|TEDDY R. ESPOSO
IT/DESKTOP APPLICATIONS SUPPORT SPECIALIST
Senior support specialist with a long history of progressive career and professional growth within the IT environment. Wide variety of experience working with mainframes, PC, and laptops. Enviable record of providing excellent customer service as evidenced by outstanding Business-Partner Satisfaction Ratings. Strong team player who is equally effective working independently. Particularly well known for the ability to build and maintain programs designed to identify/solve/minimize problems and maximize application efficiencies. Support technician – Print Optimization program. PC Desktop and Laptop deployment, software upgrades, system backup and restores. Willing to obtain certification within 3 months of hiring date.
PC LAPTOP AND COMPATIBLE: MS WORD/MS Outlook; Windows DOS; Windows XP; Windows Vista; MS-EXCEL; MS-POWERPOINT; VISIO, Internet – Explorer; Netscape Navigator; SQL server; Windows 2003 server
OPERATING SYSTEMS: IBM Mainframe; IBM 3090/170; IBM ES9000
PROTOCOLS: WAN, LAN, VPN, TCP/IP, EFT, EDI/GENTRAN
DATABASES: DB2/VSAM, TERADATA, MICROSTRATEGY WEB, SAP, EDI
HARDWARE: IBM 3090/170; IBM ES9000; DASD storage; IBM 3420; IBM 4245-20; SOFTWARE: MVS JCL/JES2/SAS; TSO/ISPF/SAS/TMS; PANVALET/SYNCSORT; IEBGENER COBOL; OS/VS1; VSAM; CICS utilities; SPUFI/FILEAID/OMEGAMON; SQL; CA-7 scheduling system; CA DB2 utilities
Typing Skill: 20 – 30 WPM
• Performed recovery of corrupted file which was creating major delays in Intel’s purchasing system. Restored system within two days minimizing what could have been significant downtime and lost dollars.
• Analyzed and diagnosed glitch in batch processing program causing delays for HR, GL, Payroll, Purchasing, and Accounts Receivable applications. Performed data cleanup reducing batch cycle time by 50%. Saved IT resources and allowed company to fulfill Service Level Agreement.
• Assessments and presented the new printer design/functionality for management approval and did the installation and configuration of the new equipments. Supported the new users in mapping the network system to the new device.
• Operate IBM mainframe system and peripheral devices. Identify, report, coordinate, and document system abnormalities.
• Perform scheduled and unscheduled IPLs/Failovers. Coordinate with maintenance/System Center/Job Control on all repair actions/status. Perform scheduled system tasks (database dumps, spool dumps, inventories).
• Willing to work non-standard shifts, weekends and holidays.
Milestone Technology (2010- Current)
IT Support – De-install/Re-install Desktop, Laptop, Servers and other computer hardware. Desktop support/deployment and software upgrades, backups, restores and software imaging.
SA IT Services/COMSYS
BOA/HP Print Optimization Program – Northern California (2008-2009)
• Assessed print functionality and made recommendations for new design for optimization.
• Present the design for management approval and did the configuration and installment of the new equipments.
MILI FINANCIAL GROUP, SAN JOSE, CALIFORNIA
Real Estate associate and Mortgage agent (2006-2007)
INTEL CORP, SANTA CLARA, CA.
IT System/Application Support Specialist (1983-2006)
• Built and maintained unique batch jobs and schedules for Asian, Israeli, Irish, and North American purchasing and accounts payable processes. Created and maintained over 500 batch jobs, which executed over 10,000 batch jobs per month. Provided 3rd level support to a worldwide customer base of over 2,500 users, including buyers, AP processors, Finance and Factory/Materials. Supported report distribution, data entry, output processing, local printer problems, file handling problems, and online transactions including CICS and DB2 problems.
• Was 2nd level support received 20-30 calls a day from customers.
• Supported application archival, which included preserving time-based historic reports, scheduling massive data extracts and moves to archive location. Data spanned 15 years, came from multiple sources, and the volume row count was in hundreds of millions. Also, was a part of the application disaster recovery team.
• Supported department projects such as Y2K, global implementations, internal and external audits and Sarbannes-Oxley requirements. Supported application data and source code archival, including long-term retention of critical reports for audit and legal purposes. Solution also included moving hundreds of millions of records and hundreds of tables to server based archival tool.
• Maintained validation and configuration tables within the application, applying changes and additions as needed. Examples: Bank and check number data, Ship via codes, standard instructions, delivery locations, new stockrooms, bank codes, etc.
• Led the annual Year-End scheduling project, gathering requirements for payment runs and tax and legal reporting. Maintained 24x7 on call rotation schedules for the entire production support team.
• Focal point for application’s system changes. Facilitated the weekly team’s technical update meeting, reviewed all open system enhancement requests and production issues, prioritized and assigned them to appropriate resource. Administered the migration and promotion of all the components including the program modules, JCL, VSAM, CICS, DB2, and PARMS.
• IT support – maintain the remedy ticketing system for the application.
University of the Philippines – Associates of Science (Forestry)
IBM Learning Center: JCL, Intro to IMS, DB2, and Data Communications Environment
Similar ResumesProject Manager Customer Service Sales Management
Santa Clara, CA - wine sales, ymail com, memphis tn, rf technician,...Sr SAS Developer & Analyst
Canada, Hamilton - programmer, philippines, c#, developer, php,...Sales Marketing Business Real Estate Manager Management
Denver, CO - law firm, analyze, kraft, rollout, convenient,...Engineer Electrical Engineering Quality India
San Mateo, CA - mateo, cell culture, apr, hv, microelectronic,...Buyer
Redwood City, CA - quality systems, engineering project, santa clara,...Project System Management Human Resource Software
Manila, UT - philippines, programmer, manila, c#, format, sql,...Project Manager Management Software Business Los Angeles
Norwalk, CA - animator, ca7, feb, autosys, cctv, makati,...Developer Software Manager Systems Computer Consultant
Dallas, TX - technical consultant, iseries, rpg, odessa, ile,...Class A driver and Account Manager
San Jose, CA - driver, jose, mechanical, labs, teacher, bus,...Electrical Engineer Operator Printing Press Experience
Berkeley, CA - match, lamination, andy, rizal, flexographic, roto,...