|ROBERT E. SCHMEHL
Bradley University, Peoria, Illinois
B.S. BMA - Degree in Business Administration and Management
TechSkills, Tampa, Florida
Earned MC-DBA Certificate - SQL Server 2005
Working on SQL Server 2008 Certificate
Elmhurst College, Elmhurst, Illinois
Worked toward B.A. Degree in Psychology
Price Waterhouse Coopers, Tampa, FL Jan 2011 to Sept. 30, 2011
• Primary brought in as a BI Specialist to assist making changes to existing Reports and development platform.
• Develop reports in Visual Studio and Crystal with some VBA work in Excel modules used to import and export data into a SQL Server DB.
• Emphasis was in Visual Studio SSRS, SSAS and Crystal reports deployed to Report Manager.
• Designed Matrix Reports used throughout the world to submit and review data into a SQL Server DB used by a product called RSAM.
• Consulted in an Architect capacity concerning structure and security of SQL Server DB's.
• PWC used me to develop Stored procedures and create datasets for input to SSRS.
• Used SSIS to import data.
• Used Dynamic SQL for Stored procedures along with T-SQL..
Pratt and Brown, Clearwater, FL Oct 2010 to Nov 2010
• Brought in to Redesign Excel reports in to Report Manager Reports using Visual; Studio and SQL Server 2008. Although this was a short term contract I successfully converted 15 Excel spread sheets into a "Dashboard" portfolio of reports Deployed into Report manager.
• Converted formulas in excel in order to create dynamic SQL in stored procedures.
• Design and created new views in SQL Server 2008.
• SSIS used to transform and load data.
• Used Dynamic SQL and T-SQL.
Verizon, Tampa, FL Mar 2010 to Jun 2010
• Coordinated migration of DB2 programs and Tables to purchasing companies mainframe.
• Converted Cobol and DB2 code from Verizon to Frontier.
• Unit tested JCL/ PROC/ and Code changes
Tampa Electric Company (TECO), Tampa, FL Sep 2007 to Sep 2009
• Supported .NET application while completing MC-DBA course.
• Developed SQL Server reporting application utilizing SSAS, SSRS to develop reports from both SQL and mainframe data sources. Reports were handled in XML format and deployed to report server.
• Utilized in a major code change project which interfaced with mainframe/DB2/SQL Server and .NET programs, applications and data. Aspects of this project included using Visual Studio .NET and major use of SQL Server 2005 including SSRS, SSIS and Some SSAS. I was involved in all aspects of development from analysis to DBA issues.
• Developed SSRS Reports Deployed to SS Report Server using VS and Crystal Reports.
• Developed applications using ASP.NET, C#, VB.NET, and T-SQL on Visual Studio 2005 and 2008
• Developed SSIS objects / projects to import and convert DB2 data to SQL Server tables.
• Designed DSV, Cubes, and Dimension, DMX/MDX for SSAS reports.
• Configured and deployed IIS / .NET report projects/applications.
• Found and corrected VBA code in MS Access applications.
• Used Crystal Reports (from within VS and in native CR) to create managerial reports from ODBC tables in DB2 and SS2005 and 2008.
• Performed SQL Server DBA functions including partitioning, Clustered indexes and set up endpoints.
Verizon, Tampa, FL Jun 2003 to Sep 2007
• Used SQL Server 2000 for DTS packages and used Crystal Reports to develop reports.
• Wrote and maintained SQL Server 2000 system to update mainframe files supplied by UNIX and Oracle system. Used Oracle 10g.
• Used Crystal Reports and Cognos to create managerial reports from ODBC tables in DB2 and SQL Server.
• Ensured monthly cycles ran correctly on five separate systems for a Billing Revenue Information System (BRIS).
• Ensured monthly closing jobs ran for each system. The data from this system was used for compensation information for sales personnel and generating files for many downstream systems.
• Developed new programs for a UNIX based system on an as needed basis. BRIS incorporated COBOL, DB2, and SQL Server 2000 as well as many mainframe and windows utilities.
• Traveled to user sites to update and enhance revenue integrity.
• Responsible for writing testing design documents and coordinating UAT changes made to BRIS.
• Worked with end-users and SME's to develop test scripts. Used GUI to verify data from portal and used SQL server to develop DTS packages using T-SQL
• Developed mainframe to UNIX server programs to provide UNIX files via mainframe FTP.
• Provided strategic and analytical development support for downsizing Mainframe system.
• Wrote DTS packages for Oracle databases using PL/SQL.
• Worked with offshore and domestic development team to develop tables and views for QA purposes on migrated system data.
• Maintained and supervised maintenance of 130 COBOL II programs and JCL for 5 separate mainframe systems.
UniCare, Sarasota, FL Nov 1999 to Apr 2001
• Consulted as Analyst/Programmer using ACCUCOBOL in a UNIX environment.
• Maintained and developed new programs for the medical field specifically
• Medicaid Remittance Billing using EDS formats.
• Reported directly to Vice President of Operations.
• Analyzed and developed fixes for programs written in ACCUCOBOL.
• Analyzed data and tested system using UNIX.
Similar ResumesMicrosoft Business Intelligence Specialist (SSIS, SSAS, and SSRS)
- ssas, ssis, ssrs, post office, ksa, data migration,...Sr sql server ssis/ssrs/ssas developer
- develper, ssas, ssis, ssrs, tfs, tsql, worthington,...SSIS/SSRS/SSAS/Sql server developer
- bpc, ssas, server developer, ssis, ssrs,...SSIS ETL Developer
- informatica developer, informatica, datawarehouse,...SQL Server BI Developer
- bi developer, ssas, txt, ssis, ssrs,...Project Manager Management Quality Assurance Business
- datawarehousing, datawarehouse, etl, websphere,...ECM Specialist / Oracle Developer
Holly Springs, NC
- enterprise content management, enterprise content,...Sr mssql server developer /ssas/ssrs
- ssas, actuate, ssis, ssrs, tfs, mssql, etl,...Senior ETL Consultant
- business analysis, initio, movement, teradata,...Business Analyst/QA
- enterprise content management, enterprise content,...