SAP BI-BO Consultant
Ph # : 513-***-****
• Over 2 years of IT experience. Worked on multiple technologies like SAP BI-BO & IBM Mainframe.
• One & half years of experience in SAP-BI and worked extensively on Extraction, Reporting and
Modeling. Worked in Various Areas like SAP-BI, SAP-R/3. Worked in BW3.5 as well as BI7.0.
•Knowledge of SAP BO.
Expertise in BI 7.0:
• Extensively worked on the Administrative Workbench like designing various data Targets like
InfoCubes, ODS, Master InfoObjects, MultiProvider and InfoSet.
• Created Process chains and monitored them.
• Created Master Data InfoSources for Attributes, Texts and Hierarchies.
• Worked on performance at Data Target level like Index creations, Aggregates, Compression of
•Worked on Transfer Rules, Update Rules and Transformations.
• Configured Data Target Objects to upload the data from SAP-R/3 and flat files.
• Good knowledge of creating Generic, LO & CO- PA extractors.
• Worked in the Direct Delta and Queue Delta methods in LO Extraction and have an extensive
knowledge on LIS and LO Cockpit functionalities.
•Worked On DataSource Enhancements.
Have knowledge on DB connect and UD connect.
• BW Reporting, Bex Analyzer, Web Application designer and Report to Report Interface.
• Good work experience with BEx Query Designer. Extensively built queries on info cubes,
Multiproviders, using BEx analyzer.
• Created reports with Calculated Key Figures, Restricted Key Figures and Filters.
• Worked with Exceptions and Conditions as part of the BEx Query Reporting and have created
•Created Views and Published the Queries and the Views as Web templates.
Expertise in BO:
•Knowledge in designing universe by using multi dimension data base (SAP BI) as the back end.
•Knowledge in classifying the classes and dimension /(Detail measure).
• Experience in designing and developing the Universe and updating the existing Universes,
developing canned/adhoc reports
• Knowledge in designing reports by using different report components like desktop intelligence, Web
intelligence rich client.
•Knowledge in creating xcelsius , Dashboards and integrating same in crystal reports.
•Knowledge of using live office.
Expertise in IBM Mainframe:
• Six months of experience in application programming on IBM mainframe Z/OS, OS390 server using
• Excellent programming skills in COBOL using VSAM / DB2 database & executing the programs in
MVS batch OS using JCL.
• Excellent programming skills in COBOL using DB2 database & executing the programs in CICS
• Knowledge of Object-Oriented Analysis, design and full product of development life cycle including
Requirements Analysis, Product Design, Implementation, Testing and Maintenance.
•Knowledge of RDBMS Concepts using DB2.
Additional Technical skills:
•Knowledge on C, C++, Excellent Knowledge in MS Office.
Professional Details :
• Worked with Access software systems Pvt. Ltd, Chennai, India as an Associate SAP BI
Consultant,from August 2007 to Feb 2009.
• Worked for 6 months on a Mainframe Application programming project for Maples ESM Pvt.
Ltd.,Chennai, India from Jan 2007 to June 2007.
BW/ BI Experience Details:
Role: Team Member.
• Desiginging ETL Documents for setting up the procedures for extractors.
• Designed the Data-Models by using the Performance Indicator’s & Business Objects, starting with
Bubble diagrams and convert them into MDM Data Model (Extended Star Schema), Data-Flow
diagrams by doing the GAP analysis on the extractors available from the Source System.
•Involved in LIS, Generic, LO and CO-PA Extractors.
•Data Loading and Load Monitoring.
•Involved in Debugging the Update rules and transfer rules.
Uploaded master and transactional data from flat files, SAP BI and SAP R/3.
• Validated data consistency in reporting with Data Target against PSA after loading them to data
•Involved in mapping of infosource with the Data targets using update rules.
•Loaded Data into the ODS Object before transporting the data into the InfoCube.
•Info Package Group Management and Triggering of Event Chains.
•Extracting Master & Transaction Data using Generic Data Sources from OLTP.
•Involved in Info Cube maintenance i.e., Compression, Roll-up.
•Setup the Statistical Setup for the LO-Cockpit and used the V3 Update for Delta Management.
Created custom queries and defined Calculated Key Figures, Restricted Key Figures, Text Variables,
etc. For customized reporting using BEx Analyzer, Designed and developed several workbooks and
•Created reporting data (Key figure) columns in Hierarchy format to provide drilldown feature.
IBM Mainframe Experience Details:
General Motors Corporation.
Role: Team Member.
• Preparing Test Plan and Test cases
• Executing of Test cases and Recording the Test results
• Cycle Monitoring for Supply Chain Modules
• Remedy report Generation and Remedy Change management
• Working with the project team and the client for establishing achievable requirements
GM (General Motors Corporation) is the world's biggest automaker company and has been
the global situations across the World. The industry has been sales leader for 75 years.
Founded in 1908, GM manufactures cars and trucks in 33 countries. GM vehicles sold
globally under brands like Buick, Cadillac, Chevrolet, GMC, GM Daewoo, Holden, Hummer,
Opel, Saab, Saturn etc.
The current project is basically a maintenance and support project involving activities like
Production Support for batch jobs, batch monitoring and regular maintenance activities for
Jobs and applications under Supply chain module. Involved as a Team Member for Service
Requests, Cycle Monitoring, Remedy Report Generation and Base Support for the Supply
Chain Service Modules.
Bachelor of Architecture (B.Arch.). Shivaji University, India.