDM based XML schema to a NIEM conformant schema utilizing ANSI-NIST/ITL 1-2011 standard for biometric elements. Responsible for design, development and scrum backlog generation, as well as tasking and mentoring developers working on the effort.
- Development Lead and Subject Matter Expert for the Latent Upgrade Release to facilitate searches of 10P fingerprints from the Department of State against the US-VISIT’s Latent System. Performed design, task breakdown, task assignment and management of all day-to-day activities of the development team. Provided technical direction to team members and worked closely with QA, Test and other support groups to resolve blocking issues. Also coordinated with the off-site COTS team for integration, and prepared the deployment plan.
- IXM Lead for the design and implementation of enhancements to the IDENT system in support of Department of State’s (DoS) legacy architecture transformation to the IXM SOA architecture. Also functioned as the SME in Joint Application Design (JAD) Sessions with DoS to identify interface requirements.
- Architect and Lead Developer for the Wrapback Notification Framework for sending real time SOAP notifications to subscribed stakeholders when an event of interest occurred. Provided technical direction to team members working on this application.
Feb’04 – Jan’06: Lead Software Engineer, Manugistics Inc., Rockville, MD.
Design and development of business enterprise software for the supply chain management suite of applications using J2EE and Struts with Oracle backend.
- Architected the UDA (User Defined Attribute) Framework for the Promotional Planning and Markdown Optimization applications. This enabled clients to embed and configure custom capabilities into the applications. Provided technical direction to team members to extend and enhance the framework.
- Proposed and implemented various UI enhancements directed toward enriching user experience in the Demand Planning application used for statistical forecasting of product demand. Collaborated with various other departments like Product Support, Solutions Management, and UI Technologies to achieve results.
- Provided timely resolution of several critical client issues. Investigated into and diagnosed issues impacting application functionality and provided solutions for the same.
June’98 – Feb’04: Senior Staff Engineer, Motorola Inc., Libertyville, IL.
Full life cycle development of embedded software (Java, C, C++) on UNIX/Linux/Windows NT for GSM/3G wireless phones.
- Technical lead for the telephony (call control and supplementary services) interface subsystem of the dual processor GSM phone providing the JTAPI interface to telephony applications. Also responsible for the interprocessor communication mechanism. Provided technical direction to team members and supported internal customers for quick resolution of blocking issues.
- Technical lead for a team of 6 for the AT command based call control interface of a dual processor 3G phone. Initiated and led the discussions for requirements gathering. Defined the architecture and subsystem interface. Formulated the team's configuration management strategy and designed the test setup for integration testing with client applications. Provided technical direction to team members for design and code. Also supported day-to-day responsibilities including task breakdown, tracking and overall co-ordination.
- Functional technical lead for the User Interface framework (similar to Swing) of a Java based Multi-Application (MAP) cellular phone. Worked on the Application Manager and designed and implemented various widgets for the framework.
- Represented MAP UI framework during the weekly conference call with offsite development groups and external subcontractors. Functioned as the main technical point of contact for framework issues.
- Designed and developed applications for the MAP phone. Worked with design patterns and MVC (Model View-Controller) architecture.
Dec’97 - June’98: Member of Technical Staff, Whitebarn Web Works, Warrenville, IL.
Design and development of custom software solutions in Java, C, C++ and PERL for clients of 3Com. Performed full life-cycle development including requirements gathering, project estimation and preparation of project plans.
- Designed and implemented a finger style status tool to keep track of users logged into various NETServers served by a security and authentication server. Designed the web interface for input/output, developed the daemon process and generated CGI scripts.
- Designed and implemented Xlib/Motif based User Interface for the configuration of Frame Relay Gateway. This included several layers of screens and sub-screens with multi-level dialogs, scrolling lists, etc for setup, configuration, and monitoring.
June’96 – Dec’97: Research Assistant, Research Institute for Computing and Information Sciences (Affiliated to NASA), Clear Lake, TX.
Design and development of software for Web information retrieval and classification. Worked with C, Pro*C, Java, and SQL on Solaris and SunOS.
- Implemented a clustering algorithm for automatic classification of Web documents stored in an Oracle database. Also designed the web interface and developed CGI scripts.
- Implemented error handling and transformation routines ( to map user entries to SQL statements) for the Multimedia Oriented Repository Environment which is an information management tool for classifying Web based multimedia objects.
May’95 – Feb’96: Software Quality Engineer, Motorola India Electronic Pvt Ltd, Bangalore, India.
Metric data collection, analysis and tracking of software projects at SEI CMMI Level 5. Facilitated
peer reviews, performed root cause analysis, conducted post-mortems and provided recommendations to senior management for continuous improvements
1989 - 1995: Deputy Manager, CNC Systems Division, HMT Ltd., Bangalore, India.
Design and development and maintenance of diagnostic software for process control systems. Testing and integration of Computer Numerical Control (CNC) Systems.
- Designed and developed PLC Diagnostics, a comprehensive testing and diagnostic package with step by step debugging facility for the Programmable Logic Controller board of process control systems. Achieved a saving of $80,000 for the company through this effort.
- Designed, developed and maintained diagnostic software for the various cards (CPU, memory, I/O, keyboard interface etc) of the CNC System.
- Tested and Integrated CNC Systems.
- Mentored and directed engineers and interns.
- Formulated standards and procedures for ISO-9001 compliance.
Technologies: J2EE (EJB, JMS, JPA), JDBC, Struts, Servlets, NIEM
Application Servers: Oracle, Weblogic, Resin
SDLC Methodologies: Waterfall, Agile
Tools/IDE: Eclipse, IdeaJ, JUnit, Toad, Maven, Ant, ClearCase, CVS
Processes: SEI-CMM, IS0-9000
- M.S (Computer Science), University of Houston - Clear Lake, Texas. GPA - 4.0/4.0. Elected to the Honor Society of Phi Kappa Phi.
- Bachelor of Engineering (Electronics),, Bangalore Institute of Technology, Bangalore, India.
Similar ResumesCustomer Service Sales Software Management Business
- highly motivated, datawarehouse, performed,...Regional Facilities Manager-Chicago Retail - 13550
- comptroller, facilities manager, bidding, quantity,...Sr. .NET Developer/Software Architect
- biztalk, wpf, soa, xsd, dotnet developer, sabre,...java/j2ee developer
- web sphere, oracle 10g, web application, jsf,...Software Developer
- ram, php, developer, ui, csharp, vba, java, fi,...Developer Project Business Application Sales Service
- elt, operating system, sql queries, extension,...Sr.JAVA Tech Lead/Manager
- drools, passout, ilog, atg, tibco, hibernate, iti,...Customer Service Manager Medical New York Management
- murray, macro, mdx, encounter, billing manager,...SOA Administrator
- oracle ebusiness, quality center, webcenter,...Project Manager .Net Sql Server Developer Experience
- object oriented, sql server 2005, server 2005,...