*** * ******* **. #* (408) ***-****
San Jose, CA 95112 email@example.com
A highly self –motivated student in seek of an entry level position in Networking/Software testing/analyst, experience the challenges in that environment and contribute the best to the organization.
San Jose State University, San Jose, CA May 2010
M.S. in Electrical, Electronics & Communication CGPA: 3.3/4.0
Concentration: Computer Networking/Software Testing
Gujarat University, Ahmedabad, India June 2008
B.E. in Electronics & Communication CGPA: 3.91/4.0
RELATED COURSE WORK
Computer Networks Network Architecture & Protocols Computer & Network Security
High Speed Communication Networks Convergent Voice & Data Networks Wireless Networks
Computer System Architecture Quality Assurance and Software Testing Embedded Systems
TECHNICAL KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
Languages & Platform C, JAVA (core), PHP, HTML, Sun Glassfish - Web Space Server, VMware
Operating Systems Windows 2000/XP/7, Linux, MS DOS
Tools eValid, Selenium, elementool, OPNET, Wireshark, Fiddler2, Windump, TELNET, Adobe Dreamweaver
Database & Technologies MySQL, Bluetooth, 802.11, IPSec, QOS, CDMA, GSM
Networking IPv4/6, TCP/IP, OSI, DNS, SMTP, DHCP, LAN/WAN, VLAN, Ethernet, Multicast, Spanning Tree, RIP, BGP,
OSPF, MPLS, VPN, VoIP, SIP, SSL, IKE, SHA, PKI
Hardware Cisco 3640 routers, Cisco 2511 Commserver, Cisco 4003 Catalyst Switch
PROJECTS Aug 08 – May 10
• Web Space Server – Demonstration and class presentation
- Tested web space server using Apache Ant, Web container – sun glassfish enterprise server, java runtime environment- JDK, eValid, Selenium and elementool and reported 70% bugs from the defined test cases related to its Quality Assurance
- Developed test plans and defined test strategies and test cases to validate web space server’s compatibility, functionality, interoperability and system level readiness.
- Performed installation, deployment, configuration and performance testing using automation/manual testing method.
• Cross Domain Chat Protocol Design - Demonstration and class presentation
- Created a user portal in the form of a web site using PHP, HTML , AJAX and Java Script which enables real time cross-domain chat session along with managing database using MySQL
- Defined API/protocols to enable chat session and tested portal features/functions using eValid and web testing tools
• Queuing Disciplines Order of Packets - Demonstration and class presentation
- Configured network topology and simulated it in OPNET to understand the utilization and management of the network resources.
- Analyzed the effect of queuing disciplines (FIFO, PQ, WFQ)on traffic, performance of router and applications like FTP, Video and VoIP
• Configuration of Cisco3640 routers interfaces & L2/L3 switches:
- Tested network & network topology with the help of information about router interface status, memory size and IP addresses.
- Captured & analyzed trace of actual messages exchanged during communication using Fiddler2 and Wireshark
• Implementation of VoIP
- Implemented VoIP technology and analyzed messages exchanged during Session Initiation Protocol for connections, and use of X- lite
phone as a VoIP tool at user end and Asterisk software at server side.
MODBUS Communication, ELECTROTHERM INDIA LTD. - STUDENT INTERN Jan 08 – June 08
• Implemented hardware and software module to test and implement MODBUS protocol to establish a client-server communication.
• Developed, debugged and tested a module for MODBUS communication using object oriented language C/C++
• Developed parity and Linear Redundancy Check method for integrity and packet verification in the same module
• Demonstrated and presented the successful functionality of MODBUS communication to the project manager and development team
TATA TELESERVICES LTD., INDIA – STUDENT INTERN Nov 06 –Feb 07
• Tested network connectivity and circuit switching technologies in a team of 4
• Improved signal strength by aligning the antenna direction, hence improved network performance
ACHIEVEMENTS & ACTIVITES
• Achieved 1st position in Paper Presentation on MOBILE VIRUSES, COGNIZANCE’05, India
• Secured ‘A+’ grade in DCST (Diploma in Computer Software Tech.), India
• Preparing for Cisco Certified Network Associate examination and learning Python scripting language
Similar ResumesSales Marketing Manager Director Management Customer
- ipad, adwords, ppc, apps, seo, salesforce, sample,...Project Manager/Process Manager/Agile Leader
- scrum, pmp, agile, quality manager, eric,...Business Analyst Project Management Manager Development
- hrms, call centre, gurgaon, tester, ui, scrum,...Customer Service Medical Technician Representative
- hair, sterile, fairfax, physician, occupational,...VMware Admin/Systems Engineer
Santa Clara, CA
- netapp, iscsi, lab manager, fibre, vmware,...Manager
Cameron Park, CA
- alarm technician, icu, nurse, usaf, cctv, gaming,...Software Engineer - Project Manager
Los Altos, CA
- sram, netapp, ccnp, rails, hdd, bgp, l2, fs, iptv,...Software QA
- selenium, abap, nms, data migration, websphere,...Middle East Strategic Communications Consultant
- pitching, embassy, ngo, vet, breast, egypt,...Sr SharePoint Developer
east brunswick, NJ
- install configure, sharepoint developer, ssas, hl7,...