|**** ******* **. 972-***-****
Dallas TX ***** email@example.com
• Experienced in database development and maintenance with good SQL skills, Version Control Systems.
• Skilled in developing SRS documents, formal project plans, software test plans and test cases.
• Experienced in Scrum, Agile Software Development Methodologies, stages of SDLC.
• Cisco Certified Network Associate with 97.9 %, Certified MCP for SQL Server
Masters of Science, Software Engineer University of Texas at Dallas Jan06-Dec07 GPA : 3.6
Bachelor of Technology, Computer Science Punjab Technical University, India Aug01-June05 GPA : 3.85
Operating Systems Solaris, Windows Server 2003, Red Hat
Web Technologies ASP, JSP, HTML, XML
Databases MS SQL Server 2000/2005, MS Access, MySQL
Documentation/Design/Reporting Tools MS-Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, Project, Outlook, Lotus Notes
Case Tools Rational Rose 2002, JUDE
S/W Testing Tools
Misc. Autotester, xsuds, Proteum
Agile development, SDLC, Data Warehousing
Advanced Algorithm and Analysis
Software Architecture and Design
Telecom. Network Mgmt. Object Oriented Analysis & Design
Software Testing, Valid. & Verification
Software Project Planning & Mgmt. Database Management Systems
Advanced Software Engineering
Content Pilot, Dallas Business Analyst/PM Jan 08 – Present
• Worked as a Project Manager for a web and windows based application for signature creator from xls spreadsheets in multiple file formats.
• Setting up of the company Wiki to be used by the current and future employed for reference.
• Worked with the clients to capture the business process and functional and non-functional requirements for developing web sites/web based applications for law firms.
• Managed the Database server (My SQL and MS SQL Server) on the production server.
• Played an important role in the development of http://www.linowes-law.com, http://www.goulston.com, http://www.dwt.com, http://www.coxsmith.com/, http://www.jmbm.com.
• Implemented & managed the Bug Tracking System OnTime.
• Implemented the managed/scheduled the backup server “Symantec Backup Exec”
• Administered the UNIX production server.
• Administered the Tortoise Subversion for source code management.
• Implementation and administering the Analytics Server.
• Managing the companies PBX phone system.
• Managed the companies MSDN and other software needs.
Aegis Tech, Dallas Project Manager August 07– Jan 08
• Worked as a Project Manager for desktop application and Web based application.
• Played an important role in the analysis and development of web sites.
• Network administration and Web Site hosting for the clients.
ESTECH System, Plano Software Engineer/Busineess Analyst Dec 06 to Aug 07
Supported and maintained software’s developed in C, C++, Visual Basic, Access and Crystal Reports. Tested the software, managed the COM Add-ins integration with Microsoft Outlook.
• Designed and maintained COM add-in for outlook to communicate with the PBX phone system.
• Use-Case analysis to clarify requirements. Modeled designs using Rational Rose to create UML diagrams.
• Developed presentations to illustrate system changes and progress; developed project documentation.
• Managed the source code using version control system, PVCS.
Alliance F Infotech, New Delhi Business Analyst Jan 05 to Dec 05
Assisted in the management of multiple client projects and maintenance of a java application
• Maintained and enhanced a web application in java with back end in SQL server.
• Used Use-Case analysis to clarify requirements, Prepared SRS document and Generated RTM.
• Modeled designs using Rational Rose to create UML class, Sequence, Collaboration and Activity diagrams.
• Interface between client and development team, conducted regular meetings for change identification.
• Helped develop accurate and complete test plans and conduct testing, Coordinated UAT.
• Assisted in the prioritization of multiple tasks effectively, enforcement of project deadlines and schedules.
HFCL Connect, Mohali, Punjab Software Engineer Intern May 03 to Aug 03
Library Management System using Visual Basic and SQL.
• Gathered requirements, produced SRS.
• Created Database in SQL server and connected to the application.
• Tested the application for bug identification and fixes, if any; documented the User Manual.
Meeting scheduler Web Application (Fall 2006)
• Gathered requirements, produced SRS for designing an online meeting scheduler.
• Prepared SRS document, Generated RTM, Developed prototype UI's in MS Visio; WYSIWYG
Planned and managed E-Commerce Web App (Spring 2007)
• Planned, managed and executed enterprise level e-commerce application.
• Performed Cost -Time Analysis while traversing the SDLC.
• Used Microsoft Project 2007 to generate WBS, Gantt chart, network diagrams, Critical Path Analysis, Scorecards, and other features to effectively manage the project.
• Risk Identification and Analysis using Qualitative and Quantitative models.
• Submitted timely status reports regarding the schedule, budget, time and other issues
Database Project using SQL, XML (Summer 2006)
• Utilized SQL to create, update, insert, delete and join data from database table and writing queries to fetch required data from the database.
• Designed an XML Schema for an Online DVD store
• Worked with DTS – SQL 2000 and SSIS – SQL Server 2005
Application to access knowledge source using Java and Rational Rose (UML) (Fall 2006)
Used UML to plan the project before the programming phase in Rational Rose, MS VISIO and JUDE
• Use Case Modeling, Class Diagrams, Interaction Diagrams (Sequence and Collaboration diagrams).
• Created State-chart, Activity Diagrams, Physical diagrams(Component and Deployment diagrams).
Microminer+, Web Search Engine (Summer 2006)
Description: Developed a Key Word in Context (KWIC) indexing system to be used for web search engine utilizing Java, Apache Tomcat and an Applet that is accessible through an HTML file.
Testing Tools (Fall 2006)
• To create a complete test plan according to the IEEE standard
• Used AutoTesterONE for Black box testing and xsuds, Proteum for white box testing.
• Basic knowledge about Load Runner and Win Runner.
• President, Cultural Association, MIMIT India (2004)
• Head of the Finance and Marketing Team for festivals at MIMIT, India (2004)
• Member of the Indian Student Association at UTD (2006-2007)
• International Student Volunteer at University of Texas at Dallas (2006)
Similar ResumesBusiness Analyst with Project Management experience
irving, TX - business analyst, j2ee, java, engineer, scrum, etl,...Technical Business Analyst
Dallas, TX - business analyst, qa, developer, programmer,...Customer Service Mechanical Computer Automotive
Douglasville, GA - mechanical, automotive, kevin, ga, java, free, oil,...Business Analyst/QA
Stafford, TX - business analyst, sap, bw, j2ee, etl, sap bw,...Business Analyst Project Manager Houston Texas
Sugar Land, TX - business analyst, developer, houston texas,...Project Manager Development Java Management Sales
Plano, TX - java, developer, es, scrum, agile, bae, civil, api,...Software Engineer
Austin, TX - soa, software developer, ruby, developer, engineer,...Java Developer - 6 years
United States - java developer, software developer, developer,...Senior IT Professional
United States - crm, dba, oracle, implementation, panel, cost,...JOHN COOK
Boulder, CO - saturn, scrum, embedded, business analyst,...