|Pratibha Amarchand Chhajer
Ph: (732) ***-****
** ******** **, ******, ** 08859
• Result-driven professional with MBA level education and passed all parts of the CPA and strong Economics, Accounting & Finance background.
• Extensive experience in preparing & finalizing Tax returns for S corps, C corps, REITs, LLC’s and Individuals.
• Excellent understanding on P &L and Financial statements, Budgeting & Forecasting.
• Strong skills in both Book and Tax accounting concepts and rules.
• Inclined towards building a strong team/work environment, and have the ability to acclimatize to new technologies and situation with ease.
• Creative thinker and analytical problem solver with demonstrated ability to manage projects from planning through completing in the fast paced time sensitive environment.
The SchonBraun McCan Group, FTI Company New York, NY
Tax Associate October ’07- February’09
A consulting firm dedicated in real estate and finance. My responsibilities included but not limited to
• Finalized and Prepared tax returns-Form 1120 for corporations and REIT’s and Form 1065 for LLC’S and partnerships including K-1’s, using Go system Tax
• Successfully prepared and reviewed quarterly REIT tests for various REIT’s.
• Interpreted financial data and prepared multi state and local tax returns for various partnerships, corporations and REIT’S including estimates and extensions
• Ensured the preparation of Fixed asset schedules for REIT’s to calculate tax depreciation based on asset acquisition an disposal
• Devised spreadsheets for calculation of allocation of profit/loss, income, deductions, depreciation to partners
• Coordinated in replying to tax notices and letters on behalf of clients.
• Performed tax research for identifying tax issues affecting clients using online resources
• Assisted in tax compliance audit for one of the largest owners of real estate.
• Demonstrated a string commitment to deadlines and worked long hours when needed
Neppalli Financial Services East Brunswick, NJ
Senior Accountant October’06 – September ‘07
A Certified Public Accountant firm undertaking accounting, tax and audit for various small and midsized corporations where my responsibilities include but not limited to
• Successfully finalized Financial Statements, P & L Accounts and Cash-Flow Statements on monthly and yearly basis in accordance to US GAAP.
• Prepared tax returns for the year 2005 and 2006 for various individuals- Form 1040, S Corp and C Corp- Form 1120 and multi state tax returns using Pro Series 2005
• Prepared of books of accounts for various consulting companies and pharmacies using Peachtree Accounting Software 2007 and QuickBooks 2006
• Reviewed and prepared monthly and quarterly sales tax returns for clients
• Ensured completeness of journal entries, bank reconciliations and year end closing entries
• Assisted in audits of pharmaceutical companies with an annual turnover of $30 million concentrating on accounts payable and accounts receivable audit
• Developed and analyzed financial reports to catch any unusual discrepancies or ratios which may lead to potential fraud or just information related to new event
• Communicated with clients and responded to any queries relating to accounting or tax matters
• Played a key role in preparing and implementing budgets.
Suraj Finance Public Company Chennai, India
Assistant Accounting Manager 2003 – 2004
An auto loan/mortgage business with annual revenue of $25Million which caters the niche market in automobile industry. As a Assistant Manager my responsibilities included but not limited to
• Prepared and finalized of Financial Statement and P & L Statements on quarterly and annual basis including finalizing month-end and year-end closing entries.
• Implemented accounting practice from a single-entry to double-entry system after training everyone on the new accounting software.
• Obtained approval for a loan of $1 Million from bank for expansion of business into new markets and offering new products.
• Performed Feasibility Analysis and Risk Analysis on clients to ascertain their exposure.
• Prepared spreadsheets to assist in routine tax calculations thereby reducing time and cost to complete work
• Maintained accounting records including ledgers, journals, registers, and individual accounts.
C.A Patel & Co – Chartered Accountants (Equivalent to CPA) Chennai, India
Tax and Audit Coordinator 1999- 2002
A corporate law, taxation and audit firm with diversified clientele and an outstanding average growth rate of 25% p.a. in past 8yrs providing an excellent professional service in a timely manner. As an Audit Coordinator my duties were following
• Performed Statutory audit, Tax audit and Internal audit of various Manufacturing, Trading and Service entities & Charitable organizations.
• Provided consultation on Tax planning for individuals and corporations;
• Assisted in company incorporation and filing of annual returns;
• Prepared annual financial budgets, cash flow statements for corporations.
Certified Public Accountant Colorado
Masters of Business Administration (Finance) Chennai, India
Bachelor of Arts in Commerce University of Madras, India
Chartered Accountants Institute of Chartered Accountants of India
Computer Proficiency: Expertise knowledge in MS Office (Excel, Word, PPT, Outlook, and Access), Go system Tax 2007, QuickBooks 2006, Peachtree 2007, CFS 2006, Pro series2006
Similar ResumesSenior Accountant, Tax Accountant
New York, NY - accountant, c.p.a., nyc, tax, non profit,...Finance Manager/Controller
Naperville, IL - india, bangalore, accountant, c.p.a., hyperion,...Human Resources Service Management Director Resource
Southbury, CT - stars, 200k, workers compensation, kenneth, purple,...Mechanical Engineer
Arlington, VA - mechanical engineer, engineer, solidworks, cnc,...Controller/Accounting Manager
Elizabeth, NJ - es, accountant, ar, india, hyderabad, c.p.a.,...Sales Customer Service Outside Experience Marketing
Cypress, TX - telesales, siding, roofing, registered, rep, citi,...CFO/Controller/Accounting Manager
Freehold, NJ - c.p.a., accountant, controller, dental, taxes, tax,...Accounting
Dallas, TX - dallas, texas, c.p.a., bookkeeper, tax, auditor,...Ophthalmic/ Optemetric Assistant
Houston, TX - massage, houston, ophthalmic, call center,...Mechanical engineer
United States - catia, drafter, v5, mysore, autocad drafter,...