DUDLEY J HUFFMAN*** ******** **
Davenport, Florida 33837
• (314) ***-****
PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE - ALL WORKING WITH PROGRESS 4GL
SUPERIOR EQUIPMENT CO., INC. – ST. LOUIS, MISSOURI 1997–PRESENT
Superior distributes and services gas-dispensing equipment and operates a construction department that builds and installs dispensing systems at retail locations.
• Managed all information technology services for the company.
• Initially performed full-scale analysis of all business and built models of “as-is” and “proposed” for each segment.
• Designed the service billing system for 4GL database. The system generates work orders and extracts time, work
performed, and sends bill.
• Added a full accounting system that included general ledger, inventory, fixed asset management, payroll, accounts
payable, accounts receivable, counter tickets, and purchase orders that are all totally integrated with the database.
• Added components for construction that cuts a similar ticket to billing but generates draws as each construction
project reaches established milestones.
• Designed and implemented a bid system that allows automated calculation of the scope of jobs and eliminates use
of spreadsheet and keying via a barcode system. System reduced bid time by 50% with increased accuracy, saving
in excess of $2 million.
DJHUFFMAN CONSULTING SERVICES – ST. LOUIS, MISSOURI 1980–1997
Provided a broad range of IT consulting services to businesses.
Lead or key participant in design or redesign of complex database systems. Most contracts required extensive analysis to develop sound basis for modifications required, conversion processes required or sub-system to be build. Selected projects include:
Sprint Communications, 09/95–04/97. System Analyst/Conversion Specialist
• Contracted to convert multiple legacy systems to work with Dispatch-1, serving 5,000+ users in an
• Lead project that consisted of both contract as well as in-house personnel.
• Responsible for keeping project on-time and within budget.
• Designed an interface that allowed mapping elements from legacy system and reduced project time from an
estimated 5 years to 2 years, saving 60% in development costs.
Advanced Elastomer Systems, 06/95–09/95. Data Analyst
• Modified an HP/UNIX/Progress Manufacturing application (SYMIX) to fit client’s requirements. Reduced
processing time on some procedures by as much as 90%.
PMX Industries, 03/95–05/95. System Analyst
• Designed logistical reports for an HP/UNIX/Progress manufacturing application (SYMIX) serving more
than 100 users. Utilized Microsoft Excel and SPSS software to validate resulting logistics.
Central Hardware, 06/93–09/95. System Analyst
• Designed a system in Progress to manage bankruptcy claims from scratch. System enabled matching of
debtor and creditor information and electronic transmission to bankruptcy court and legal representation
for all parties, performing all tasks from initial claim printing through balloting and check writing.
PMX Industries, 09/93–05/94. Project Manager
• Led a team of five in a total revamp of a highly modified manufacturing package (SYMIX) to meet
need for online reporting of time and materials, job-order creation, and forecasting.
Southern Illinois University – Carbondale
University of Missouri – Saint Louis