Manager Project Quality Control Production Management
K. Kavalari * ● Lamia Central Greece / Fthiotis 35100
0030693-728-9089 ● email@example.com
PRODUCTION & PLANT MANAGER
Dynamic professional and Plant Manager with 19 years of experience in the bakery and confectionery industry. Track record of devising bottom-up strategies for sustainability, competitiveness, and profitability in complex and dynamic markets. Fuses world-class knowledge and corporate governance/leadership experience to drive business performance and operational excellence. Utilizes business acumen to devise solutions for bottom-line gain, operational excellence, and business growth. Supports companywide change, driving supply chain optimization and crafting actionable strategies to improve performance in diverse settings. Adapts to changing and multicultural environments, building collaborative internal relationships with teams to measure as well as balance supply and demand. Identifies alternatives for time/cost savings and resolves complex issues to continuously meet business dynamics.
Plant Management ● Safety ● Sanitation ● Budgeting ● QC/QA ● Procurement/Purchasing ● Ops Management
Process Improvement ● Inventory Management ● Cost Accounting ● Expense Control ● Internal Controls ● Payroll
International Business ●Joint Ventures ● Start Ups / Turnarounds ● Team Leadership / Motivation ● Cost Reduction
Training / Development ● Policy Development ● Performance Management ●Inventory Management ● Scheduling
CHIPITA INTERNATIONAL S.A., Lamia, Greece ● December 1992 – May 2011
Chipita S.A. produces and markets flour-based snacks & chocolate confectioneries.
Plant Manager, Bakery & Confectionery Division ● January 2008 – May 2011
Oversaw factories in Lamia and Central Greece, audited the plant through AIB, IFS & HACCP standards and ensured the operability of 12 production lines in accordance with the SAP system (QM, MM, & PM). Developed new products and oversaw the startup of new production facilities. Managed 540 employees, developed outcome and cost reports and consistently exceeded the company’s expectation in overconsumptions, raw materials, and labor costs.
• Increased production efficiency by 2%.
• Decreased raw material overconsumption from 1.38% in 2008 to 0.85% in 2011.
• Reduced consumer complaints by 48%.
• Decreased work accidents by 33%.
• Reduced the purchase of spare parts by 7.5%.
• Installed a new €13M biscuit line.
• Managed the project to install and start up the production of a crispy pops line.
• Implemented strict controls to improve efficiency and operations.
Production Manager, Factory C Lamia's Plant, Bakery & Confectionery Division S.A. ● June 2002 – Dec. 2007
Conducted internal production assessments and managed the factory according to the SAP system in terms of efficiency, quality, raw material and overconsumptions. Managed croissant, bake rolls and rusk production lines with 150 staff members. Directed startup lines, oversaw plant maintenance and reduced the cost of spare parts.
• Managed the installation and startup of the new croissant line.
• Oversaw the dissembling for bake bars production.
• Served as the project manager to install a rusk production line.
• Technical Maintenance Manager, performed preventative maintenance and stocked spare parts.
• Liaised with an external company to reduce labor costs and track personnel efficiency.
Project Manager, Bakery & Confectionery Division ● July 2001 – June 2002
Key member of the group’s Department of International Affairs managing Chipita Russia, Chipita Romania, Chipita Bulgaria and Chipiga (J.V. Chipita-Gameza). Championed the startup of new production lines and resolved complex technical and production problems at international plants.
• Spearheaded the startup of the croissant line in Chipita Russia, increased efficiency and decreased waste.
• Following the purchase of the factory, transferred technology to Chipita Romania and ensured the quality of final products.
• Traveled to Chipita Bulgaria on numerous occasions to improve the quality of final products including cooking, shaping and packaging.
Page 2 ● firstname.lastname@example.org
Plant Manager, Tomaszof – Maz. Poland Bakery & Confectionery Division ● January 2000 – June 2001
Planned and developed a new factory unit, transferred best practices and created solutions to improve productivity and efficiency. Managed the plant, oversaw production and quality auditing, and achieved the company’s product objectives. Achievements:
• Successfully branded the company abroad.
• Improved raw material consumption, labor costs and quality by streamlining operations.
Technology Manager, Bakery & Confectionery Division
Managed the process and ensured the quality of the company’s products including croissants, chips, snacks and creams. Oversaw recruitment initiatives, implemented quality controls and established human resource policies. Coordinated and audited supplies, logistics and raw material development.
• Achieved time and production targets for the startup of the croissant line.
Quality Control Assurance Manager, Ota-Alenquer-Portugal Factory ● June 1996 – December 1997
Championed the turnaround of the plant by conducting comprehensive process reviews and rectifying errors. Transferred production knowledge, implemented quality controls and worked closely with staff members and managers to enhance operations.
• Launched the factory and production line.
• Controlled the quality of raw materials, products and sanitation.
Shift Supervisor, Bakery & Confectionery Division ● December 1992 – June 1996
Managed production and tracked the productivity of staff members.
• Key role in driving the company’s growth from two production lines and 38 employees to 5 production lines and 150 employees.
• Involved in the installation and startup of the company’s croissant, cake and bake roll lines.
AGROINVEST S.A., Lamia, Greece ● January 1991 – December 1991
Pet food industry.
Commercial Department Employee
Organized and dispatched final products and oversaw deliveries to Central/Northern Greece to approximately 30 difference clients.
NOMIKOS S.A., Lamia, Greece ● May 1990 – September 1990
Tomato processing company.
Quality Control Specialist
Collected and analyzed samples during the morning, afternoon and evening shifts to ensure quality control . Reported results to the Production Supervisor.
Masters, Major in Business Administration
Greek Management Association – Lamia, Greece
Bachelors, Major in Food Technology & Nutrition
Technological Educational Institute of Thessaloniki – Thessaloniki, Greece
Lead Auditor Quality Systems, Lloyd's Register Quality Assurance (IRCA Registration No: A17290), 2010
Specialized Training Course “Inspections of Food Safety”, 2006
Training on GMP’s and the Requirements of AIB, 2001
Greek Association of Food Technologists
Similar ResumesAdministrative Assistant or Operations Officer
- bsa, sas, 25000, ach, dual, skip, cruise, typical,...Management Engineer Project Manager Operations
- hazardous waste, hercules, waste management,...Call Center Manager Sales Customer Service Quality Control
- helen, setters, vacancy, call center manager, 2002,...United States Qa Mobile Com Pega Openings Any
- pega, h1b, hello, das, openings, qa, know, visa,...Engineer Management Engineering Network Service
- ocm, ucs, opm, ipm, reston, sh, frameworks, dwdm,...Maintenance Service Technician Engineer Electrical
- engineer electrical, rizal, freezer, tesda, jc,...Manager Call Center Management Engineer Customer Service
- telecom engineer, lynx, r12, logger, cloud, avaya,...Budget Analyst
Auburn Hills, MI
- pmt, analysist, flint, budget analyst, atlas,...Sheet Metal Experience High School Project Management
- hobbs, olathe, food processing, exhaust,...Resume for IT support with !% months of experience
United Arab Emirates
- active directory, ccna, mcse, engineering college,...