Room no: ***
, Homestead Studio Suites, ****
Orleans Drive, Sunnyvale, CA- 94089 (M)+1-408-***-****
To be a part of growing organization in the domain of Life Science/ Healthcare
Feb’08 Bio Analytical Technologies (I) Pvt. Ltd. Pune, Maharashtra
Software Tester/ Domain Expert/ Domain Tester (Research Asst.)
Involved in the activity to implement ideas and foresee new projects in the area of Bioinformatics and Computational Biology
Experience in working on Agile Software Development, and following KANBAN process, automated story tests using fixtures. Experienced in co-ordinating onsite/ client inputs and interacting closely with the customer.
Special Recognition Award (Individual) for year 2009, for value addition
Software Application Tester (Manual and Fixtures) for software in the arena of Drug Discovery- hands on experience with Verification Plan/ Report, Test Plans, Test suite/ evidences etc in accordance with IEEE 829
Involved in recognition of the company with government regulatory bodies for Industrial Scientific and Research.
Domain expert and Tester on Software related to protein structure determination.
Team Lead in Project; Special Recognition Award (Team) for the Best performance.
Database structuring for client, acquiring the data from online databases and literature review and R&D as Research Assistant.
Executive in International Business Development and support to the Business Development Team.
Feb’07- Jan’08 Agharkar Research Institute Pune, Maharashtra
Research Student, in Department of Biotechnology (DBT), Govt. of India sponsored project, ‘‘Characterization of angiogenic factors from peri vitelline fluid of Indian horseshoe crab embryos”
Hands- on experience on Chorio Allantoic Membrane (CAM) Assay using chick embryo and number of molecular biology techniques including extraction of RNA, cDNA syntheis, PCR, primer designing, cloning (transformation, plasmid extraction, ligation, digestion, electrophoresis etc), protein extraction and estimation, SDS- PAGE.
July’06- Jan’07 C. K. T. College of Arts, Science and Commerce Mumbai, Maharashtra
Lecturer in Biotechnology
Lectures on Biostatistics, Enzyme kinetics, Industrial Microbiology to graduate and post graduate students, as well as theoretical and practical coursework for Certificate and Diploma in Molecular Biology students.
Organized Seminar on Specialized Aspects of Biotechnology at C. K. Thakur ACS College, New Panvel, Navi Mumbai.
2008- 2010 Bioinformatics Institute of India Noida, Delhi
Completed Industry Program in Bioinformatics, through Distance mode.
Experience on Windows 98/ XP, Linux, DOS, C++, C#, C#.net, Java, HTML, Office Management, FASTA, Multiple sequence alignment and phylogenetic analysis using Clustal W, Rasmol, NCBI tools.
2004- 2006 The Institute of Science Mumbai, Maharashtra
M. Sc. Biotechnology- First Class* 63.3%
1. Participated in XXIX All India Cell Biology Conference, organized by the Industrial Toxicology Research Centre, Lucknow, from 17th- 20th Jan’ 06.
2. Participated in UGC sponsored workshop on ‘Biophysical Techniques for the study of macromolecules’ organized from 12th- 13th Jan’ 06, at The Institute of Science, Mumbai.
3. Participated in EMBO- 2004 workshop held from 16th Dec- 18th Dec’04 at Centre for Cellular and Molecular Biology, Hyderabad, on Cell interactions in Development and Disease.
4. Participated in the Seminar on Animal Cell Culture- Recent Trends and its Application organized by the Vivekanand Education Society’s College, Chembur, Mumbai on 27th Nov’04.
5. Participated and volunteered in National Symposium on Biodiversity, Biotechnology and Environmental Toxicology 2004 organized by The Institute of Science, Mumbai from 22nd - 24th Nov’04
6. Participated in The Second Indian Symposium of the Protein Society- Protein Structure and Function organized by The Indian Institute of Technology Bombay, Mumbai, India from 28th- 30th Oct’04.
7. Attended workshop on Applied Genetics and Genetic Counseling, from 8th- 11th Sept’ 04, organized by Centre for Research in Mental Retardation (CREMERE), Malad, Mumbai.
2001- 2004 V. E. S. College of Arts, Science and Commerce Mumbai, Maharashtra
B. Sc. Microbiology- Second Class* 58.25%
• Awarded prizes in Quiz, Seminars, Project and Skit Competitions held at an Intra collegiate and Inter collegiate level.
• Written articles for College magazines and Local Newspapers.
Apr ’10- Ongoing Cheminformatics for Open Source Drug Discovery (OSDD) Online
• Selected to access Garuda- supercomputer at CDAC, Pune for the same
• Currently working with Cheminformatics group on Drug Discovery and Design
• Hands on experience on Weka, ARFF file formats and analyzing data based on various classifiers and descriptors on dataset downloaded from PubChem
Dec’09- Jan ‘10 Connect 2 Decode for Open Source Drug Discovery (OSDD) Online
• Nominated as ‘Best Annotator’ for the project, and selected for three day conference in Delhi from 9th April – 11th April.
• Worked on national Bioinformatics project for Open Source Drug Discovery (OSDD- CSIR Team India Consortium with Global Partnership), for Tuberculosis.
• Hands on experience with gene annotation, modeling etc.
April’05- July’05 Agharkar Research Institute Pune, Maharashtra
Study of interstitial cells, harboring the property of stem cells, in chemical treated and UV irradiated hydra species. Learnt in vitro transcription, in situ hybridization, Northern Blot etc along with the Histology technique.
Aug’03- Feb’04 V. E. S. College of Arts, Science and Commerce Mumbai, Maharashtra
Screening of microorganisms from various sources, which could degrade harmful compound, Poly Vinyl Alcohol (PVA) and thus minimize the environmental pollution.
Biochemical estimation of DNA, RNA, Protein, Carbohydrate and Chromatography, Enzyme assay and kinetics.
May’03 Haffkine Institute for Training, Research and Testing Mumbai, Maharashtra
• Competed ‘On-Job Training’ under the Annual Biotechnology Programme in Departments of Clinical Pathology, Virology, and Zoonoses.
May’03 Cumballa Hill Hospital and Heart Institute Mumbai, Maharashtra
• Completed Summer Training as a Trainee/Observer
On- Site Experience/ Others
• On- site experience in Sunnyvale, CA, USA for 8 months. (B1 Visa valid for 10 years)
• Guest Lecture and Practical sessions for T. Y. B. Sc. Microbiology and Biotechnology at V.E.S. College of Arts, Science and Commerce, in Bioinformatics.
• On-site experience in Toronto, Canada for 1week. The one week stay included conference meetings with the Vice Presidents of the company and Marketing Team as well. It also included training on the product of the client and the planning of the database architecture.
• Sept 2006- Internet Test of English as a Foreign Language- iBT (TOEFL) with 98 out of 120. (Reading- 23 / 30, Listening- 24 / 30, Speaking- 24 / 30, Writing- 27 / 30)
• Aug 2005- Qualified Maharashtra State PhD Aptitude Test (PAT) conducted by the Pune University.
• Date of Birth: 30th Jan ‘83
• Marital Status: Married
• Languages Known: English, Bengali, Hindi, Marathi
• Hobbies: Music and Travelling
1. Dr. Seema Kokitkar
Head, Department of Biotechnology
C. K. Thakur College of Arts, Science and Commerce
Khanda Colony, New Panvel
Phones: +91 986*******
2. Dr. Nagesh Malik
Reader in Microbiology
V. E. S. College of Arts, Science and Commerce
Phones: +91 22 25227470 (Extn: 515/ Microbiology)
3. Dr. Surendra Ghaskadbi
Division of Animal Sciences
Agharkar Research Institute
G.G. Agarkar Road
Phones: +91 20 25653680, 25654357 (Ext.: 278)
Residence phones: +91 20 25447652, 56229748