SENIOR EXECUTIVE WITH OVER 20 YEARS OF EXPERIENCE IN THE DIRECT SALE INDUSTRY
Accomplished Senior Executive with broad domestic and international experience in the Direct Selling Industry. Strong background in Sales, Customer Service, Compensation & Promotional
Plans, IT and Business Re-engineering. Extensive experience Implementing Information Systems and Technology in Alignment with Business Goals and Key Business Processes.
Recognized as a results driven, collaborative and customer focus leader, great ability to generate, promote and execute innovative and cost effective initiatives. Provide a track record of success, strategic vision and financial discipline that leverage the Business.
AREAS OF EXPERTISE
Business & Strategic Planning Sales Force Development Multiple Project Management
Team Leadership & development Comp & Promotional Plans Customer Service
Business Process Reengineering Global, MIS Direct Sales, MLM
PERSONAL CONSULTING BUSINESS MAY 2010-PRESENT
Provided advisory services on Direct Selling Business Strategies. Created a Sales force Compensation and Promotional plan, for the start up of a company into the DS Industry .This proposal is in the evaluation process.
JAFRA COSMETICS INTERNATIONAL, A Direct Selling company, subsidiary of Vorwerk Group.
Chief Information Officer & SVP , Westlake California 2004 – May 2010
Provided Global IT services to the different markets of the company. Managed a staff of 26 IT professionals with an annual budget of $16.7 million dollars. Primary responsibilities were: Definition of short and long term IT Strategic Plan, developing and implementing a Global Commercial Model of Information Systems, Business Processes and Technological Platforms; Definition and implementation of High Availability IT Services.
• Created and led Global IT to provide and support services to emerging markets ( 2 in 4 years), existing markets (6 ) as well as to the manufacturing unit.
• Consolidated and unified the Technological Platform of all different markets.
• Built and Managed a High Availability Data Center at Triara Mexico (an outsourcing facility), to guarantee a 97.78% of uptime in the IT services during the first implementation step.
• Led the strategy for the worldwide integration of corporate business software with an annual savings of $2 million dollars.
• Led the development and implementation of a Commercial System to support the Business Model and needs of the Swiss market, migrating data from a different platform. This project was successfully completed in 7 months, achieving savings of 6% on the total Project Budget.
• Led the implementation of the Commercial System in the USA, involving a complex migration of different platforms & database and, developing an in house system to support the local Business Model. This IT project resulted in an annual savings of 3 million dollars, streamlining the IT department.
Executive Vice-President, Operations, Mexico City 2002 – 2004
Provided quality service to customers reinforcing the company’s value chain through the integration and synchronization of the Customer Services, Distribution, Manufacturing, IT and Re-engineering areas.
• Led the Reengineering of Customer Services Processes resulting in a new Customer Service Portfolio with a new B2B E-Commerce system, which is currently capturing 80% of total orders.
• Created and implemented the concept of “Virtual Customer Services Centers” as a more efficient way to extend and ensure the best business experience for the customers. Led negotiations with 42 third parties from different “Internet Cafes” around the Country. As a result of this initiative the orders received via Web increased by 40%.
• Led implementation of an in house development to achieve SOX compliance.
• Coordinated the successful startup of the new Distribution Center, using a state of the art Pick to Light Technology (KNAPP) implemented on time and on budget, increasing by 150% the speed of the picking process, and reducing by 5% the missing products.
• Supervised the re-allocation of the skin-care production from USA to Mexico. This project was successfully accomplished and delivered within budget and on schedule.
Business Process and IT Director, Mexico City 1998 - 2001
Upgraded and aligned Information Systems & Technology according to the company’s new vision, the new redesigned Key BusinUess Processes and their metrics.
• Created the Help Desk, Groupware, and Data base Administrator positions .Implementing electronic workflow; some processes were optimized reducing authorization times from months to weeks.
• Managed and coordinated the design, launching and implementation of the first e-commerce strategy. 25% of the orders were placed during the first year.
• Managed and coordinated the redesign of the commercial system to support all the requirements and new organizational structure. Benefits: Online Information in all the Key Business Processes, Key Business Indicators, reducing the publishing cycle time from 3 weeks to 1 day and, the commission process from 2 days to 4 hours.
Business Transformation Manager, Mexico City 1996 - 1998
As an expert user of the commercial area, worked full time with Price Waterhouse Coopers in the re-engineering process to achieve a Customer - Centric Orientation in all the Key Business Processes.
Program Director , México City 1993 - 1996
Developed and implemented Compensation & Promotional Plans to guarantee the accomplishment of the Key Operating Indicators, while ensuring a competitive and achievable Leader’s Career Plan.
Divisional Sales Manager, Monterrey Mexico 1991 - 1993 Led a managers sales team to motivate, develop and grow the sales force of the Northern and Pacific Zones of the Country, developed personalized plans for the leaders growth, created strategies to organize and relocate North American & Mexican Leaders according to the USA and Mexican Custom Regulations.
Information System Manager 1987 - 1991
Designed and Implemented the First Jafra Commercial System, implemented ERP for Financial and Inventory applications, led the integration of the whole IT applications portfolio, supported by Policies and Procedures, consolidated the IT area.
Information System Supervisor 1985 – 1987
Designed and Implemented the First Jafra Commercial System.
BS, Chemical Processes Engineering, Tecnologico de Monterrey, Monterrey Mexico.
Graduated with Honors
Manager Supply Chain
Simi Valley, CA - naval, aircraft, planner, program manager,...
Simi Valley, CA - fernando, teacher, sales marketing, san fernando,...
Development, Fundraising, and Stewardship
Simi Valley, CA - peter, underwriter, speech, director, fitness,...
Medical Device Home Health
Simi Valley, CA - medical device, home health, hospice, device,...
Customer Service High School
Simi Valley, CA - army, fuel, picker, valley, jason, auditing,...
Customer Service Project
Simi Valley, CA - handyman, fs, electrical, pro, plumbing, doors,...
Customer Service Manager
Simi Valley, CA - dba, buyer, agent, corp, purchasing, erp, sr,...