NILUFAR AKTER**** ****** ***
Bronx, NY *****
To obtain a position where I can utilize my education and experience to provide safe, effective, and competent patient care and also experience the opportunities for professional growth and development in the hospital setting.
Sept 2008-Oct 2009 Wood Tobe-Coburn School New York, NY
AOS Medical Assistant
Dec 2004-June 2008 Stevenson High School Bronx, NY
March 2010-February 2012 Dr. Lawrence Neshiwat Yonkers, NY
Medical Assistant Internal Medicine
• Run diagnostic screening test including EKG, Hearing exams, Blood drawing, Bone scan, Spirometry, Doppler exam, Urine analysis, and vital sign.
• Assured that examination rooms are clean, well organized, and supplies well stocked.
• Prepare needed instruments and equipment for the examination or treatment procedures.
• Glance through the patient’s medical chart to assure it is complete.
• Register new patients and assist with form completion
• Enter patient data and demographics into a computer database, and maintain and file treatment records
• Make an appointment and call patients with appointment reminders
• Answer phones and route messages and call the pharmacy for prescription order refills and also do an E- Prescribe in to a computer.
• Call insurance company for authorized patient’s medications.
April 2009-June 2009 Riverdale Gastro and Liver Disease New York, NY
• Obtain and record onto patients charts vital signs; temperature, pulse, respirations and blood pressure, manually and using automatic devices. Performed phlebotomy for ordered test and obtained urine and sputum specimens as ordered by Physician and Nurse Practioner. Certified to perform EKG, and other procedures as ordered with in my scope of practice, prepared treatment rooms for examination and or test of patients.
• Handed instruments and materials to the Physician and Nurse Practioner as directed.
• Provide and maintain patient privacy and confidentiality adhering to HIPPA policy as stated by the institution.
Special Skills: Fluent in two languages Bengali and Hindi, Microsoft Word.
References will be furnished upon request