JOEL A. WARRINER, SR., P.E.
Education: B.S. Engineering Geology, Brigham Young University, Provo UT
A.A. Natural Science, Pasadena City College, Pasadena CA
Professional Engineering (P.E.) Licenses: Virginia, Washington, Oregon, Maryland, DC
• Expert in training personnel to perform geotechnical tasks placement of gunite and to apply principles and practices in the field and laboratories
• Experienced engineering manager capable of working multiple, simultaneous projects
• Knowledge of CADD/Design Software (MircoStation and GeoPak)
• Expert in establishing relations with clients and providing Marketing services.
1/09 to 1/10 Krazan & Associates, Bothell, WA
Testing & Inspection Operations Manager
• Managed day-to-day operations of material department, (e.g., concrete, gunite, masonry, asphalt, soils, field and laboratory, using AASHTO and MUTCD Standards).
• Supervised placement of reinforcements for bridge abutments and slopes.
• Trained and supervised mid- and entry-level personnel.
Achievements: Authored technical manuals and trained 75 technicians to test and place reinforcement for slopes and bridges over a six-month period..
7/07 to 1/09 MTI-ECI, Boise, ID and Bellevue, WA
Senior Engineer, promoted to Engineering Manager
• Analyzed and corrected complex engineering projects from slope stability using sprayed on gunite.
• Performed settlement analysis, geotechnical investigations, provide design for roadway projects from preliminary to final design.
• Promoted to Engineering Manager of Bellevue, WA office.
• Trained and hired staff. Wrote and reviewed all technical reports.
Achievements: Employed innovative design techniques to reduce client costs in challenging construction efforts. Recognized by promotion to Engineering Manager. Implemented corrective measures to remediate former engineering decisions.
12/00 to 07/07 Froehling & Robertson, Inc., Richmond, VA
• Managed multiple construction projects (e.g., 17 miles of freeway expansion,
CarMax HQ, Capitol One Campus, Medical College of Virginia Gateway, and
• Designed deep and shallow foundations.
• Designed concrete mixes including gunite for slope stability and bridge abutments.
• Hired, trained, and supervised technicians.
• Wrote technical reports for construction management materials testing and geotechnical projects.
• Provide Engineering design using GeoPiers.
Achievements: Performed as a Materials Testing Expert (e.g., soils, asphalt, concrete, gunite placements, aggregate, fireproofing, and Exterior Insulation and Finishing System (EIFS) using ASTM, AASHTO and MUTCD Standards).
JOEL A. WARRINER, SR., P.E. - Page 2
04/97 to 12/00 Materials Testing Services, Inc., Grand Forks, ND
• Managed, trained, and supervised personnel in the materials testing laboratory using ASTM, AASHTO Standards.
• Managed multiple construction projects (e.g., 36 miles of flood remediation for dikes, dams, and levees for Devils Lake, ND, and provided engineering design and analysis for highway drainage).
• Marketed services for business expansion.
• Provide engineering design for concrete mixes.
Achievements: Investigated engineering challenges for the Devils Lake project, requiring rapid, onsite engineering analyses and immediate resolutions.
08/95 to 04/97 Converse Consultants Inc., Reno, NV
• Managed 16 laboratory and field personnel for highway design materials testing for 26 miles of highway expansion and improvements for Route 58 on the NV side of Lake Tahoe
• Wrote technical reports for multiple construction projects in Northern NV, including highway and roadway design.
• Provided engineering design and analysis for floodwater highway drainage control of the Truckee River and Lake Tahoe.
Achievements: Provided engineering solutions to environmentally-sensitive issues, satisfying demands of concerned Nevada residents.
09/86 to 08/95 Soils Engineering Inc., Rosamond, CA
• Conducted all activities related to branch; marketing, hiring, training, and supervising major projects (e.g., Honda Motors of Southern California test facilities, High Desert Development, 1,000 homes with infrastructure of an new community north of Los Angeles County, CA, 11,000 acre community development, ranging from asphalt, concrete and gunite design, fault setbacks and geotechnical investigations).
• Provided engineering design and analysis for flood water control by designing multiple retention ponds, with dam design using U.S. Army Corps of Engineers guidelines.
• Marketed services to the community.
Achievements: In response to Honda Motors’ requirements for cost reductions in Phase II of the project, scaled back engineering expenditures through assumption of all engineering work personally.