Jonni Smotherman**** *** *** **** ****
Owens Cross Roads, Alabama 35763(256) ***-****
• Microsoft Office 2007
• Solid Works 2007
• SmarTeam V5R16
• Microsoft Visual Developer 2008
• MATLAB/Simulink – Certificate
• AutoCAD 2009
Aug. 2000 to present: Mechanical Engineer
Northrop Grumman Corporation, Madison, AL
Manufacturing Engineer – Integrated Platform Solutions June, 2008 – Present
• Design sequence of operations and specific procedures for integration of equipment and routing of cables
• Designed and developed a user-friendly website for Work Instructions
• Write and review manufacturing work instructions
• Ensure processes and procedures are in compliance with regulations
• Implement manufacturing processes and procedures for assemblies, equipment processing, and material handling
• Verify tooling and shop aide accuracy
• Create and maintain MBOMs
• Create and maintain routers in SAP. Adjusting work centers and associating them to routers.
• Create master production schedule and configuration control in SAP.
• Participate in the Change Review Board (CRB) committee which discusses production drawing changes
• Establish production time and standards for scheduling
• Reconcile as-built configurations to engineering for delivery to the customer
• Responsible for closing Corrective and Preventive Action Items
• Responsible for managing the ROMS database for GCV proposal
Engineering Design Checker – Integrated Platform Solutions April, 2004 – June, 2008
• Examined engineering drawings for completeness, clarity, and dimensional accuracy; correct material and processes; conformity to design and drafting standards, design specifications and practicability.
• Organized Change Review Board committee and meetings
Design Engineer – Integrated Platform Solutions August, 2000 – April, 2004
• Investigated pertinent design factors such as ease of manufacture, availability of materials and equipment, interchangeability, replace ability, strength-weight efficiency, and contractual specification requirements and cost.
• Coordinated with other organizations affected by design development.
• Detailed parts of devices, mechanisms, and structures.
• Checked completed layouts and drawings for clarity, completeness, conformity to standards, procedures, specifications, and accuracy of calculations and dimensioning.
• Identified design errors, omissions, and other deficiencies, and recommends revisions and/or improvements in design layout to responsible engineers or designers
• Security Clearance: Secret (Inactive, January, 2010)
Oct. 1994 to Aug. 2000: Mechanical Engineer
Boeing/McDonnell Douglas Huntsville, AL
Engineer/Scientist II –
• Design of aerospace hardware for International Space Station Node 1, Delta IV and NMD/LSI.
• Design in accordance with ANSI Y14.5 1982. All designs are purposed on Unigraphics II 3D solid modeling.
Oct. 1993 to Oct. 1994: CAD Operator/Detailer
Wright K Technology Decatur, AL
CAD operator/Detailer -
• Prepared detail drawings to scale from basic engineering drawings, layouts, and sketches.
• Established procedures, specifications, and work instructions
• Performed Time Studies on assembly line production and machinery
Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering – University of Alabama in Huntsville, Huntsville, Alabama