ROBERT WHELAN ** Colonial Blvd.
West Haven, CT. *6516
(W) email@example.com (H) firstname.lastname@example.org
Linked In: http://www.linkedin.com/pub/robertwhelan/a/56a/14b
- Project Management
- Process Improvement
- Budget Planning and Cost Control
- Technical Requirements
- Product Management
- Customer Service
PITNEY BOWES 1996 - Present
Product Launch Manager 8/2010 - Present
Responsible for all aspects of customer service in support of mailing solutions product lines, ensuring the serviceability and profitability.
- Responsible for all aspects of managing product lifecycle service support.
- Accountable for ensuring positive revenue stream of all service level agreements/contracts. This included the development of both content and pricing and forecasting revenue.
-Responsible for leading all product service related core and cross functional teams.
- Provide critical input on new product design, performance, overall evaluation and technical documentation.
- Coordinated and conducted onsite BETA testing and customer simulations.
- Developed technical training plans, strategy, and objectives.
- Reviewed and provided feedback on business cases, market requirement definitions, and other related product launch material.
Project Manager 5/2005 – 8/2010
Program management and cross functional coordination of International Systems Engineering & Global Postal Solutions deliverables.
- Indirectly controlled a 3.5 million dollar budget for Global Postal Solutions
- Indirectly managed development schedules, project prioritization and global deployment for a cross-functional team of over 50 onshore and off-shore resources.
- Engineering interface on global core team.
- Defined and gathered requirements and created technical documentation for both development and test activity/support.
- Served as primary contact for global postal authorities/contacts.
- Developed and implemented process improvements in the requirements, test, deployment, and development cycles.
- 2007 PB One Award recipient, the highest recognition available to a PBI employee. Acknowledged for improving productivity in Q1 by over 16%, and helping PB gain over $60 million in revenue in the UK and US for 2006 and 2007.
Senior Field Product Specialist 8/1996 – 5/2005
Customer facing role, responsible for providing product installation, service, and training on all PB products. Core focus was on customer retention, customer satisfaction, and channeling new business to the sales organization.
New Standard Institute 5/2000 – 8/2001
Maintained company website, and researched potential web advertising opportunities. Researched website activity to improve on future tie-ins with search engine rankings. Developed site activity charts to display clientele growth and develop/maintain new/old contacts. Planned web based advertising strategy promoting company seminars and submitting information to external websites.
UNIVERSITY OF NEW HAVEN, New Haven, CT.
Masters: Business Administration, May 2010
SOUTHERN CONNECTICUT STATE UNIVERSITY, New Haven, CT.
Bachelor of Science: Liberal Studies (Minors in Computer Science, Education, Management), May 2000
- Six Sigma Yellow Belt
- Comp/TIA A+ & Network+ Certified
- IBM Rational (Clear Quest, ClearCase)
- PTC Windchill PDMLink
- MS Office Suite, MS SharePoint, MS Windows 9x/2000/XP/7
Customer Service Medical Billing
Waterbury, CT - colonial, crew, exp, medical billing, store,...
Customer Service Sales
New York, NY - colonial, domingo, maria, french, sales associate,...
Human Resources Sales
Springfield, MA - colonial, recruiting, nov, flint, sep, developing,...
Customer Service Office
Newport News, VA - colonial, va, foundation, years, nelson, thomas,...
High School Vice President
Colonial Heights, VA - colonial, mm, chester, va, apply, abilities,...
Data Entry Manager
Massapequa, NY - colonial, interpreter, animation, accounting,...
Manager Human Resources
Bellport, NY - colonial, nursing home, purchasing,...