Julia E. Becker
Woodstock, Georgia 30188
Home Phone: 770-***-****
Cell Phone: 678-***-****
• Professional Paralegal with 10+ years of experience in the legal industry.
• Extensive legal and insurance background, including heavy discovery response experience for Insurance Defense, Personal Injury and Workers’ Compensation litigation.
• Responsible, prompt, dependable, and trustworthy.
• Proficient in all aspects of Word, WordPerfect, Microsoft Office, Juris, TABS, Abacus, as well as in most computer programs.
• Former Licensed Florida Workers’ Compensation Adjuster.
Law Office of James C. McLaughlin
In-House Counsel for Liberty Mutual Insurance
Insurance Defense/Workers’ Compensation Paralegal
• Paralegal to 5 (five) In-House counsel.
• Responsible for preparation and completion of all discovery responses for Insurance Defense/Workers’ Compensation cases.
• Aspects of file management included performing legal research, schedule and coordinated depositions, mediations, managed all court and attorney calendars, prepared Trial materials.
• Researched and gathered all medical records for medical summaries/settlement of claims, performed Paralegal fee billing as well as other projects as assigned.
Braun & Ree, LLP
Personal Injury Paralegal
2008 – 2009
• Paralegal to Founder/Senior Partner.
• Responsibilities included preparing and filing Personal Injury lawsuits.
• Aspects of file management included performing legal research, schedule and coordinate depositions, mediations, and Independent Medical Examinations.
• Research and responded to discovery, managed all court and attorney calendars, prepared Trial materials, performed other projects as assigned.
Zirkle & Hoffman, LLP
Workers’ Compensation Paralegal
2007 - 2008
• Paralegal to Founders and Senior Partners.
• Responsibilities included performing legal research, schedule and coordinate depositions and Independent Medical Examinations
• Responded to discovery, drafted deposition and medical summaries, managed calendars, prepared Hearing materials, all aspects of file management.
Harper, Waldon & Craig
Insurance Defense Legal Secretary
2001 – 2006
• Legal Secretary to Founder and Senior Partner.
• Responsibilities included heavy transcription and preparing all aspects of legal documents, including motions, briefs, medical summaries, settlement documents, attorney fee billing and filing.
• Performed other tasks as assigned.
Moore Ingram Johnson & Steele
Workers’ Compensation Legal Assistant
1999 – 2001
• Assisted Workers’ Compensation insurance defense attorneys in all phases of litigation, including preparing cases for hearings, researching case law, transcription, scheduling,
• Prepared legal documents, attorney fee billing, and prepared settlement documents for approval of the Administrative Law Judge of the State Board of Workers’ Compensation.
McConnaughhay, Duffy, Coonrod, Pope, and Weaver
Workers’ Compensation Paralegal
1996 - 1999
• Responsible for all aspects of research and preparation of Workers’ compensation settlement documents for approval of the Judge of Worker’s compensation Claims.
• Drafted medical summaries, correspondence to Clients, transcription, paralegal fee billing, and other tasks as assigned.
Bayshore High School, Bradenton, Florida
Certificate, Manatee Area Vocational and Technical School, Bradenton, Florida
Former Licensed Florida Workers’ Compensation Adjuster
Legal Assistant, Legal Assistant, Legal Secretary and Paralegal
Duluth, GA - paralegal, legal assistant, bankruptcy, monitor,...
Human Resources Data Entry
Roswell, GA - paralegal, staff, resources, personal assistant,...
Real Estate Insurance
Marietta, GA - paralegal, relocation, closer, companies, pre,...
Customer Service Medical
Atlanta, GA - paralegal, productions, re, litigation, civil,...
Real Estate Manager
Kennesaw, GA - paralegal, office, accounting clerk, locations,...
Woodstock, GA - paralegal, legal secretary, selling, opportunity,...
Atlanta, GA - paralegal, map, personal injury, insurance, lists,...