MARGARET ANN DOSSIE M.S.B.S. PA-C**** **** ******** *****
Chesterfield, Virginia 23832
email@example.com (804) ***-****
A position as a Physician Assistant in a private practice, clinic, or hospital setting.
EDUCATION and CERTIFICATION
University of Toledo Health Science Campus, Toledo, Ohio, 2007
Master of Biomedical Science in Physician Assistant Studies
University of Toledo, Toledo, Ohio, 2005 (graduated cum laude)
Bachelor of Science, Biology/Premed
Bachelor of Science, Psychology
• Virginia Physician Assistant Licensure Valid thru Oct. 2013
• Tennessee Physician Assistant Licensure Valid thru Oct. 2012
• Ohio Physician Assistant Certificate to Practice Valid thru Jan. 2012
• Ohio Physician Assistant Certificate to Prescribe Valid thru Jan. 2012
• National Commission on Certification of Physician Assistants Valid thru Dec. 2012
• Basic Life Support for Healthcare Providers Valid thru June 2011
• Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support Valid thru June 2011
• Controlled Substance Registration Certificate Valid thru June 2012
Bethel University/ Student Health Center, McKenzie, TN 2010 - 2011
Assistant Professor of PA Studies & Physician Assistant at Student Health Center
• Participated in the development of the mission statement for the Program
• Participated in the selection of applicants for admission to the program
• Provided student instruction & evaluated student performance
• Counseled and advised students regarding academic matters
• Participated in the design, implementation, and evaluation of the curriculum
• Performed clinical site visits
• Assisted with administration and evaluation of the Program
• Worked with the Student Health Director and McKenzie Medical Center to make a smooth transition of care for those patients referred to their service
• Assessed patients medical conditions, diagnosed, planned therapy, and prescribed medications for a variety of non-emergent medical conditions
• Provided a bi-annual educational seminar for the Bethel University Wellness Program
• Participated in the Bethel University annual health fair
• Maintained all records utilizing HIPPA guidelines
• Updated a mission statement, goals/objectives, standing orders and protocols for the Student Health Clinic annually
Community Quick Care/Community Health Partners, Vermilion, Ohio 2009 - 2010
Physician Assistant in Family Medicine & Urgent Care
• Opened Community Health Partners’ first Quick Care walk-in clinic. Member of planning committee offering recommendations on necessary supplies and equipment prior to opening.
• Assessed patients medical conditions, diagnosed, planned therapy, and prescribed medications for a variety of non-emergency medical conditions for ages four months and up.
• Initiated and maintained positive relationships while demonstrating a professional demeanor with patients and family members.
• Maintained all medical records using NextGen software including the EMR (electronic medical records) and EPM (enterprise practice management) modules.
The Toledo Clinic, Toledo, Ohio 2008 – 2009
Physician Assistant in Family Medicine
• Performed full range of family medicine services for all age groups. Obtained medical history; performed physical exams; determined need for and ordered appropriate lab tests; interpreted results; and determined diagnosis and prognosis to initiate appropriate treatment and follow up.
• Served as the primary care practitioner for the medical management of patients. Provided complete and appropriate instructions to patients and families regarding medications, therapy, and follow up plans.
• Administered medications and dosages and assessed and documented patient response to medications.
• Documented plan of care and care given in patient’s clinical record.
• Consulted with physician as needed when patients returned with the same unresolved complaint.
American Academy of Physician Assistants, Member, 2008 – Present
Tennessee Academy of Physician Assistants, Member, 2010 – Present
Virginia Academy of Physician Assistants, Member 2011 – Present
• Nextgen • KBM 7.7 • SPSS Statistical Analysis
• SOAPware • Epocrates Essentials • Microsoft Office Suite
• IC Chart • Fluent in Spanish • Internet Explorer
References Available Upon Request