Results-driven marketing and public relations professional with significant and progressive experience in marketing, branding, public relations, relationship management, trade exhibitions, collateral design and advertising. Polished communicator with advanced presentation, negotiation and problem-solving skills.
Possess a high level of discipline, professional integrity, a passion for achieving organizational success and a desire to be a key leader on a “winning team.” Excel in managing multiple projects simultaneously with strong detail, problem-solving and follow-through capabilities. Proficient in MS Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Publisher, Adobe CS5 Illustrator, Photoshop and InDesign. Savvy e-commerce marketer who has designed several company websites.
• Advanced presentation skills
• Graphic design
• Trade show management
• Brochure development
• Website development
• Project management
• Strong writing and editing
• Time management and prioritization
• Budget planning/tracking
• Social networking (Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, etc.)
• Proficient in Microsoft suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, Outlook)
• Proficient in Adobe CS5 (Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign)
• Drive for results
• Ability to deal with ambiguity
• Strong communication skills
• Time management and prioritization
• Ability to work well in teams
• Strong sense of urgency
• Personal accountability for success
Freelance Marketing Consultant
Marketing Consulting and Illustration Services, 05/11 - Present
Provided freelance marketing services to multiple small and mid-sized businesses. Developed brochures, logos, business cards, websites and wrote copy. Provided 100% instruction for online business courses.
Marketing Coordinator, 03/10 - 04/11
Assisted in the planning and execution of RFP responses for commercial construction projects. Provided additional resources for communicating construction execution to staff, owners and architects in such a way that all stakeholders were beneficially informed. Managed T.A. Loving's marketing initiative via public relations, presentations, design displays, collateral, website development, branding, market analysis and direct mail.
• Developed target-specific collateral
• Provided creative oversight and management of a new, $10K website. Provided ROI analysis via Google Analytics and AdWords.
• Redesigned website to better serve internal staff, subcontractors and owners.
• Managed public relations activities and positioning of company; secured multiple placements of quotes and mentions of company in media. Increased overall PR publications by 30%.
• Created and maintained client profile database
• Designed pop up displays for the North Carolina Healthcare Engineers Association (NCHEA) trade show
• Enhanced corporate image by building company's reputation in commercial and healthcare construction industry
• Key presenter during strategic action committee meetings and responsible for distributing meeting summary to key leaders
• Extensive experience handling a variety of clientele through various levels of communication
• Designed presentation materials to better display the value of our services vs. competitors
• Developed presentation and speaker notes for a $20 million new construction proposal for the Campbell University School of Osteopathic Medicine; directly contributing to T.A. Loving acquiring the contract for this project.
• Identified and utilized a variety of learning materials, resources and technology methods (such as: engineering software and team learning) to support and improve marketing plan
• Participated and organized fundraisers for Wayne County Relay for Life; raising over $16K
Graphics and Marketing Communications Specialist, 03/09 - 03/10
Directed a combination of advertising and marketing programs including: coordination of trade shows, promotions, design of corporate publications (i.e. – newsletter, product releases, technical bulletins, instruction manuals, handbooks and brochures), photography, advertising and public relations.
• Updated and maintained company website
• Developed marketing collateral (table top displays, catalog spreads, sales sheets, press kits)
• Awarded “Best in Show for Exhibition of New Products” at the American Millwork Distributors (AMD) trade show.
• Managed 6-figure project to design and build a trade show booth for the International Builder’s Show (IBS) in Las Vegas, NV.
• Developed a product database used for sales force training, which illustrates each individual product including both similarities and differences.
• Established printing vendor list and negotiated best price and value
• Developed online advertisement campaign featuring seven “Click Here to Get Your Free Prize” impressions. Each advertisement directly linked users to an online form that provided the company with contact information for sales purposes.
• Standardized advertising to reflect company branding and ensure delivery of key messages
• Developed and managed a highly effective quarterly newsletter, resulting in increased communications among internal employees and sales representatives
Eye to Eye Optical
Office and Medical Assistant, 08/07 - 06/08
Utilized medical office software, administrative office procedures, health insurance processing, billing, contact lens training, lens measurement, frame repairs, supply orders, product promotion and patient care.
Public Relations Intern, 08/08 - 12/08
Assisted GolinHarris manage the Veterans History Project. This VHP is a statewide effort to collect the personal stories of West Virginia veterans for the Library of Congress’ Veterans History Project. This internship permitted me to work closely with the West Virginia Telecommunications Association, the Library of Congress and WV Senator J. Rockefeller. I developed public service announcements, press releases, recorded veterans’ histories and submitted packets to the Library of Congress.
Position: Public Relations Intern, 05/08 - 08/08
Provided newsletters, memos, public service announcements, press releases, grant writing and service projects. PACE TEC is a non-profit community rehabilitation program that provides job training, placement and support services to adults with disabilities.
Position: Sales Associate, 05/06-06/07
M.S. Integrated Marketing Communications – West Virginia University, Morgantown, WV (2011)
B.S. Journalism with a concentration in Public Relations – West Virginia University, Morgantown, WV (2008)
Minor, Communications – West Virginia University, Morgantown, WV (2008)
TN - piano, prepared, jenkins, royal, conductor, dip,...
TN - maintenance manager, according, sales consultant,...
Inventory Control Specialist
TN - wellness, ky, media, logistics, outside,...
Clerical / Office Staff
TN - office staff, teachers, cellphone, financial,...
TN - civil engineer, wastewater, staff, water treatment,...
Tool and Die Maker
TN - die, machinist, mold, joshua, die maker, tn, clean,...
TN - sold, mold, anthony, process technician, ward,...