Innovative, problem solving Process Analyst will facilitate the breakdown of business processes in your organization to effectively and objectively analyze for waste and optimally sequence activities into efficient and collaborative workflows. These skills will enable your enterprise to collaborate cross-functionally and break down barriers to serving customers.
Enterprise Business Analysis
Data & Process Governance Facilitation
Problem Solving Training Curriculum Development
Oriental Trading Company, Inc., Omaha, NE (Jan 2007 – Current)
Oriental Trading Company, Inc. is a leading direct marketer in value priced novelties and party goods, supplying businesses and consumers.
Process Analyst – Responsible for project evaluation and business process analysis for the enterprise.
• Functional Lead, Training Lead, and Co-Governance Lead for Product Information Management and Catalog Automation project: coordinated workload for 3 analysts and collaborated with Project Manager, Business Champion, and other Functional Leads over 13 months, orchestrating vendor accumulation of product and catalog information for configuration and customization; cross-functional process re-design; data and process governance discussions; consultation, creation, and review of training program and materials; and creation and delivery of presentations to the executive team.
• Constructed a project sizing model based on existing system functionality for quick, high level sizing.
• Directed effort for gathering and assessing IT department project requests to help senior leadership make decisions on IT project portfolio and annual budget.
• Built repeatable process for project estimation using context diagramming and function point analysis and used it to analyze more than 60 projects over 4 years.
• Mapped out Level 0 business model to illustrate core business flow based on information gathered over time which had not previously been defined. This is used as a basis for analysis in enterprise projects.
• Performed several activities to enable PCI compliance:
o Built and maintain a Data Flow Diagram to illustrate credit card flow from customer entry to destruction, including all business processes and systems. Coordinated the writing and maintenance of the companion narrative.
o Researched, planned and coordinated implementation of credit card encryption and process changes for Call Center Agent Recording and B2B Order Taking.
o Built, implemented, and trained IT and business teams on processes and procedures for provisioning and de-provisioning User Access to systems.
• Used IPAPI Customer Expectation Management method to analyze points of failure in a media planning process that contained key corporate performance indicators making the business case for a new system.
• Advised Media Forecasting leaders on how to analyze their processes by preparing a step by step plan to approach their colleagues, gather and document the information, and determine the gaps so they could elicit requirements for better automation.
• Motivated and led a cross-functional business team to redefine their product and media delivery process into a repeatable, quarterly strategy that aligned the timing of activities and created a common, disciplined goal for the Marketing, Merchandising, e-Commerce and Inventory departments.
• Presented a project sizing method to the Omaha Chapter of International Institute of Business Analysts using slideshow illustration and animation of specific examples and a step by step build of the process.
• Created a SharePoint Site for process information including a library with specific templates, guidelines and naming conventions.
• Analyzed and documented warehouse management and order entry interface systems written in RPG to create a layperson-readable reference library for troubleshooting and analysis.
Pamida, Omaha, NE (Mar 1998 – Dec 2006)
Pamida is a regional value-priced retailer that focuses on providing a wide variety of merchandise to small communities.
Sr. Business Systems Analyst – Responsible for systems that replenished merchandise for up to 3 warehouses, 200 stores, and 20,000 items; research for new business technology; and participation in IT planning and budgeting.
• Gathered and wrote requirements for Scan Based Trading project, designed process for adding vendors to the program, and managed implementation of the first 5 vendors.
• Designed an application to combine ordering for automated replenishment and advertising-allocated merchandise to optimize vendor purchasing and timing of deliveries by sequencing the runtimes of the new application and existing Retail Merchandising System (RMS) applications.
• Designed an application that allowed modeling of advertising item allocations based on sales and “like item” selections, using replenishment minimums and maximums to produce purchase orders, reducing the manual work of an 8-10 person Inventory Allocation Team by 10 hours per week per person.
• Proposed, designed, and executed a solution to incrementally redistribute inventory into 2 warehouses from one and adjust automated vendor ordering into the warehouses, while timing the reassignment of store pull and cross-docking to prevent interruption of inventory distribution over a 3 month period.
• Designed application to perform seasonal adjustments for replenishment of merchandise to stores based on selection of type and period of sales curving by category, user defined list, or individual item.
• Identified location of logic in third party replenishment code that caused an inventory deficiency for high numbered stores when warehouse inventory was low and worked with developer to design the solution that ensured all 200 stores received their allotment of merchandise for sale.
• Modeled finance, merchandising, store operations, logistics and support processes for web store implementation.
• Analyzed sales, location, and replenishment data to form recommendation of appropriate minimum and maximum order points for the automated replenishment system.
• Developed requirements and testing formats and the accompanying processes used in the development lifecycle.
• Prepared and presented a strategic view of replenishment and allocation systems to create an understanding of issues, advantages, cost and effort.
• Worked with subject matter experts to gather needs and requirements for replenishment and allocation applications.
• Trained subject matter experts on use of RMS and in-house replenishment and allocation applications.
The Principal Financial Group (1985 – Mar 1998)
The Principal is a leading global provider of financial services to consumers and businesses.
Market Director (1996-98) - Director of 35 person cross-functional team for 5 state block of small group life & health insurance business.
• Developed market research plan for 5 state small group life & health insurance business.
• Management of underwriting, annual plan review, claims, training and mailroom employees including responsibility for budgeting, project management, performance review, and compensation review and distribution.
• Lead training group to develop plan for cross-training underwriting and annual plan review teams.
Financial Analyst/Asst Manager (1990-96) – Managed the workload and performance of up to 3 teams of professionals including a PC team, a Reporting team, and a Financial team with Actuarial students in a 160 employee Technical Services department.
• Developed PC team into a cohesive, big-picture-focused unit supporting technical, development, and desktop needs of the department
• Responsible for performance review and management.
• Responsible for processing quarterly balance sheet reporting for Japanese health insurance partner.
• Responsible for Monthly, Quarterly and Annual reporting for Group Life and Health Business.
• Initiated and organized monthly personal computer user group for Group Life and Health division including interaction with corporate desktop support team.
• Analyzed and recommended options to convert the department from desktop mainframe terminals to LAN supported desktop personal computers.
• Supported connectivity between group life and health systems and two independent insurance agencies supporting Principal products.
Prior to 1990
Pension Analyst, The Principal Financial Group
Reinsurance Clerk, The Principal Financial Group
Statistical Clerk, The Equitable Life Insurance Company of Iowa
Pension Technician, The Equitable Life Insurance Company of Iowa
MS Office Visio, PowerPoint, Word, Excel, Access, Outlook, Project
HEAT Call Logging
EPK Portfolio Mgmt Lotus Notes, 123
IBM and Oracle Platforms
Khimetrics Pricing Optimization Retek Merchandising System with item, location, replenishment, vendor and PO mgmt
Customer Order Entry and Warehouse Mgmt systems
Brown Paper Use Case, User Stories
Data Flow Workshops
Function Point Analysis
Process Flow, BPMN
• Metropolitan Community College, Liberal Arts/Academic Transfer AA, Spring 2011
• IPAPI Certified Process Professional
• Additional training: Management, Project Management, Project Risk Assessment, Business Process Modeling, Requirements Modeling, Oracle Discoverer & SQL, Crystal Reports, Relational Database, Supply Chain and TQM
Omaha, NE - pharmacist, pharmacy, sterile, pharm, psychiatric,...
Omaha, NE - india, transcriptionist, medical, transcription,...
Papillion, NE - mechanic, crane, example, diesel, naval,...
Omaha, NE - mechanic, crane, example, diesel, naval,...
Customer Service Representative
Omaha, NE - fitter, remedy, edi, secretary, omaha,...
Technician Research: University Experience
Omaha, NE - technologist, omaha, technician, lisa, nebraska,...
Omaha, NE - omaha, water, united, dana, soccer, junior, sales,...