ROWLAND, CHARLES L **** *********** #*
Gainesville, FL 32608
Temp address :
PO box 558
Denver IA, 50622
Home phone: 319-***-****
Cell phone: 248-***-****
• Proficient on Unigraphics thru NX6 (30,000hrs) Including Teamcenter.
• Thirty years experience in design engineering including Heavy equipment, marine and automotive.
• For the last 3 years I have been working on heavy equipment which includes designing large weldments, hydraulic cylinders, hydraulic and electrical routings.
• I am willing to relocate at my expense anywhere in USA.
• Proficient in class "A" surface development as well as solid and freeform modeling.
Terex Cranes Waverly , IA 2009-Present
• Designed 106 ‘ boom for boom truck crane.
• Designed large weldments for mainframe and turret on 26 ton boom truck.
• Designed custom reinforced u-bolt saddles and mainframe installation components.
• Designed both primary and auxiliary outrigger systems for boom trucks.
Sandvik Alachua FL 2008-2009
• Sandvik designs and manufactures equipment for the mining industry.
• I was responsible for mechanical, hydraulic and sheet metal enclosure designs primarily on large blasthole drill rigs.
• I was assigned to the structures group and my primary job was on a new frame, outriggers and fuel and hydraulic routings for a new rig that was the new flagship of the company, a 120 ton blasthole rig for Australia.
• Performed very large alterations per customer specification. These alterations would include large weldment and hydraulic designs.
• Designed fifteen foot platform to handle different hydraulic lifting devices.
• Performed reverse engineering to satisfy customers needs.
• Was primary designer for all aftermarket applications including laser depth counter and automatic leveling.
FMC Technologies Orlando, FL 2007 - 2008
Mechanical Design Engineer
• FMC designs and manufactures airport equipment.
• Designed large hydraulic lifts and cranes for loading cargo into transport as well as commercial aircraft.
• Designed options to existing designs per customer’s requests. Applications included designing large weldments and reinforcing frame rails per customer specifications.
• Hydraulic and fuel supply changes were customer specific and required on floor custom redesigns. I then took those changes to UG .
• Designed many wire harness and routing drawings.
• Unigraphics NX 3 and 4
GE Aircraft Engines-TK Engineering, Cincinnati, OH. 2007-2008
• Designed instrumentation rakes for jet engines
Sea Ray Boats Inc. Merritt Island Florida 2005-2007
Senior Design Engineer
• Designed entire class “A” deck for 38’ cruiser and 24’ sport boat.
• Responsible for deck and hull design including radar arches and interior components (ie head and stateroom fiberglass parts & was responsible for engine plumbing design for 4 new applications as well. (Bilge layout and exhaust venting.) .
Modern Engineering 2004-2005
• Class “A” surface development. Automotive interiors, including headliners , garnish and instrument panel ,exterior and interior lighting.
• Responsible for class “A” surface development on base level door panel 2004 gmx001 which included provisions for speaker and door hardware.
• Interfaced regularly with counterparts from Lear Corp. and Intier as well as styling reps from G.M.
• Assigned RR QTR trim and related sheet metal structure on GMT345 baby Hummer.
GM Design Center Warren, Michigan 1998-2001
Senior Design Engineer
• Responsible for extensive freeform and solid modeling of internal and under hood components including class A surface development on projects ranging from concept show vehicles to the 2004 corvette.
• Responsible for several variations of center console , radio and dash control configurations , overhead console and sun visor designs for light trucks and cars including packaging of switches, garage openers and cup holders, including cd and cassette holders while maintaining optimum storage space.
• Responsible for conceptual rear HVAC unit designs for S.U.V.’s including packaging.
• Transferred to Corvette exterior surface group to assist in design of new carbon fiber composite exterior body panels for prototype car.
GM Truck engineering Pontiac, Michigan 1996-1998
Senior Designer - Unigraphics
• Responsible for 'B' pillar trim, headliners and rear seat and restraints on the 2000 'Blazer' vehicles with related structural enhancements to body sheet metal inner panels.
• Responsible for determining the criteria and packaging requirements for center consoles on light trucks and Blazer/Jimmy vehicles.
• Worked on several sun visor concepts for light trucks.
• Received 600 hours UG training including freeform modeling and advanced modeling techniques.
GM Flint, Mich. 1990-1996
Senior Designer Manual and CGS
• Responsible for design of rear seat and all associated restraints on the 1995 G car.
• (Olds Aurora and Buick Riviera.) Front all belts to seat, with associated trim and rear restraints on the 1997 Park Avenue, '98 Cadillac S5S, '99 'H' Buick, Olds and Pontiac, and the 2001 Cadillac Catera.
Adittional experience from 1979 to 1990 available upon request along with complete and contactable references.
1 Brandon High School 3.89 GPA
2 Mott Comm College 4.00 GPA ( automotive design and heating and cooling HVAC)
3 Mcomb Comm College 4.00 GPA (automotive design and surface creation theory)