Project Manager Construction Engineer Manufacturing
|Donald R. Bufford (*** B)
Construction Project Manager/Sr. Project Engineer
**** **** **** ***. *-306 Broomfield, Colorado 80020
Phone (303) ***-**** Cell (720)***-****
Profile and Special Skills:
• Comprehensive experience in construction project management, manufacturing, industrial and construction project engineering. My responsibilities included managing projects from design concept through all construction phases, equipment installation, validation, production start-up and project close-out.
• Responsible for reporting on the status of multiple projects to management and customers, maintain project budgets/schedules, resource planning, project problem resolution, supervising personnel and contractors.
• Expertise developing and justifying capital project design requirements, securing project permits and ensuring all government regulations are in compliance for major capital construction projects with critical equipment installation and start-up.
• Successfully developed and patented a new, innovative cost-savings program that introduces Lean Six Sigma Cost Saving Methodology (LSSCSM) into the construction industry. This new yet proven program identifies and eliminates waste in the construction process and generates cost savings of 5% to 10% off of the typical construction cost of the project.
*(“Twenty years after its inception, Six Sigma has saved an estimated $427 billion for Fortune 500 companies.”) I have implemented Six Sigma Methodology programs into the management and implementation of construction projects and generated major cost-savings*
• Exceptional skills in the areas of project management, project justification, project planning, managing project design, scheduling, documentation development, supply chain development and contractors.
• Effective reviewing project design and construction documents, preparing project bid packages and resolving construction design, material and logistical problems before starting the construction phase of the project.
• Managed the development of a new construction and equipment operation plan that generated over $27,000,000 savings over 10 years with a 4-year payback for a new facility design build and equipment installation and start up.
• Led production efficiency improvement programs and teams using Lean Six Sigma Methodology, improved vendor quality by 80% and increased production by over 400%. These improvements increased annual sales by over $9,600,000 in 6 months.
• Trained in international, federal, state, county and local permitting and regulatory requirements (i.e., ISO, FDA, UL, DOD, DOT, EPA, and OSHA).
• Set-up and managed training and health and safety programs.
• Knowledge of computers programs and accounting systems for construction project management, planning, scheduling, design, budgeting, and project implementation.
• Comprehensive experience and knowledge of manufacturing, production operations, inventory control, business management and design systems including, SAP, Excel, AutoCAD, Pro E, Solid Works, Windows, Power Point, MS Office, MS Project Manager, Primavera and others.
• Business and Engineering education/experience allows me to quickly learn technical operations.
M.S. Industrial Engineering 2009 Hill University, Humble, TX.
B.S. Engineering Technology with an emphasis in Industrial / Mechanical Engineering, Hill University 1999.
Business Administration – Management - Nebraska Western College, Scottsbluff, NE
Certification program completed for Machine Technology /Fabrication Operations Nebraska Western College
Certification program Lean Six Sigma Methodology Black Belt / BMGI University Longmont, Colorado
Donald Bufford Construction Project Manager and Sr. Project Engineer Resume page-2 (226-B)
Special Additional Education and Training:
Lean Six Sigma Methodology/Statistical Process Control/Total Quality Statistical Management
ISO 9001 – 2000 Certification Training/Cost-Savings Programs for the Construction Process
Construction Project Justification/Construction Project Development/Construction Project Management
Construction Project Estimating – Scheduling MS Projects and Primavera
Construction Site and equipment Safety Training/Hazmat Health and Safety Training
Product Design for Manufacturability/Design Transfer to Manufacturing/Pro Engineering/AutoCAD
Sr. Project Manager, D&B Engineer Services Inc. Broomfield, CO 10– 2002 to present
Provide contract engineering management services to companies in Colorado. As a Sr. Project Manager, I perform project management for major and minor construction projects, facility improvement, plant maintenance and new equipment installation/start-up projects. Project Manager for engineering design and built team that set-up new manufacturing facilities. Implement operations and efficiency improvements for a number of different types of manufacturing companies. Responsibilities include developing design, quality, and procurement documentation. Develop production documentation, including procedures, production standards, facility layout, production tooling and product manufacturing efficiency plans. Develop validation documentation required to ensure compliance to all CDOT, DOE, DOD, FDA, GMP, ISO and OSHA regulations.
Sr. Manufacturing Project Engineering Manager, Colorado Medtech, Inc., Boulder, CO 6-1996 to 8-2002
Managed engineering support for multiple products introduced into manufacturing which included new and existing electro-mechanical medical devices and high volume medical disposable products. Developed and maintained manufacturing documentation required to ensure compliance with regulatory standards and agency policies (i.e. FDA, ISO). Resolved production and quality problems, generated ECO’s and cost reduction measures in-house and with vendors. Member of the Design and Manufacturing team that developed specifications and cost for sales proposals to clients. Implemented project improvements for the 48kw (A MRI generator system) that generated $250K in cost savings the 1st year. Set-up new manufacturing process that increased monthly production over 400% and increased revenue by over $800K per month.
Operations Manager, Environmental Safety Clean /Advanced. Mfg. Enterprise, Denver, CO 8-1989 to 6-1996
The company performed contract-engineering, design and installation services for custom air control enclosures, clean rooms, decontamination labs and custom automation equipment. Led the company’s remediation, cleaning, and decontamination operations and marketed these services to the following industries: Manufacturing, Chemical, Bottling, Brewing, Petroleum Refining, Waste Treatment, Pharmaceutical, Food Processing, Nuclear, and Semi-Conductors. Primary responsibilities included: oversight of business operations, developing sales proposals and presentations, providing technical support ensuring compliance to design specifications and government regulations, managed employees/subcontractors, maintained project budgets and customer relations.
Sr. Manufacturing Engineer, Bard Electro Medical Systems Inc., Englewood, CO 7-1986 to 3-1990
Provided Manufacturing Engineering support for electronic surgery equipment, generators and disposable surgery products. Ensured manufacturing process and documentation complied to FDA, GMP, QSR, ISO and UL requirements. Responsible for the validation for equipment and manufacturing processes, efficient start-up assembly and testing systems for disposable and electro-mechanical assemblies. Prepared product documentation and tooling for outsourcing.
Similar ResumesPurchasing, Buyer, Procurement Specialist, Manager
- claudia, pulp, biotech, fluor, mining, sap,...Environmental Health and Safety Leader
Sugar Land, TX
- six sigma green, sigma green, ehs, hse, aed, dea,...qa/qc civil. site engr.,
- engr, qa qc, qc, qa, civil, just, email, site, us,...Quality Control Inspector
Green Valley, IL
- aspx, quality control inspector, control inspector,...SAP EHS Management Consultant
- sap mm, abap, ehs, sd, mm, eh, sap, template, epa,...Industrial or Manufacturing Engineering
- pma, 13485, hmi, scada, solidworks, humble, mri,...Real Estate Sales Business Maintenance New York
- grad, gis, salesperson, courthouse, paralegal,...Manager Engineer Construction Quality Assurance
- ssho, quality control manager, usace, plumber,...Sales Marketing Experience Administrative Years
Woodland Park, CO
- woodland, power point, kimberly, medical lab,...Shop Superintendent, Supervisor
- power plants, coca cola, assemble,...