FREMONT CA 94538
I seek a supply chain analyst role to design and architect solutions for an organization in a way that leverages technology to drive business growth and in a model that adapts future technological advancements with agility and efficiency.
I have over 8 years of experience in the Enterprise Solution space, all of which were invested in the supply chain management domain.
Since the past 4 years, my focus has been in Operations and Supply Chain Planning in the consumer electronics sector, and I have been involved in various solutions involving S&OP and materials procurement. In the past I have worked in materials management for consumer electronics and Supply Chain Planning for the retail sector as well.
I have a strong technical background and have proficiency in SQL. I am proficient in MS excel and modeling tools like Visio and Omnigraffle
I am quick in understanding business processes and analyze them to provide system and process solutions for improvement
My hobbies include reading and travel. I also like to keep myself updated about world events.
Information Technology, Bachelors of Technology June 1999 – July 2003
University of Delhi, Delhi, India
Senior Consultant (Supply Chain) Infosys Ltd. Dec 2003 – Present
California (US) / Flensburg (Germany) /Bangalore (India) (8 years)
Intern Developer, TCS (TATA Consultancy Services) Feb 2003 – Aug 2003
New Delhi, Delhi (India) (7 months)
Throughout my career with Infosys I have worked in the Supply Chain Management practice of their Enterprise Solutions unit. I have worked with supply chain technologies like Oracle IOP, Sterling Commerce WMS, i2 BAM and Kinaxis RapidResponse across a number of projects. In recent years I have lead multiple rollouts across geographies to deliver projects that leverage the best of a company’s capabilities while keeping in line with industry best practices.
Here is a short summary of assignments that I have worked on:
1. Business analyst and Solution Architect at Apple Inc – Cupertino, US (October 2008 – Present)
2. Functional Lead at The GAP Inc – San Francisco, US (June 2007 – September 2008)
3. Functional Lead and Onsite Coordinator at Motorola Inc – Flensburg, Germany (September 2006 – May 2007)
4. WMS Development Team Lead at Motorola Inc – Bangalore, India (October 2005 – August 2006)
5. WMS Support Team Member and Onsite Lead at Motorola Inc – Flensburg, Germany (August 2004 – September 2005)
6. WMS Support Team Member at Motorola Inc – Bangalore, India (December 2003 – July 2004)
Packages and Technical proficiencies
1. Oracle Integrated Operational Planning Fusion Edition (Oracle Enterprise Performance Management Suite)
2. Kinaxis RapidResponse
3. i2 Buying and Assortment Manager (i2 Suite For Retail Agile Business Platform)
4. Sterling Commerce Yantra Warehouse Management system
5. MS office suite (Excel, Powerpoint, Visio), Omnigraffle, Keynote (Mac)
6. SQL, PL/SQL
7. UNIX scripting
8. Microsoft Visual Basic
Global Supplier Forecast Automation at Apple Inc (July 2011 – Present)
The purpose of this project is to build a Supply Chain Visibility solution to enable Apple to collaborate with their global supply partners. At the core of this solution is the tool Oracle Integrated Operational Planning that generates a global supplier forecast that is used by the Apple Procurement group to develop and review component requirement forecasts to share with Apple’s supply partners. The Apple procurement managers can also review supply partner’s commitments to manage supply availability and resolve shortages
Responsibilities and Highlights
• I work with Apple Worldwide Procurement group to define a global scalable process for supplier collaboration
• Review business requirements, and prepare functional requirement specifications and high-level system solution documents. This involves analysis of the systems, data and processes at Apple and its manufacturing partners
• Analyze the systems and processes at Apple’s procurement managers and supply partners, and create solutions to bring all supply partners to a common platform
• Prepare high-level design documents for system solution implementation. This includes gathering data elements and business rules, and use them as part of system solution
• Prepare business system models using Oracle Integrated Operational Planning tool. The business models encapsulates the process and inherent calculations that are used to derive the component requirement forecasts
• Perform system configuration in Oracle Integrated Operational planning tool to implement user access, security, scheduled tasks etc.
• Design and prepare excel VB reports that are integrated with Oracle Integrated Operational Planning tool
• Prepare system test plans, IT test plan and business use cases
Clear To Build Automation at Apple Inc (July 2010 – June 2011)
The purpose of this project was to build a Supply Chain Visibility solution to enable Apple to collaborate with their manufacturing and material supply partners. At the core of this solution is the tool Kinaxis RapidResponse that generates a Clear To Build report that is used by the Apple Operations and Materials groups to identify, review component material availability and resolve shortages
Responsibilities and Highlights
• I worked with Apple Worldwide Materials group to define a global scalable process for supplier collaboration across all manufacturing sites
• Review business requirements, and prepare functional requirement specifications and high-level system solution documents. This involved analysis of the systems, data and processes at Apple and its manufacturing partners
• Analyzed the systems and processes at Apple’s manufacturing partners, and create solutions to bring all manufacturing partners and their suppliers to a common platform
• Interacted with Apple’s external manufacturing partners to analyze their manufacturing process. Modeled these processes and related within Clear To Build solution
• Defined data elements to be captured from manufacturing partners to perform Clear To Build calculation
• Prepared high-level design documents for system solution implementation. This includes gathering data elements and business rules, and use them as part of system solution
• Prepared system test plans, IT test plan and business use cases
• Performed design, development of solutions within Kinaxis RapidResponse. This involves using tool configurations and data modeling, creation of custom tables, workbooks and alerts to modify and report data
• Design data interfaces for loading source data into RapidResponse
• I also led configuration setup in RapidResponse like site setup, scheduling system tasks, performing system backups etc.
• Designed system solution to support Clear To Build for products built across multiple sites. Complexity factors included BOM structures at different sites, transit and safety stock offsets and demand signal actualization
• Designed system solution to address component number mapping discrepancies between Apple and manufacturing partner systems. This solution has helped to significantly reduce E&O
• Designed and implemented solution for introducing new parts, vendors and BOM components directly into RapidResponse for inclusion in clear to build planning
• I interacted closely with the business team to aid in solution explanation and analysis of system inputs/outputs like component demand based on BOM structures, supply analysis, system generated receipt plans and actualization of demand
• I led a team of 10+ members as functional expert, providing system solution design, business use cases and performing design reviews
Finished Good Product Allocation Planning at Apple Inc (October 2008 – June 2010)
The purpose of this project is to build a custom finished good product allocation-planning tool that can be implemented across all of Apple’s sales channels and geographical regions. The tool enables regional and worldwide planners to review demand and supply forecasts, configure allocation methods and priorities and publish the planned allocations to the external SAP GATP system
Responsibilities and Highlights
• I worked extensively with the Apple Operations Planning Decision Support team to define system requirements. Designed modules and components to capture business processes and tasks performed by planners
• Responsible for delivering business process analysis and delivering solution design among rapidly changing user requirements and tight timelines
• Designed supply and demand projection rules for worldwide and regional planners
• Designed the user configurable allocation parameters that are used in the allocation planning
• As part of implementation team, I was closely involved in the design, development and test phases. I prepared the functional requirement specifications for the 20+ end user screens and their functionality
• Prepared high level design documents for demand, supply, allocation and allocation execution modules
• Functional lead for a team size of 15+ members
• Provided conceptualization and high level design of the core supply allocation algorithm
• Prepared system test plans, IT test plans and business use cases
• Designed features to provide flexibility for worldwide planners to derive demand, supply projections and resulting allocation plans at any level in the product or sales channel hierarchy. This feature successfully modeled existing processes and resulted in early adoption by worldwide planners
• Designed solution to model allocation planning for indirect customers sourcing via distributors
• Managed business support during implementation rollouts across products and regions
Pre-Season Assortment Planning at The GAP Inc (June 2007 – September 2008)
This project was part of a multi-step business transformation Initiative undertaken by Gap Inc. The scope included implementation of pre-season assortment planning process using i2 Buying and Assortment Manager tool
Responsibilities and Highlights
• I played a functional lead role for the POC / Pilot phase of the project
• The objective of POC was to validate statistical inputs provided by Operations Strategy group. These inputs and other transactional and master data were modeled into i2 BAM. The resulting plans were analyzed and compared with actual sales data. This would determine the quality of inputs and necessary refinements to the inputs
• Interacted with Gap business SMEs to understand existing processes and model the POC requirements
• Responsible for project tracking, scheduling and updates to business stakeholders
• Worked with cross functional teams to understand legacy systems and created specifications to extract required data
• Executed the data load into i2 Buying and Assortment Manager as per the data model and data load requirements
• Worked with business SMEs to define and executed POC business use cases and data load iterations
• Worked with business teams to validate outputs against historical sales data and historical demand forecasts
• Iteratively configured input parameters to i2 Buying and Assortment manager to tune the outputs closer to actual sales
• Performed the POC across all GAP Inc brands viz. Banana Republic, Old Navy, GAP Outlet, GAP Online and GAP. Derived specific input parameters for each GAP Inc brand based on their business model and POC results
• Developed template processes for data extraction, loading and validation for future POCs
Warehouse Management System at Motorola Inc (December 2003 – June 2006)
This project was an undertaking to implement the Sterling Commerce Yantra Distribution Center System to perform the Warehouse Management functions at Motorola’s Distribution Center and the Manufacturing facility in Flensburg, Germany
Responsibilities and Highlights
• I performed in multiple roles during the course of my assignment, and was involved in all project lifecycle stages
• I was the onsite coordinator positioned at the Distribution Center facility, with responsibility to interface with business teams and design system solutions for improvement of the pick, pack, ship and VAS services.
• I was responsible to plan, track and deliver system enhancements, while a managing a team of 6+ members
• Developed custom module components in Yantra WMS Distribution Center system
• As Production support team lead comprising 5 members, I modeled and setup support processes to effectively track effort, RCA and productivity metrics. Identified and implemented areas in the system and support processes to increase issue prevention and reduce turnaround time for regular maintenance activities. The support track was evaluated at CMM level 5 maturity during my role as support lead.
• Worked as the development team lead for the post production enhancement phase
• Designed solution to optimize the extraction process for inventory movements to the host Order Management system
• Designed solution to integrate outbound processes that significantly reduced the overall shipping turnaround time
• As a production support member and developer, I worked extensively with SQL, PL/SQL and UNIX scripting
CERTIFICATIONS, ACTIVITIES & AWARDS
• Winner of Infosys Project Excellence in Solution and Technology for Finished Good Product Allocation Planning at Apple Inc – 2010
• Active blogger for the Infosys supply chain blog – www.infosysblogs.com/supply-chain
• Overall 3rd rank in Delhi University for Bachelor of Information Technology year 2002-2003
San Jose, CA - apple, ba, software, software developer, primavera,...
Sunnyvale, CA - apple, ui, iphone, was, code, html5, ios, testing,...
Fremont, CA - economics, orders, davis, ms, analysis, apple,...
CEO- Copperpix / Product Manager Apple
Santa Clara, CA - apple, encoder, hadoop, clara, 2006, video,...
San Jose, CA - apple, asia, including, employer, contracting,...
San Francisco, CA - ensure, chain, apple, supply, cm, manufacturing,...
QA linguist localization content review specialist analyst teste
Cupertino, CA - apple, this, tester, bilingual, language,...