Chris A. Bowman – Conductor/Composer
Chris A. Bowman is a multifaceted musician with credits as a conductor, award-winning composer, arranger, organist, pianist and vocalist. He is equally at home with classical, popular or jazz styles of music. Currently, he is the Conductor of the Santa Ynez Valley Master Chorale, Youth Chorale and Orchestra; a musician, composer, arranger for WavePoint Productions; and the Organist/Pianist/Director of Music at St. Mary’s Episcopal Church.
His award-winning Sanctus was selected to be recorded by the Kiev Philharmonic & Chorus with worldwide distribution. He is the recipient of two Artist-in-Residence grants from the Santa Barbara Foundation and the James Irvine Foundation. The results of these two grants are Alleluia and Celebrate, both for chorus and orchestra. Collaborating with lyricist, Cathleen McIsaac, Mr. Bowman has composed a new musical, Toad Hall, based on The Wind in the Willows. O Come Let Us Sing, for choir, piano and orchestra, is the result of a grant from the John Imbach III Foundation. His instrumental piece, Time and Texture, was awarded First Place in a composition competition sponsored by the Los Angeles Valley Symphony Orchestra. Mr. Bowman was commissioned by the Heart of America Shakespeare Festival in Kansas City, Missouri to compose and orchestrate music for A Midsummer Night’s Dream. Another commission, by the Chester Miniature Theater of Massachusetts, resulted in the music for Cock-A-Doodle-Doo, and was also a collaboration with lyricist, Cathleen McIsaac. He has composed and arranged music for film and videos. He appeared on the television special, Christmas in Beverly Hills with Jimmy Stewart, Lucile Ball and Bobby McFarrin. Mr. Bowman was awarded a full scholarship to attend the French Organ Music Seminar in Paris, which included sessions on the famous instruments of Notre-Dame Cathedral, Sainte-Clotilde, Saint-Sulpice, the Schola Cantorum, La Trinite and numerous other cathedrals around Paris. At the Cathedral in Chartre, Mr. Bowman played his Rondo in D, to rave reviews by his fellow colleagues. Recently, Mr. Bowman’s Gloria, Rondo in D, and other arrangements received performances in Concord, Massachusetts. At the American Guild of Organists National Convention in Philadelphia, Mr. Bowman played the 112 rank, Curtis Memorial Organ at Christ Church.
As a tenor soloist, Mr. Bowman has performed with the Roger Wagner Chorale, the Los Angeles Master Chorale and many other organizations. As a member of different vocal ensembles he has performed at Carnegie Hall, the Academy of Music in Philadelphia, and the Hollywood Bowl. Mr. Bowman was a back-up vocalist for the Sarah Brightman World Tour at the Santa Barbara County Bowl, and sang in Oklahoma with Jean Stapleton at the Los Angeles Music Center. He collaborated with Giorgio Tozzi in productions of Amahl and the Night Visitors at Pepperdine University, Malibu. As a keyboard player, trumpet player, vocalist and arranger he toured the country with The Open Road. He has done numerous recordings with various labels, including Warner Brothers, Delos and Sony, and participated in the Encore of the Three Tenors, and also the release of The King and I with Julie Andrews.
Mr. Bowman received his formal training at the University of Southern California and California State University-Northridge. He holds a double Master of Music Degree in Conducting and Vocal Performance with additional study in Composition, Organ and Piano.
Chris A. Bowman – Conductor/Composer/Organist
• Quebec Summer Music Festival - Conductor
• Toad Hall – C.D. – a new musical – collaboration with lyricist, Cathleen McIsaac
• Voted “Best Music” for the Santa Ynez Valley
• Ten-day tour to Vienna, Salzburg and Venice with The Santa Ynez Valley Master Chorale performing original music of Chris A. Bowman
• Award-winning Sanctus recorded by Kiev Philharmonic & Chorus with world-wide distribution
• Blessed – a C.D. of original sacred music by Chris A. Bowman
• Gloria – original composition for soloists, chorus and orchestra
• Sarah Brightman World Tour 2000 – Back-up vocalist – Santa Barbara Bowl
• Grant from the John Imbach III Foundation to compose a new choral work
• Recipient of two artist-in-residence grants from the Santa Barbara Foundation, the James Irvine Foundation, and the Santa Barbara Community Arts Council, resulting in Alleluia and Celebrate for chorus and orchestra
• Full scholarship to the French Organ Music Seminar in Paris with sessions on the famous instruments of Notre-Dame Cathedral, Sainte-Clotilde, Sacre-Coeur, Saint-Sulpice, the Schola Cantorum and others
• First Place Composition Competition awarded from the Los Angeles Valley Symphony Orchestra for Time and Texture
• Commission to compose and orchestrate original music for Shakespeare’s, A Midsummer Night’s Dream for the Heart of America Shakespeare Festival in Kansas City, Missouri
• Commission to compose music for Cock-A-Doodle-Doo for the Chester Miniature Theater of Massachusetts, a collaboration with lyricist, Cathleen McIsaac
• Conductor/Pianist at the Los Angeles Music Center KCET/KUSC Holiday Concert simulcast
• Keyboards, Arranger, Vocalist for National Tour with The Open Road
• Christmas in Beverly Hills television broadcast with Jimmy Stewart, Lucille Ball and Bobby McFarrin
• Amahl and the Night Visitors with Giorgio Tozzi at Pepperdine University, Malibu
• Music Videos – AIMS Media and Feather Touch Films
• Masterworks of the New Era ERM Media
• Blessed WavePoint Productions
• Toad Hall – The Musical WavePoint Productions
• The Three Tenors – Encore! Atlantic Recording
• A Midsummer Night’s Dream WavePoint Productions
• The King and I – Julie Andrews Lorimar Productions
• Christmas with Roger Wagner Delos
• Night Breed – Danny Elfman Warner Brothers
• Alexander Nevsky – Andre Previn Telarc
• The English Chant Schola Hollywood-F.E.L.
805.***.**** - email@example.com
Director of Information Technology & Pgm Mgt.
United States - plm, manufacturing engineering, chris, tier,...
High School Training
United States - mud, chemical, cummins, oil, chris, mike, barge,...
United States - scaffolding, painting, osha, completion,...
Middle/High School Director
United States - chris, php, professor, watch, mark, christopher,...
United States - lumber, chris, electrical, trim, cabinet, parts,...
United States - developer, p.m., type, chris, file, information,...
Special Education Objective
CA - special education, special, grade, point, public,...