Stephen Louis Tomczak
***** ******** ***** • Tampa, FL 33617 •email@example.com
Dynamic, entrepreneurial sales professional with over 25 years of successful experience in several highly competitive
markets. Demonstrated track record of sales growth in an assigned territory, while providing award-winning after sales support
and service. Tenacious in securing new accounts, creating customer loyalty, and forging strong relationships with external
business partners. Proven ability to identify new market opportunities, train and motivate sales and operations staff, negotiate and
sell at all levels in an organization, and increase sales through leveraging resources.
Coastal Reliability Solutions, Tampa FL
Contract Sales Position 2011-present
• Florida’s premier supplier of fluid handling systems (pumps) – providing complete system design, in-house and field services and process equipment, with the best response time and most reliable support in the industry.
• Responsible to develop new accounts/grow existing accounts through the sales of pumps related equipment, including electrical / mechanical equipment, primarily rotating equipment, drives and motors, pumps, instrumentation, automation and replacement parts and services to industry including MRO, OEM, Food, Beverage, Hospitals, Water and Waste Water, R/O. Pharmaceuticals , Engineering Firms, Machine Builders and System Integrators throughout 16 western counties near and surrounding the Tampa, FL market.
• Responsibilities include meeting targeted number of prospects and new customers on an aggressively specified basis.
NTN Bearing Corporation of America, Southern Georgia, Florida & Puerto Rico
S.E. Territory Manager-Industrial and Heavy Duty Truck, 2009-2010
• Increased distributor sales by 150% in the first year, second year increased sales additionally by 87%
• Responsible for 100% ownership of Industrial and Heavy Duty Truck End Users, OEM’s, assigned Distributors, and new account acquisitions supporting existing NTN’s business and achieving 100+% quota while working towards NTN’s profitability and top line growth goals.
• Act as an advocate for the customer base providing communication between customer base and NTN Engineering to gain competitor market share.
• Maintain and seek opportunities to grow, promote, present and educate NTN brands, features and benefits to Industrial related markets including Mining, Processing, Manufacturing, Power Generation, Citrus, Aggregate, Steel, WWTP, Engineering Firms, Exporters and Heavy Duty Truck, .
• Develop new and close relationships with channel partners to increase NTN’s market share.
• Represent all NTN manufactured products; radial, angular, self aligning ball, cylindrical, tapered, spherical roller and ball and roller thrust Bearings from micro to 42” ID.
• Build relationships with mechanical & reliability engineers in an effort to provide solutions against heat, speed, load, time in service, lubrication, metallurgical and operating conditions.
• Follow up, report and plan constantly.
Power and Pumps, Inc. Tampa, Fl Sales Engineer/Business Development, 2004-2009
• Fifty-five year old distributor of mechanical, rotating equipment, instrumentation and electrical systems to the municipal & industrial markets in western Florida
• #1 to #2 sales representative respectively in the company in both sales and gross profits annually (for 5 plus years).
• Responsible for sales at 29% gross margin, with an estimated sales increase of 15% annually
• High Profit Achiever Sales Award Power & Pumps 2006
Applied Industrial Technologies, Tampa, Fl Senior Account Manager, 2002-2004
• Increase sales territory by 20% annually.
• Increased profit margins to an average of 26% by selling value added vs. best price.
• Responsible for continuously researching, brainstorming & networking to come up with new sales strategies to enable growth, build relationships and to develop new business within the MRO, OEM industrial and municipal marketplace in Hillsborough County.
• Represented a diverse product line offering more than 2.5 million items including bearings; mechanical power transmission products; hydraulic and pneumatic cylinders, pumps and valves; hose and fittings; linear motion items; tools; safety products and general maintenance shop supplies.
• Successfully produced results through solution selling by identifying needs through thorough listening
A.G. Edwards & Sons, Holland, MI Financial Consultant, 1998-2002
• Developed and managed a $6 plus million dollar account base starting from $0.
• Obtained the ARENA FOOTBALL LEAGUE Pension Plan for the USA and Canada. (700 players)
• Assisted individuals in making appropriate investment decisions to meet their portfolio objectives, such as college, retirement or estate planning
• Designed strategies’ to build wealth, reduce or defer taxes
J H Bennett and Co., Grand Rapids, MI Sales Engineer, 1996-1998
• Responsible for maintaining, building and developing new business
• Increased sales by 25%
• Represented engineered hydraulic systems and pneumatic components to the OEM, MRO
and distribution markets
Motion Industries, Inc. Grand Rapids, Michigan Account Manager, 1994-1996
• Responsible for continuously researching & networking to come up with new sales strategies to enable growth, build relationships and to develop new business within the MRO, OEM industrial and municipal marketplace.
• Responsible for maintaining, building and developing new business relationships.
• Increased sales annually by 28%
• Increased customer base by 30%
• Responsible for two territories in two branches within Western Michigan (Holland & Grand Rapids)
• Represented Power Transmission Components to the industrial & OEM markets.
Berendsen (Lucas) Fluid Power, Inc. Grand Rapids, Michigan Technical Account Manager, 1992-1994
• Represented hydraulic systems and components, (hose, pumps, motors, brakes, valves, transmissions) to the OEM, MRO and distribution markets
• Number ONE Sales Account Manager in Western and Upper Peninsula
• Responsible for 38% of the company’s total sales in Michigan
• Increased Territory sales by 33%
• Increased Account base by 25%
Kent Rubber Supply, Inc. Grand Rapids, Michigan Account Manager, 1986-1992
• Represented industrial rubber products and hydraulic components, to the OEM, MRO, Industrial, Municipal and Distribution marketplace.
• Responsible for 35% of the company’s annual sales, while maintaining a sales margin of 38%
Master of Management
Aquinas College, Grand Rapids, Michigan
Bachelor of Science, Business Administration
Aquinas College, Grand Rapids, Michigan
Associates Degree in Accounting
Muskegon Business College, MI
COMPUTER SKILLS: Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint, MS Windows, Microsoft Outlook
Currently hold a Series 7, 63 & Variable Annuity and Life Insurance Licenses
**References upon request
Sales Customer Service
Tampa, FL - sales staff, sales engineer, sold, cloud, saas,...
Nokomis, FL - sales engineer, outside sales, engineer, managing,...
Jersey City, NJ - sales engineer, hvac, engineer, troubleshooting,...
Sales Customer Service
Clearwater, FL - sales engineer, opportunity, instrumentation,...
Product marketing manager
Safety Harbor, FL - sales engineer, saas, bds, sales account,...
Field Service Engineer
Tampa, FL - sales engineer, engineer, radiology, technologist,...
Sales and operations coiled tubing
Tampa, FL - sales engineer, management software, month, pump,...