Chrissanda Walker, NHA
SENIOR HEALTH CARE ADMINISTRATOR
Seeking a distinguished career in Health Care Administration and Planning with a background of over 24 years in the Health Care field, marked by numerous accomplishments. Experience in development and management of innovative geriatric programs designed to meet the needs of the elderly population.
A “visionary” with a talent for identifying needs, troubleshooting problem facilities, organizing diverse talent, developing and implementing strategic plans to achieve goals.
Expertise in: Administration and Program Planning… Agency Relations… Cultural Diversity… Government Relations… Financial Management; Public Relations; Staff Training and Development… Affirmative Action
Recognized for outstanding contributions to the field of Health Care by Beverly Enterprises “Award of Excellence”
ADMINISTRATOR, LONGTERM CARE
GREYSTONE HEALTHCARE , Lehigh Acres, Florida 06/07-03/09
Lehigh Acres Health and Rehabilitation
110 bed Skilled Nursing Facility/21 bed ALF
Transitioned the sale of Cross Key Manor to Greystone Healthcare Management. Directed and developed a team of professionals to promote quality healthcare in the Lehigh Acres Community. Responsibilities include but not limited to, financial management, marketing, public relations, community relations and staff development.
ADMINISTRATOR, LONG TERM CARE
SENIOR HEALTH MANAGEMENT, Sarasota, Florida 1/05- 06/07
169 bed Skilled Nursing Facility
Directed and developed a team of professionals to promote quality care in the Sarasota community.
Planned and implemented strategies to enhance regulatory compliance.
ADMINISTRATOR, LONG TERM CARE
UNIVERSAL HEALTH MANAGEMENT, Venice, Florida 6/03 – 5/04
178 bed skilled Nursing Facility
Directed and developed a team of professionals to promote quality healthcare in the Venice Community. Identified critical regulation deficiencies. Planned, implemented strategies and programs to enhance healthcare and accessibility. Scope of responsibilities was diverse, which includes financial management, marketing, public relations, community relations, and staff development.
ADMINISTRATOR, LONG TERM CARE 12/01 – 3/02
SEACREST HEALTHCARE, Fort Myers, Florida
Facility was purchased from Beverly Enterprises, Inc. (11/30/01)
120 bed skilled Nursing Facility
• Transitioned the Sale of Evans Healthcare to Seacrest Management, LLC.
ADMINISTRATOR, LONG TERM CARE 11/98 –12/01
BEVERLY ENTERPRISES, Inc., Fort Myers, Florida
BEVERLY HEALTHCARE EVANS
Assisted in the Planning and Development of a new skilled nursing facility. Devised and implemented strategies to improve the health and well being of individuals with special interest in the geriatric population. Assisted in developing Community Partnership. Promoted the use of Beverly’s services and programs through grassroots activities, faith-based initiatives, education programs and other means. Monitored the impact of Federal, State and Local initiatives on Beverly, and took immediate action on issues that could impact Beverly or its clients.
Administered a budget of over $5 million and directed a staff of 168.
• Focused attention on the need for population-based care and sensitivity to cultural diversity. Evaluated rehabilitation programs and demonstrated a need to build relationships with all populations, created and promoted programs geared toward their needs.
• Assisted in development of recognition programs to promote culture diversity in which all staff was given the opportunity to contribute to the business goals of the company.
• Developed a means of measuring and communicating the effectiveness of a diverse facility.
• Analyzed key work force indicators to identify opportunities for improvements
(i.e., employee satisfaction surveys, patient satisfaction surveys, turnover, etc.)
ADMINISTRATOR 3/90 – 11/98
LEE CONVALESCENT CENTER, Fort Myers, Florida
(Subsidiary of Beverly Enterprises, Inc.)
146 bed skilled Facility
Directed and developed a team of professionals to promote quality healthcare in the Fort Myers Community. Identified critical regulation deficiencies. Planned, implemented strategies and programs to enhance healthcare and accessibility. Scope of responsibilities was diverse and also includes marketing, public relations, community relations, financial management, and staff development.
• 60 Day Fast Track, lead from a conditional to a superior rating.
• Recipient of Beverley Enterprises, Inc. “Award of Excellence”.
• Conditional License – 1990
• Standard Ratings – 1990 and 1994
• Superior Ratings – 1991 – 1993 and 1995 – 1998
ASSISTANT ADMINISTRATOR 1989
NATIONAL HEALTHCARE of FORT LAUDERDALE, Fort Lauderdale, Florida
253 bed skilled facility
• Supervised four departments. Collected 1.5 million dollars in receivables.
ADMINISTRATOR 1987 - 1989
PALM GARDEN OF LARGO NURSING HOME
78 bed skilled Nursing facility
• Assisted in the Planning and Development of a new skilled Nursing facility.
• Devised and implemented strategies to improve the health and well being of the geriatric population.
• Profitable Rehab Department.
ADMINISTRATOR – IN – TRAINING 1986 - 1987
PARKWOOD HEALTHCARE CENTER, Chattanooga, TN
• Training program for potential Nursing Home Administrators.
• Assisted in the opening of a 32 Unit Retirement Center
ADMINISTRATOR – IN – TRAINING 1986
GOLDEN SPRING HEALTHCARE, Anniston, Alabama
Florida Healthcare Association
Delta Sigma Theta Sorority, Inc.
Member: Golden Apple Selection Committee, Lee County Foundation of Public Schools
Member: Medical Advisory Board, Lee County Public School System
Committee Member: Hi-Tech Central Vocational School
Core Leader: Mount Herman Church Women Ministry
Chairperson: Developed “HIV Awareness Program” in efforts to improve the health of minorities
Facilitator: Department of Human Services, Healthy Start. Program for at Risk Mothers and Infants
Vice Chairman Board of Directors, Mount Olive Community Service Board
Board of Directors, AGE LINK 1992-1993
Treasurer: Parent Teachers Organization, Mount Hermon Christian School 1998-1999
Committee Member: Family and Friends Fun Day (Annual Fund Raiser for Private School) 1998, 1999, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003
Troup Leader: Mount Hermon Girl Scout Troop #2056
Owner: Crissy’s Children Boutique
Delta Sigma Theta Sorority, Inc.
First Vice President 2002-2005
Second Vice President 2001-2002
Chairperson: Program and Planning Committee 2001-2003
Chairperson: Retreat 2001-2002
President: Board of Directors, Delta Life Development Center 1999-2001
Corresponding Secretary 1997-1999
Facilitator: Project Smart 1996-Present (Focus on the Elderly Prescription Program)
Vice President: Board of Director Delta Life Development Center 1996-1998
Sponsor: Capsule Program (Underprivileged Children at Risk) 1992-1996
Secondary Advisor : Tau Sigma Chapter of Delta Sigma Theta Sorority, Inc.
Florida Gulf Coast University 2004 to present
• Nursing Home Administrator
Florida and Tennessee
• Preceptor: Administrator in training program with Beverly Enterprises, Inc. and the State of Florida.
• Certified Covey Trainer for Beverly Enterprises, Inc.
• Nursing Home Administrator Florida and Tennessee
• 1982 – 1984 Tennessee State University, Nashville, Tennessee
Masters of Public Administration Received thirty-three (33) Credit hours towards a
• 1979 – 1982 Tennessee State University, Nashville, Tennessee
B.S. Degree, Healthcare Administration and Planning
• 1979 – 1982 Meharry Medical College, Nashville, Tennessee
Certification, Healthcare Administration and Planning
• 1977 – 1979 Edison Community College, Fort Myers, Florida
A.A. Degree, General Education
fort myers, FL - ariba, b2b, qa, tester, j2ee, qa tester,...
Clerical, office, accounts payable & receivables
Fort Myers, FL - collections, ft, direct, college, office, payable,...
Fort Myers, FL - claim, payment, mass, daily, batching, clerk,...
fort myers, FL - estimator, edge, drywall, italy, residential,...
Fort Myers, FL - construction, underground, superintendent, drywall,...
fort myers, FL - dump, truck driver, bulk, trailers, car, truck,...
FORT MYERS, FL - loan, servicing, portfolio, builders, loans,...