AKILAH RONE*** ***** ***** **, *******
, Alabama 35757256-***-****
Lead Video Conferencing & Multimedia Technician 4
CUSTOMER SUPPORT SPECIALIST
Skilled and accomplished technical professional with broad and deep knowledge and experience in all facets of Information Technologies. Proven performer with talents and abilities forged in challenging international assignments. Demonstrated ability to successfully manage a heavy workload of shifting priorities. A poised, effective presenter and natural leader with excellent communication skills and the ability to quickly build rapport with diverse audiences. Strong analytical skills; adept at rapidly diagnosing the heart of a problem and providing a solution. Areas of expertise include:
• System & Network Administration
• Technical Training & Support
• Project Management
• VTC Operations & Administration
• Network Diagnostic / Troubleshooting
• Communication & Presentation
Networks: Tandberg, Polycom, Aethra, Adtran, ISDN, H323, H320, LAN, WAN
Platforms: Windows, UNIX, Mac OS, Linux
Tools: KIV7, KIV7M, MS Exchange, XP and POP email systems, Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint
Lead Video Conferencing & Multimedia Technician 4 2011-Present
BOEING Huntsville, AL
Currently holds Secret Clearance
Leads a broad range of systems and application support activities for video teleconferencing (VTC) and site conference room projection systems. Develops and coordinates the final design requirements of audio-visual architecture for conference. Performs a broad range of systems, application and troubleshooting support activities for video teleconferencing (VTC) and site conference room projection (multimedia) systems. Assesses conference room and VTC requirements. Coordinates activities to design, install, configure and maintain conference room and VTC/multimedia systems and components. Supports the restoration of audio and video operations. Ensures scheduling of video teleconferencing and security of information and systems. Performs asset acquisition and management. Evaluates software and hardware to ensure compatibility with VTC/mulitmedia computing systems. Ensures system conforms to architectural objectives, production readiness and supportability. Performs VTC/multimedia customer training development and processes, training plans, requirements, materials and media development, aids, scheduling and course assessment/feedback. Provides comprehensive multimedia computing support in closed environments. Makes customers and their needs a primary focus of one's actions as a project team leader; develops and sustains productive customer relationships as they relate to project team leadership responsibilities; actively seeks information to understand customers' circumstances, problems, expectations, and needs; presents project level information to customers to build their understanding of issues and capabilities; considers how project level actions or plans will affect customers; responds quickly to meet customer needs and resolve problems; assists other project team leaders in implementing ways to monitor and evaluate customer concerns, issues, and satisfaction and to anticipate customer needs.
Key Projects and Achievements:
• Applies extensive knowledge of communications and network test (e.g. sub-system, system, installation, performance, operational, built-in test, qualification, acceptance). Knowledge of test methodologies for voice and data networks and communications equipment.
• Has extensive ability to work across the enterprise, model and analyze data from a computing technical and total business viewpoint, and integrate into an overall computing system and application systems architecture. Extensive ability to connect the networking, processing, and data management that provides the most effective computing infrastructure.
• Shows knowledge of the security of architecture, electronic data communications, network/data, electronic commerce, and other related areas to provide computing security and integration services to company computer users and customers. Interfaces with the appropriate government agencies, customers, suppliers, and company personnel in order to facilitate implementation of protective mechanisms and to ensure understanding of and compliance with computing security requirements.
• Has advanced, specialized knowledge of video teleconferencing and multimedia operations
Sr. Field Service Supervisor 2005- 2011
INTECON Balad/Baghdad, Iraq
VTC Systems & Network Supervisor 2004- 2005
ITT INDUSTRIES Bagram, Afghanistan
(Held the same roles and performed the same functions for these for two military contractors)
Supervises day-to-day operations of multiple classified and unclassified Video Teleconferences (VTC/DVSG), including scheduling, technical support, and customer service. Ensures that operations and schedules run smoothly without technical problems through proactive maintenance. Works directly with customers on 24/7 availability, delivering the highest levels of service necessary to meet critical communications needs in complex locations with daily technical challenges.
Performs VTC/multimedia customer training development and processes, training plans, requirements, materials and media development, aids, scheduling and course assessment/feedback. Provides comprehensive multimedia computing support in closed environments. Makes customers and their needs a primary focus of one's actions as a project team leader; develops and sustains productive customer relationships as they relate to project team leadership responsibilities.
Responsible for diagnostic, troubleshooting, and resolution of computer system and software application problems to minimize system and equipment down time. Responds to customer inquiries applying knowledge of computer software applications, hardware, and associated procedures. Identifies, installs and maintains network hardware, software and network products that are required in support of LAN applications.
Coordinates maintenance of network computers and peripherals. Troubleshoots network hardware to computer level and effects repairs through network diagnostic software. Serves as Software Manager for the LAN. Maintained inventory and copyright control of network versions of software and served as focal point for all end user requests for ADP support through the HELP DESK.
Key Projects and Achievements:
• Experienced with the knowledge of effective management of a service desk in support of customers in an information technology (IT) environment, to included trouble ticketing tools customer service, infrastructure deployment and system administration.
• Mastered the principles and processes of identification, collection and production of performance metrics and reports, plans, policies and procedures.
• Independently prepared command conferences for routine and special video teleconferences involving forward-deployed subordinate divisions throughout the Middle East.
• Mastered the operation of the AMX Touch Panel Screen and Creston Audio/Video router.
• Experienced with DISN/DVSG. Installed software and set up equipment for Tandberg, Polycom and Aerthra systems, including MCU, Gateways, T120, H320 and H323 protocols, and COMSEC devices.
• Developed programs, policies and procedures for improving the quality of videoconferencing services.
• Built a strong team that improved systems uptime, delivering fewer dropped calls while increasing the rate of calls completed by 45%.
Computer Systems & Network Administrator, UNITED STATES ARMY 1998 – 2004
System Administrator & Multimedia Technician
Served as a systems administrator ensuring the confidentiality, integrity, and availability of systems, networks, and data through the planning, analysis, development, implementation, maintenance, and enhancement of information systems, security programs, policies, procedures, and tools.
Ensured the confidentiality, integrity, and availability of systems, networks, and data through planning, analysis, development, implementation, maintenance, and enhancement of information systems, security programs, policies, procedures, and tools. Developed and staffed Information Assurance (IA) plans, policies and procedures to ensure information systems reliability and accessibility to prevent and defend against unauthorized access to systems, networks, and data.
Evaluated and recommended adoption of new information technology security methods that will enhance capabilities. Implemented modifications to minimize vulnerabilities; troubleshoots security threats and vulnerabilities in response to incident reports; identifies and isolates problems sources; and recommends solutions or corrects problems.
Key Projects and Achievements:
• Administered IA security certification and accreditation requirements and network operations and protocols to study, monitor, investigate, evaluate, assess and remedy identified and potential security vulnerabilities, threats, and compliance problems.
• Assisted the network analyst in determining overall network performance, response, and points of failure/bottleneck.
• Analyzed server configurations, end user demands and network communications to identify potential trouble spots and performed network administration duties.
• Implemented a new IA guidelines and tracking system for the company which was adopted as the standard for the 112th Signal Battalion.
• Served as senior leader on deployments.
EDUCATION AND TRAINING
Bachelor of Science – Computer Systems
American InterContinental University Hoffman Estates, IL