RUDY Z. VARGAS**** ****** **** **
Chesapeake, Va. 23321
Objective: Motivated engineer in search of a challenging position in the application of the physical and engineering sciences where his “can do “attitude will be utilized.
Education: 2011: Optical Engineering, Master of Science
Norfolk State University, Norfolk, VA
2006: Engineering Coursework
Tidewater Community College, Portsmouth, VA
1984: Mechanical Engineering, Bachelor of Science
Bicol University College of Engineering, Legaspi City, Philippines
Math Tutor, Princess Anne Middle School
• Helps and tutors students in pre-Algebra and Algebra for University Instructors
Graduate Research Assistant, Center for Material Science Research, Norfolk State University (NSU)
• Cultivated knowledge of laser surface processing of colorimetric gas sensing detector.
• Worked and etched barrier and laser cut and prepared two sensors from one sensing element as part of research project.
• Researched scientific and technical literature using electronic databases, online e-journals and publications.
• Researched and studied manufacture and fabrication of sensing devices extensively for the fulfillment of final project requirement in MEMS.
Math Tutor- Science and Technology Academicians on the Road to Success “STARS”, NSU
• Mentored and tutored undergraduate students in Algebra, Physics, Calculus, and Chemistry.
• Tutored students in Algebra for University Instructors.
Class A Hazardous Material Transport Operator
• Independent Contractor/ Greensville Transport.
• Transported hazardous materials and other products.
Mechanical Engineer, Department of Public Works and Highways, Legaspi City, Philippines
• Supervised, inspected, and evaluated local irrigation and water works projects, prepared monthly reports on project progress.
• Taught College Physics and Algebra at Legaspi Institute of Technology.
X-ray Diffraction (XRD), Thin Film Deposition, Scanning Electron Microscopy (SEM),
Atomic Force Microscopy (AFM), UHV Pulsed Laser Deposition, UV/VIS/NIR Spectrometer
Calculus, Differential Equation, Quantum Mechanics, Optics and Industrial Electronics, Introduction to Nuclear Engineering, Safety Engineering, Power Plant Design, Industrial Processes, Atomic and Molecular Spectroscopy, Electronics and Optical Materials, Polymers/Composites, Material Science, Research Methods, Semiconductor Processing Technology, Microelectromechanical Systems
Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook, Matlab, Mathematica, Comsol Multiphysics, and Octave.