Steven M. Horvath
Post Office Box ****
Asheville, North Carolina 28816
Home Phone: 828-***-****
Mobile Phone: 828-***-****
SUMMARY OF QUALIFICATIONS
• Successfully managed and submitted permits such as PWSS, local water regulatory agencies, NCDENR-DWQ Wastewater, MSD, NCDENR-DWQ 401 Nationwide Permit, US Army Corps, NCDENR-LQ, and NCDENR-DWQ Storm water for timely approvals.
• Served as successful company representative to interact with clients to generate positive relations with developers, contractors and clients resulting in repeat and referral business.
• Highly effective leadership, communication, motivational and inspirational skills, which led through the years a 90% or better retention ratio and promotion into design and management positions.
• Honored to have been considered the “Customer Come First” liaison resolving customer difficulties in an expedient and tactful manner.
• Innovative and creative in troubleshooting the unexpected.
• Progressed from geological field and lab testing technician to Engineering Field Representative to Engineering Designer/Project Manager/Permit Coordinator.
• Selected by the office manager and company vice president to nurture young interns and assist with company computers and office network.
• Led diverse, cross-functional teams in the fulfillment of corporate productivity, quality and bottom-line objectives.
• Possess strong communication, rapport with regulatory agencies and meticulous in performance and presentation of design calculations and engineering design to nearly a 90% success rate in the initial design submittal.
• Possess strong commitment to team environment dynamics with the ability to contribute expertise and follow leadership directives at appropriate times.
• Consistently provided sound and affordable designs to clients to generate repeat clientele.
• Exceeded established department expectations through development/implementation of best practices to increase employee output, communication of corporate objectives and introduction to innovative methods to become more efficient and prosperous.
• Collaborated with key members of corporate personnel to develop and implement improved computer and cad standards to improve the finished product.
• Lead designer and project manager in the Site Development Department (Commercial, Institutions and residual infrastructure utility, storm drainage, road and erosion/sediment).
VAUGHN & MELTON CONSULTING ENGINEERS, INC., Asheville, North Carolina 28801
Project Manager/Permit Coordinator/Information Technology Assistant (Civil Engineer Intern) (Aug 2006-Nov 2009)
(Laid off due to corporate and branch office restructuring)
CAVANAUGH & ASSOCIATES, P.A. Asheville, North Carolina 28801
Sr. Site Development Designer and Project Manager/Permit Coordinator/Information Technology Manager (Civil Engineer Intern) (Aug 2004-May 2006) (Dismissed due to restructuring of branch office)
ARCADIS G&M, Greenville, South Carolina
Sr. Civil Designer/Asst. Project Manager (Civil Engineer Intern) (Jun 2002-Feb 2004) (Laid off due to corporate and branch office restructure of personnel and removal of civil department)
PESTERFIELD ENGINEERING, P.A. Asheville, North Carolina 28801
Office Manager, Project Manager/Civil Designer/Permit Coordinator/Information Technology Manager (June 2000-March 2002) (Dismissed due to restructure of personnel due to company economics)
McGILL & ASSOCIATES, P.A. Asheville, North Carolina 28801
Engineering Cad Technician/Civil Designer (1991-2000)
SOUTHEASTERN A/E/P, Asheville, North Carolina 28801
Computer Manager and Sr. Engineering Technician for Government contracts
BARGE, WAGGONER, SUMNER & CANNON A/E/P Knoxville, Tennessee
Sr. Project Field Coordinator-Liaison Manager, Cad Technical Engineer & Designer
SYMONS CORPORATION/PATENT SCAFFOLDING Los Angeles, CA.
Sr. Designer and Engineer Assistant
CITY OF AKRON ENGINEERING DEPARTMENT (Co-Op Program) Akron, Ohio
Field Construction Observer/Lab and Field Technician
UNITED PARCEL SERVICE (Christmas Seasonal) New Philadelphia, Ohio
Route Driver (Package Delivery/Pickup)
UNITED STATES NAVY, USS NIMITZ (CVN-68) Norfolk, Virginia
U.S. Military Intelligence
Pellissippi State Community College Knoxville, TN
Civil Engineering and Computer Design (Completion: 1989)
Phi-Theta-Kappa National Member (GPA 3.9)