KEVIN WILLIAM SIMONTON**** ***** **** 901-***-****
Cordova, TN 38016 firstname.lastname@example.org
A multi-talented problem solver with over 10 years’ experience delivering above average results as a Credit Manager. Most of my accomplishments have been the result of superior customer service, analytical abilities, process improvements and multi-tasking abilities. Skilled at interacting with all types of customers, sales, marketing, accounting, information systems and all levels of employees.
Credit & Collection Management Process Improvement
Bachelor’s Degree – Business Administration Diplomatic Negotiator
Excellent Communication & Analytical Skills Accomplished Problem Solver
Updated Microsoft Office Skills AS400, SAP & Oracle
PROFESSIONAL ACCOMPLISHMENTS & EMPLOYMENT HISTORY
BCS, Inc. - affiliate of Commercial Credit Management Associates 2006 to Present
General Financial Consulting Services Managing Consultant
Confer with various consumers, business owners, corporate officers and managers to analyze and recommend improvements to their revenue cycle and financial policies and processes in a challenging economy. Function as change agent to ensure recommendations are implemented.
• Increase sales of services by developing business, sales and marketing plan.
• Increase consumer’s and client’s profits and cash flow by analyzing their practices and implementing recommended changes.
FedEx TechConnect, Memphis, TN 2011 to present
Information Technology Global Revenue Tester
Work with an international team to test new enhancements to FedEx Global Revenue Software Systems utilizing new automated technologies and metrics to certify the quality of the software enhancements.
• Customers invoiced at the proper rate, discount and invoice delivered via the proper medium.
• A/R Systems are user-friendly and properly controlled for billing, credit, collection and cash application functions.
• Required working knowledge of 5-10 planned and existing Revenue Software billing, rebilling, credit, collection and customer service systems.
• Maintain free, open and professional communication throughout the certification process to ensure a high level of compliance.
FedEx Express Memphis, TN 2006 to 2011
Express Delivery Services Checker/Sorter/Material Handler
Unload international and domestic flights and deliver cans to proper Input area for entry into the Matrix. Scan packages and boxes from slides/rollers and properly stack them in cans for flight. Load containers and ABK onto Airbus and MD series planes for flight to Houston.
• Named Employee of the month in October, 2008 by my peers and managers.
• Three year Performance Review scores were 6.9, 6.9 and 7.0 out of a possible 7.0.
Mascot Cleaners, Inc. Bartlett, TN 2004-2006
Dry Cleaners and Laundry General Manager
Managed all functions of this $.5 million per year cleaners with over 20 employees. Company was formed by the merger of two Tiger Cleaners drop stores, a Bartlett Cleaners drop store and the main Bartlett Cleaners store and plant.
• Negotiate multiple major contracts: purchase two cleaners, lease four retail locations with three landlords, loans and account terms with three banks.
• Delivered over 99% of customer orders on time by improving production processes and logistics system. Customer requested re-clean orders were very nominal.
• Developed business, marketing, sales and capital improvement plans to drive the business to profitability. Daily management of multiple projects involving all types of accounting, finance, personnel, logistic, customer and equipment problems.
Coca-Cola Enterprises, Inc. Memphis, TN 2003-2004
Soft Drink Manufacturer Senior Credit Representative
Set and reviewed credit lines for new/existing accounts and collected past due accounts.
• Coordinated the retransmitting of corrected EDI invoices and handled other customer service/collection issues to Wal-Mart and Sam’s Club.
• Adapted to operate unique software and customer master, corrected misapplied manual and autocash payments to be able to perform my job more efficiently.
Landau, Inc., Olive Branch, MS 2001-2003
Medical Apparel Manufacturer Credit Manager
Manage cash application, credit and collection functions of domestic and international accounts. Supervise six Account Representatives and cash applicators.
• Control credit exposure and make cash application more efficient by changing the customer master to consolidate accounts owned and paid by common entities. Made cash application more efficient by developing a foreign exchange rate spreadsheet and set up macros to enter bank deposit information.
• Wrote queries to pinpoint problem accounts.
American Metal Products, Inc., (Div of MASCO), Olive Branch, MS 1995-2001
Manufacturer of grills, registers, diffusers and gutter products Credit Manager
Managed cash application, credit and collection functions. Supervised three Account Representatives.
• Increase cash flow by over $2 million a year. Reduce total past due percentages over 30 days from 40% to less than 1% in twelve months.
• Lead a special multi-million dollar two year project with a large DIY customer.
• Resolve customer problems before they became credit problems by working closely with the customers purchasing and accounting staff members in a diplomatic manner.
• Increase profits in two ways: minimize bad debt losses and legal expenses and performed customer profitability studies on major accounts and recommend changes.
• Train staff to use policies and procedures in setting and reviewing credit lines, financial analysis, collections, letters of credit and UCC filings to assure quality of domestic and international receivables.
• Create various ad hoc budget, cash projections, reports and summary information for Management.
• Developed hybrid system of record retention using mainframe and microfilm applications.
• Develop a method to obtain valid open item report and balance A/R ledger to G/L. Implement a new Y2K compliant software package in just seven months and retrained employees to use new software efficiently.
Bachelor of Business Administration majoring in General Business - University of Mississippi
New Horizons Computer Learning Center – Microsoft Office Courses