|Albert Yanez Sr.
**** ********* **** | Santa Clara, Ca. 95051 | (Cell) 209-***-**** | email@example.com
SENIOR OPERATING & GENERAL MANAGEMENT EXECUTIVE
$50 - $600 million P&L responsibility in the high-tech industry combined with strong strategic and implementation expertise in global operations, fiscal management, and new business development. Expert at scaling operations, planning/executing mission-critical business initiatives distinguished by triple digit revenue gains and achieving profitability objectives despite facing a rapidly fluctuating global economy.
A strategic Vice President of Operations / General Manager and Supply Chain leader with progressive Lean Manufacturing expertise and proven abilities in removing obstacles to raise profitability. Experience with three new startups, of which two went out as successful IPO’s, with responsibility for design and layout of high volume manufacturing operations, implementation of effective manufacturing process controls and business controls.
Core Competencies & General Management Strengths Include:
• Strategic/Operational Planning & Financial Alignment • Product Design & Cost/Cycle Time Optimization
• Financial Turnarounds & Performance Enhancement • Infrastructure Constraints & Operational Capacity Gaps
• Acquisitions, Joint Ventures & Licensing Agreements • Procurement Capacity Planning
• Divestitures, Asset Liquidations & Cost Containment • Total Quality Control
• Manufacturing Process & Equipment Engineering • Robotics Automation Equipment
• High Speed Thin film Deposition • Complex Electro Mechanical Systems
• Disk Media Manufacturing • Pick & Place Systems
SERIOUS ENERGY INC, Sunnyvale, Ca. MARCH 2007 – Present
Vice President, Worldwide Operations & General Manager
• Pioneering executive that helped create the #1 company in the green Clean Tech sector, recognized by President Obama and Vice-President Biden.
• Company has grown over the last 5 years from $1.5M per year in revenues to approximately $100M per year ($35M through acquisitions).
• Directly responsible for growing margins from 8% to 31%.
• Hold $20 million in P&L with accountability for growing the international manufacturing business unit within this $100 million Saas & Clean Tech building products manufacturing/service company. Transformed a loose group of legacy products into focused systems product line. Integrating all processes and systems and grew organically.
• Developed 3-year roadmap with strategic guidance required to improve financial operations, reduce costs and capitalize on the division’s core competencies.
• Responsibilities for 6 manufacturing plants in the US and Canada, 360 employees and 38 distribution centers
• Increased annual revenues by $25 million and Contribution Margins by 22%. Initiated a new customer service philosophy, with 91% customer satisfaction (previously 67%) within 12 months.
• Established the companies 1st joint venture in China.
• Launched a high margin product and oversaw a sales initiative that now encompasses all 50 states. Effort generated $11 million in sales within the first 9 months, achieved profitability in 7 months of the rollout, and is on target to reach $25 million in total sales by the end of the 1st fiscal year.
• Inventor – Patent #US2009043373 – Improved methods of manufacturing acoustical sound proofing materials with optimized fracture characteristics.
MONIERLIFETILE (LAFARGE COMPANY), Stockton, Ca. MARCH 2003 – 2007
Director of Operations
• Profit and Loss responsibilities for revenues of $400M, 14 manufacturing plants and distribution centers in the US and Mexico. Managed Global Operations, Supply Chain, China Sourcing, Customer Service, Accounting, Safety and Environmental, Quality, New Products and Process Engineering with SAP. Led 1,300 employees with eight direct reports.
• Led a team of 5 design engineers to develop a state of the art manufacturing plant for global deployment.
• Managed $250M capital expansion budget. Designed & built 3 turn-key roof tile manufacturing plants in 2 years. Includes land selection & purchase, land development, equipment design and specification, contract negotiations, training, and commissioning.
Operations Manager (2003 – 2005)
• Increase volume by 20% (9% market demand, 11% operational efficiencies)
• Improved plant contribution margin by 16.2%
• Reduced Cost of Goods Manufactured by 6%
• Improved Safety (OSHA recordable) by 28%
• Reduced Cost of Manufacturing Complaints by 40%
• Reduced employee turnover from 35% to less than 4%
• Increased equipment uptime by 11%
SOUTHWALL TECHNOLOGIES, Palo Alto, Ca. 2001 – 2003
Plant Operations Manager
Southwall designs and produces selective absorption thin film coatings.
P&L responsibility of $50M - $100M. All manufacturing operations including safety, environmental, quality, service, customer satisfaction, ISO-9000 registration, productivity, and cost. Annual expense budget exceeding $10 million; annual capital budget of $1-5 million; 106 employees (84 direct, 12 indirect); plant, property and equipment of $60M million.
• Took over business with four-years of negative earnings and challenged to become profitable within one year. Restructured team, recruited new skills to deliver improved efficiencies, increased productivity, reduced cost and improved yield and achieved profitability within one year.
• Improved gross margins by 8% over 5 quarters on basically flat revenues. On average, 1.6% improvements quarterly.
• Instituted business reengineering design, resulting in a 20% period cost reduction.
• Reduced operating costs by 18%; Reduced DPO by 35%
• Improved value added per employee by 55%; Improved factory utilization 11%
• Reduced customer returns by 4.5%; Improved customer on time delivery by 40%
• Facility performance resulted in making the site the industry low cost producer.
• Achieved 15% capacity increase through process de-bottlenecking.
• Increased operational efficiencies by 15%.
• Improved yields by 7.5%; CpK by 25%
• Initiated and negotiated rebate incentives (state/community grants) of $600K.
HP / MANUFACTURERS SERVICES LTD., San Jose, CA 1999 – 2001
Director of Operations & Process Engineering
Operated in a senior management position and grew the business to become a publicly traded global company.
• Designated as successor to the business unit VP.
• P&L responsibility of $250M. On that revenue stream, we generated approximately 18-20% profit per annum
• Responsible for the technical operations of the HP LaserJet, HP Inkjet, 3COM and PALM Pilot manufacturing sites (2000+ employees).
• Managed start up of three “green field” manufacturing and logistics operations (3 million square feet of mfg. space) to produce consumer electronics. Managed all aspects of factory design, fit-up, recruiting, 3rd party agreements, process definitions, policy development. Ran daily operations in each factory while recruiting, developing and mentoring new management teams. Assigned responsibility for the operations management of company’s highest-volume PCB manufacturing and logistics facility in Salt Lake City (600k sq ft), generating approx. $800M in annual revenue.
• Developed and implemented the strategic business plan for the corporation’s Manufacturing & Logistics division
• Worked with cross functional teams to develop and grow customer relationships with Fortune 100 companies
• Created complex customized customer outsourcing solutions and supporting business agreements / legal contracts
• Grew Logistics division revenues from zero to over $250m and 2,000+ employees in five years, exceeded predicted profit margins, year over year and achieved company’s highest customer satisfaction results for many successive years
• Developed training programs to promote quality, safety and compliance with laws in multiple countries
• Participated in eight due diligence exercises with functional area experts/team members to assess potential acquisitions of manufacturing operations throughout North America, Europe and Asia
WESTERN DIGITAL CORPORATION, Santa Clara, CA 1994 – 1999
(WD Division Divestiture to KOMAG)
SR. MANAGER, MANUFACTURING ENGINEERING & AUTOMATION
• Seasoned manager and innovative individual technical contributor directing Manufacturing Engineering, Equipment Engineering, Automation & Equipment Services for Western Digital Media Division.
• Direct two managers, twenty-two engineers and up to one hundred technical personnel to manage daily technical issues of yield, machine utilization, internal machine build, and customer Failure Analysis.
• Hired to transition WD Media Operation from plating facility to high volume thin film deposition (sputtering) facility. Completed on time and with-in budget. Project was budgeted at $60M.
• Increased production ramp from 2 million to 7 million units per quarter in a three-year time frame, while maintaining yields and utilization to tighter requirements as new equipment, processes and products were introduced.
• Managed acquisition of capital equipment in excess of $60M and department budgets from $22M.
• Designed & Built 3 factories, two in the US and 1 in Penang – Lived abroad
• Manage a engineering team in Germany to design in-house sputtering tools – Lived abroad
HITACHI METALS TRIMEDIA (HMT TECHNOLOGY) - FREMONT, CA 1986 – 1994
Senior Equipment Engineer / Project Manager
Co-Founder of TRIMEDIA (renamed HMT Technology), which went out as a successful IPO. Responsible for the startup of this company from manufacturing layout, design of equipment, both internal and external. Responsible for equipment engineering, manufacturing engineering and maintenance documentation of 3 manufacturing plants, 8 manufacturing departments (150,000 square feet) from Plating through Kiss Buff. Expertise in the areas of Sputter, Texture and Automation of these systems.
• Managed and distributed all workload for 5 to 9 engineers.
• Increased Sputter equipment uptime from 64% to 85%.
• Increased Texture Equipment uptime from 60% to 97%.
• Increased Kiss Buff Equipment uptime from 90% to 95%.
• Increased Wash Equipment uptime from 80% to 98.5%.
• Prepared layout of manufacturing flow and shop floor controls.
• Approval of all drawings and designs from dept. engineers.
• Manage all Automation projects for the above-mentioned areas from inception to completion within budgeted amounts and demanding timelines.
• Designed a "FLEX JOINT" which eliminated robot failures and saved $120,000 annually.
• Construction of two class 10 clean rooms (47,500sq.ft. / 68,000sq.ft.).
ULTRATECH STEPPER, Santa Clara, CA 1985 – 1986
Lead, Field Service Engineer
Responsible for servicing Photolithography equipment producing sub micron geometry. Responsible for supervision and workload distribution of 20 Field engineers. Territory coverage was all customers west of the Mississippi.
• Established a spare parts database in order to ease the frustrations of outside customers as well as internal customers.
• Established in-depth procedures for the Final Test area in order to assure the quality required of the system before shipment.
• Trained new engineers on system repair.
GENERAL INSTRUMENTS, Santa Maria, Ca. 1980 – 1985
Supervisor, Equipment Engineering & Support
Responsible for an annual administrative budget of over $1 million and a staff of 12 electronic / mechanical technicians and 4 equipment engineers for the purpose of maintaining & redesigning Gallium Arsenate semiconductor equipment in 11 different areas.
• Received commendation letter from the President that wrote, "Under (his) leadership, virtually all equipment problems have been improved.”
• Designed an Aluminum etch process which saved 5% in die per wafer material.
• Reduced operating costs from $212,000 to $89,000.
• Re-designed an EPI furnace enabling the company to operate 3 shifts instead of once per week.
• Re-designed the mechanical and electrical control operation of a Perkin Elmer 4410 & 4400 sputtering system resulting in improved up time from 83% to 91%.
Operations Strategy & Supply Chain Strategy Management, 2010
Massachusetts Institute of Technology - Sloan School of Management
Graduate Certificate - Effective Negotiations, 2005
Santa Clara University
Certified PMP Project Manager, 1990
Engineering Management, 1990
San Francisco State University, School Of Business, San Francisco, CA
Heald College, San Jose, CA
Mechanical Engineering, 1984
California Polytechnic, San Luis Obispo, CA
1993, Dale Carnegie Course
1991, HMT - Teams for Excellence Training Program
1992, Business Processes Inc. - Systematic Teamwork
1992, HMT - Project Management Workshop
1990, Statistical Process Control
1990, San Francisco State University, School of Business
Management Skills for Engineers
1991, Zenger Miller - Front-line Leadership
1991, Davis & Dean - Compressed Experience Project Management Workshop
1987, Leadership and Production Goals for High Technology Companies.
Similar ResumesEngineer Engineering Design Manager Experience
Worcester, MA - embedded, defence, engineer, solidworks, php,...VP of Operations
Hamilton, OH - chef, hotel, restaurant, culinary, chief, beverage,...Assistant Security New York Guard Customer Information
Brooklyn, NY - paralegal, dispatcher, guard, security,...2D animator and designer
san francisco, CA - animator, vita, painter, ali, arab, storyboard,...Engineer Developer Java Software New York Oracle
New York, NY - developer, java, j2ee, engineer, android, db2,...Administrative Assistant
Mentone, CA - police, case manager, mental health,...Advertising Sales: Television and digtial platforms
Los Angeles, CA - latin america, segment, sales business, zoom, tele,...Sales Manager Business Management Project Development
North Grafton, MA - business analyst, bmc, cmm, oracle,...Sr Developer & Analyst
Bronx, NY - template, developer, j2ee, java, architect,...Administrative Assistant Quality Control Management
Durham, NH - philippines, quezon, quezon city, bacolod, nh,...