Director of Food and Beverage Operations
Results-oriented professional offering excellent communication and team working skills along with 11 years of progressive management experience. Proficient in providing operational expertise in administrative practices, problem assessments, budgeting, cost controls, vendor relations, inventory control, purchasing, financial analysis, relationship building, and management of all personnel functions. Strong leader, trainer, and team player with strengths in organization, implementation, managing, planning, and controls. Extremely focused and task-oriented with experience in cultivating positive relations through courtesy, patience, professionalism, and a service-oriented mentality. Highly motivated and self-directed leader that focuses on hiring, training, and people development. Successful management of accounts exceeding $6,000,000. Proficient in use of Microsoft Office Suite and Outlook.
SODEXO, INC., Durham, North Carolina 6/10 – 9/10
• Hired as a specialist to implement logistical setup for movement, operational procedures, and human resource practices for eight accounts.
• Performed operational duties including running of three accounts, management of 15 employees, achieving outstanding guest services, and providing sound cost controls within budgetary guidelines.
• Worked with new and established vendors in inventory management, food costs, purchasing, and deliveries.
• Implemented and executed recipes and ensured employees followed recipes.
• Served as a positive role model in supervising and coordinating staffing needs, guest requests, and complaints.
• Designed and prepared meals and managed catering operations.
• Responsible for completion of administrative paperwork, establishing drug screenings, and initiating background checks on potential employees.
DUKE DIET AND FITNESS CENTER / COMPASS GROUP, Durham, North Carolina 9/03 – 6/10
FOOD SERVICE MANAGER / EXECUTIVE CHEF
• Transferred in November 2009 to Duke University with accountability for a $6,000,000 budget and 60 employees. Worked for a company securing sustainable principles and local vendors.
• Previously responsible for an $1,700,000 account and 23 employees at Duke Diet and Fitness Center. Managed all financial reporting and controls.
• Managed all personnel functions including planning and administering effective hiring, training, and personnel development. Strong background in training and mentoring staff.
• Developed unique and cutting edge menu offerings and served as liaison to medical and nutritional staff. Ensured program was maintained at the forefront of the diet as well as the industry.
• Responsible for highly specific food tolerances in a controlled food service environment. Customized menus and developed other promotional oriented written materials to meet client needs.
• Instrumental in special events planning for banquets and catering operations as per client needs.
• Met with, and maintained direct and regular contact, with clients. Led food preparation demonstrations while communicating as the floor manager and expert in the kitchen.
• Knowledge of food and catering trends with a focus on quality, production, cost controls, and presentations.
JIMMY V’S STEAKHOUSE AND TAVERN, Cary, North Carolina 4/99 – 8/03
• Responsible for all personnel and operational management including budgeting, P&L, and payroll functions.
• Managed all aspects of inventory control including purchasing, vendor research, interaction, and relations.
JOHNSON & WALES UNIVERSITY, Providence, Rhode Island. A.A.S. IN CULINARY ARTS, May 1998
• Graduated Cum Laude