Andrea S. Kurz FMA
Solid background in facilities management, office relocations and build outs, vendor relations, contract negotiation, project management, cost control, supervision of staff, and lease negotiation. Experienced in working with all levels of management, staff, vendors, clients, and landlords. Ability to handle high pressure situations and has the ability to make sound decisions. Skilled in managing multiple locations and identifying issues for conformance to company standards. Strong knowledge of preventive maintenance methods, HVAC systems, telecommunication systems, security systems, shipping (domestic & international), front desk operations, fire and life safety, business continuity planning, recycling programs, space planning, and familiar with all current technology required to perform at a high level.
Facilities Management Administrator designation (FMA), Building Owners & Managers Institute (BOMA)
B.A. French, Illinois State University, Normal, IL
Certificate of Completion (Language, Literature, Civilization) at University of Grenoble, Grenoble, France
CB Richard Ellis, Downers Grove IL Sept. 2005-Current
• Manage 74 properties totaling 294,000 square feet in the City of Chicago for Washington Mutual Bank. First point of contact for all facilities issues. On call 24/7 for emergencies.
• Coordinate repairs and maintenance, issue and manage work orders, and manage maintenance staff.
• Communicate with landlords, review leases, and inspect properties on a periodic basis.
• Respond to emergency situations and dispatch needed vendors coordinate repairs to ensure business continuity.
• Manage repair and maintenance budget to ensure cost control. Identify ways to save money and roll out corporate wide initiatives.
• Manage contracted vendors to ensure contract compliance.
• Review, interpret, and enforce lease issues.
Endeavor Information Systems, Des Plaines, IL June 2000-Sept. 2005
• Managed corporate office for software development company. Provided facility management/office services functions including: front desk operations, shipping (domestic & international), purchased and implemented security access control system, space planning, corporate travel program, American Express card program, fire and life safety training, and business continuity planning.
• Relocated corporate office. Executed office build outs and expansions. Also, designed and implemented new Avaya telecommunications phone system,
• Worked closely with IT and Human Resources to meet the needs of the company. Implemented employee morale programs with HR. Managed catering and employee lunches. Directed staff for customer training and conference room set ups.
• Managed all vendors and preventive maintenance contracts. Supported data center 24/7 cooling.
• Managed shipping department. Performed the duties of ‘purchasing manager’ functions for first 3 years of employment
• Adhered to assigned facilities budget.
• On call 24/7 for emergencies.
CheckFree Corporation, Aurora, IL Dec. 1995-April 2000
• Managed high volume call center and administrative office for financial e-commerce provider.
• Main responsibilities included: facilities management, contract negotiation, office improvements, designed new cafeteria with vending equipment and amenities for employees. Managed 24/7 onsite security guard, implemented new access control system, and communicated with landlord for property issues.
• Maintained all preventive maintenance contracts for HVAC systems, onsite diesel generator, and fire & life safety system.
• On call 24/7 for emergencies.
References Available upon request.
Chicago, IL - ehs, preventive, maintenance manager, repairs,...
Skokie, IL - maintenance, plant, maintenance manager, staff,...
New York, NY - building, life, staff, fire, maintenance, direct,...
Chicago, IL - engineer, two, repair, fire, preventive,...
IL - concrete, surface, drill, maintenance, power,...
Evergreen Park, IL - steam, boiler, engineer, maintenance, water,...
Joliet, IL - maintenance supervisor, operational, molding,...