|EDWARD M. BURCH
**** ******* *****, ***** ****, OH. 43123
Phn-614-***-**** Fax-614-***-**** Cell-614-***-****
MS Office, Windows, QUALCOMM, AS-400, DOT Compliance, Fleet Management, Worker’s Compensation, Accident Investigation, Haz Mat, Internal Audits, OSHA Compliance, Forklift Training, Drug and Alcohol Testing and Drug Program, Reasonable Suspicion, MVR reports, Background Checks, IFTA and IRP Registration, Company and Owner/Operator Drivers, Orientation, Training and Recruiting.
Bulk Transport Corporation, Plain City, OH. 04/2006 – 01/2011
• Driver Qualification files, road tests, audit driver logs and violations monthly, and safety meetings
• Accident Investigation, Police accident reports, Insurance reports, Worker’s Comp
• Maintained OSHA Compliance, monitor Qualcomm, wrote Tier II reports for Haz Mat permits, CSA-2010
• Annual License Plate Renewals, Permits to run in the US & Canada
• Driver Random Drug & Alcohol testing, conducted Reasonable Suspicion classes
Brisk Transportation/Transport Industries L.P. Delaware, OH 03/2005 – 03/2006
Company Safety Manager
• Hired, qualified, and maintained driver qualification files and all truck maintenance files.
• Responsible for daily and weekly safety reports, daily visual inspections, monthly drivers meetings, and leadership training for all co-workers.
• Awarded Safety Terminal of the Year for 2005 for lowest accident per million miles ratio.
• Maintained, managed and trained 115 vehicle & Owner/Operators fleet.
• Conducted all accident investigations, drug testing, and Haz Mat communication.
ATC Leasing, Inc., Kenosha, WI / Chillicothe, OH 11/2004 – 03/2005
Field Safety Supervisor
• Taught DOT and OSHA rules and regulations, State and Federal to teamster drivers in multiple locations.
• Responsible for monthly terminal inspections, and weekly training reports.
• Worked reduce worker’s compensation claims by enforcing classroom training and on the road observations.
• Accident Investigation & Reconstruction.
Forward Air, Inc. Hawthorne, CA / Columbus, OH 09/2002 – 09/2004
Western Regional Recruiter
• Responsible for hiring all Western Regional over the road (OTR) Owner/Operators, both solo and teams. Handled all of the OSHA required training in Forklift Operations/Basic Hazardous Material Training, as well as Haz Mat Function Specific Training and reported back to corporate. Acted as an Internal Audit Manager for the VP Western Region in the Regional Headquarters.
• Relocated by company to Operational Hub in Columbus, OH in 2003 to become National OTR Recruiter.
• Responsible for active on the road recruiting OTR driver’s for solo and teams, nationwide. Spend 60 to 70% of time on the road.
Advance Auto Parts, South Glens Falls, NY 11/2001 - 04/2002
Assistant Manager in Training
• Bonded and handled $2,000 to $4,000 daily.
• Performed and supervised on-line training.
• Responsible for ordering, receiving and stocking inventory and conducting internal audits on store’s inventory.
EMBurch Resume cont. page 2
Global Intermodal Systems, Inc., Wilmington, CA 07/1999 - 05/2001
Corporate Safety & Compliance Supervisor
• Supervised 220 sub-contracted drivers and their equipment.
• Maintained registration, maintenance and upkeep of company owned equipment.
• Hired, maintained and audited Driver Qualification files nationwide.
• Handled the company’s IFTA and ICC accounts nationwide.
• Worked closed with law enforcement agencies during audits and inspections of vehicles and terminals.
• Maintained and monitored the company’s drug and alcohol program. Accident Investigation.
Alexander’s Moving and Storage, Tustin, CA 07/1995 - 04/1999
Corporate Safety & Compliance Supervisor
• Responsible for the safe interstate/intrastate movement of 250 companies owned and leased vehicles, as well as 225 sub-contracted drivers.
• Qualified all sub-contracted drivers and their vehicles nationwide.
• Instructed all company employees and maintained all OSHA records, both Federal and State.
• Enforced all Federal and State DOT regulations, as well as company policies.
• Maintained and monitored the company’s drug and alcohol program nationwide.
United States Marine Corps 06/1975 - 07/1995
• Military Policeman; Physical Security Specialist; Crime Prevention Specialist; Criminal Investigator
• Transportation Courier (Sensitive Material); Transportation Administrator
• Analyzed, audited and maintained $1.4M transportation budget.
• Justified $750K in additional funding.
• Increased readiness efficiency from 65% to 97%.
Classes at Barstow/Chaminade University, Honolulu, Hawaii 07/1978
Courses in Police & Fire Science
Attending Columbus State Community College for the Fall 2010 Quarter (BS Criminal Justice)
Successfully completed 2 yr. Conservation & Wildlife Management Course.
Fort Anne Central, Fort Anne, NY 06/1974
High School Diploma
Similar ResumesRisk Control, Loss Control, Loss Prevention
United States - sample, indiana, loss, indianapolis,...Safety Manager CDS
Keene, NH - safety consultant, safety management,...Truck Driver Director Safety Supervisor Experience
Oklahoma City, OK - truck driver, ron, oklahoma, driver, oilfield,...Transportation Safety Manager CDS
Lewiston, ME - safety consultant, safety management,...Transportation Safety and Compliance
San Antonio or Laredo, TX - desert, mechanic, foreman, inspector, army,...Director of Transportation / Fleet / Safety / Maintenance
Oswego, IL - trailer, fleet, truck, arkansas, driver, steve,...Transportation Driver Manager
United States - transporation, otr, fleet manager, dispatcher, dfw,...Experienced Safety Director
United States - combat, army, pipe, pipeline, inspector, land,...Safety Manager
Houston, TX - owner operator truck, operator truck,...Fleet Compliance/Maintenance Manager - DOT Certification
United States - dot, fleet, call center, mechanical, automotive,...